Sign in to follow this  
Skeef

Character Transfers

15 posts in this topic

Will be from Anathema first while the other servers continue to progress through Vanilla patches? If I understand right, should I create a character on Anathema that I want to play in BC to have a head start on the BC realm when it comes out? Currently play on Elysium.

They were pretty vague on what is happening. And nothing is set yet. 

2 hours ago, Ickus said:

They were pretty vague on what is happening. And nothing is set yet. 

ok thanks ill wait a bit

I think they should let Elysium catch up to Anathema in content then merge the 2 servers into 1 PvP Vanilla realm, keep Darrowshire and add a BC PvP and PvE realm when the time comes.

1 PvP / PvE for both Vanilla / BC would be awesome if theres enough population to support it  ontop of the PTE servers

I really doubt the vast majority playing on Anathema would wait for Elysium to catch up, most of them would simply stop playing. I, for one, would simply look for something else to do if I had to wait till 2019.

4 hours ago, Skeef said:

I think they should let Elysium catch up to Anathema in content then merge the 2 servers into 1 PvP Vanilla realm, keep Darrowshire and add a BC PvP and PvE realm when the time comes.

1 PvP / PvE for both Vanilla / BC would be awesome if theres enough population to support it  ontop of the PTE servers

They 100% need to wait on Elysium to catch up l. I'd be happy with farming naxx until Elysium is ready to transfer.

3 hours ago, Keala said:

I really doubt the vast majority playing on Anathema would wait for Elysium to catch up, most of them would simply stop playing. I, for one, would simply look for something else to do if I had to wait till 2019.

It won't be 2019 id imagine but if we want it to work we need to wait on Elysium. If for nothing else than to avoid what we're dealing with on anathema right now 

The BWL release was sped up by almost a month or so on Elysium (a good thing to be closer to matching world first timeline in retail). If they continue this trend Elysium should have Naxx by Summer of 2018 or earlier.

Waiting for everyone to play on the same TBC server is the one chance to fix the god awful mistake of creating different timelines on different servers.

Anathema can wait and Elysium can speed up. Everyone wins.

10 minutes ago, Ickus said:

It won't be 2019 id imagine but if we want it to work we need to wait on Elysium. If for nothing else than to avoid what we're dealing with on anathema right now 

Elysium is scheduled to have Naxxramas around September 2018. I doubt they will release TBC for them 1-2 months after getting their Naxx, it will take surely more than that, otherwise they'll end up having only 1 month to farm Naxx. This means the release for TBC is much more likely to be around early 2019, I really can't see them releasing it in 2018, not even in December.

We will see what the staff decides to do regarding this matter, but if that is seriously the only way to make it work, then I will gladly just walk away and go for another game or focus on something else. Sorry, but I'm not waiting over 1 year for TBC, might aswell just join Crestfall (if I will remember about its existence by that time, that is).

4 minutes ago, Forest_ said:

Anathema can wait and Elysium can speed up. Everyone wins.

I'd be the first to be happy if they sped up Elysium progress, but even if they do that, it's gonna be sped up by an mount that won't make the difference.

3 minutes ago, Keala said:

I'd be the first to be happy if they sped up Elysium progress, but even if they do that, it's gonna speed it up by an mount that won't make the difference.

We just need to wait and see. I personally would like to see the timer start as soon as the final boss is killed speeding it up by 3-4 months. Could also allow anathema players only to alpha and beta test but I do want to go to tbc same time as Elysium. It sucks but it's the best solution.

On 9/5/2017 at 6:40 AM, Ickus said:

We just need to wait and see. I personally would like to see the timer start as soon as the final boss is killed speeding it up by 3-4 months. Could also allow anathema players only to alpha and beta test but I do want to go to tbc same time as Elysium. It sucks but it's the best solution.

Agreed.  I want TBC right now tbh but the best decision is to properly progress.  We do need a good Beta Testing phase though.  Felmyst did that well, still hoping Gummy slipped them the core.  It was incredible.  

I realy hope that, they make 2 realms both for vanilla and tbc, vanilla is special and the bc is a great balance..

I hope you guys understand what a 8-12k population in Outlands will do to your game experience :p

But that is if elysium keeps it population, and everyone transfers to tbc though. the number will probably be closer to 5-7k which is still a lot