Cap/Randomization Change to BG

From the latest patch notes:

Players will now only be able to queue for Battlegrounds in smaller groups

This is a poorly thought out idea that (supposedly) has precedent in place to demonstrate it does not work. Premades are not an issue with PvP, they're an expected behavior and can be countered by other premades just fine. The larger issues with PvP lie in other areas that need to be addressed first before you can even consider this to be an option:

• Fixing PvP marks not expiring
  • More strict anti-AFK measures/enforcement in BGs
  • Alerts/Monitoring of accounts with large percentages of time online vs. time in a day/week - i.e. account sharing
  • Deeply considering the rank gear earlier availability suggestion

This decision is controversial for a reason - it's an extremely poorly thought out one at best. Please sound off below if you agree or disagree but do me a favor:
PLEASE AVOID HYPERBOLE OR SLANDEROUS ACCUSATIONS AND REMAIN CONSTRUCTIVE.

Pay for NA company ? NAH thanks i would prefer to keep PVP LIKE IS IT ON elysium and have it normal instead being like other project like K AV changing shits

I completely agree with this post. I dont understand. Even  WSG 2v2 would be more interesting than joining bg to 8 language barriered guys.  Its very frustrating to solo que. This game is meant to be played with Friends.  Even if its uhd.

Personally i think its a very gray idea.

Sure, maybe make pvp for accessible to the people usually getting roflstomped. However the fact of the matter is, this is still a player vs player thing. Just because all the sickos went alliance doesnt mean you should change the game to accomodate others.

Edited by Shayss
grammar

3 minutes ago, uhd said:

im the best player in this thread

i am here now.

Hi all, long time no see. THIS MEASURE IS GOOD I APPROVE :) WILL HELP COOMUNITY =) EAGER TO RAID =)

The real problem on Elysium is that all decent guilds recruited and rolled Alliance. Either restart the server or offer faction change, otherwise Alliance is going to keep stomping Horde indefinitely until the server dies. All of these non-blizzlike changes won't incentivise anything to revitalise the PVP on the server. If anything the opposite will be the case.

I can only say that putting a cap like this will completely destroy a huge aspect of the game for alot of people - and will without a doubt kill of part of the community. This is mostly people who DO NOT rank and only enjoy doing random premade vs premade games in the weekends.

It is a horrible fucking idea to even consider - and even just testing it out will permanently damage the server. 

Reconsider and take a step back before you do something you really wish you did not do. Truth be told you will be removing this cap eventually if you do implement it - only thing you will have succeeded in doing is make a part of the community quit, making afking/botting in bg's more regular and generally damaging the server.

the people that complained about premade groups need to be corpse camped relentlessly

also as OP said if you wanted to fix ranking, fix the bg marks not expiring

What prevents people who supposedly get stomped to gather a few ppl of their own and start queing together? Half of ally premades are braindeas chinese that are easily 4-5 man stack stompable by normal players. Also, what OP said could not be more true. There are some people playing for upwards of 200+ hours without logging out and are known account boosters. You are not detecting the problem and are not combating the real plague that is destroying pvp atm.

2 minutes ago, Ezek said:

the people that complained about premade groups need to be corpse camped relentlessly

also as OP said if you wanted to fix ranking, fix the bg marks not expiring

yea how hard is it to fix marks not expiring ? 

Instead, release the pvp gear update before fucking naxx patch and listen to your community. Nostalrius did this and saw the error of their ways and quickly fixed. Why do you guys not observe and learn? You are not motivating ppl to rank or pvp at all, the gear is utrer shit and now people can't group que. You may as well rename your server to raidlogysium because that is what's about to happen.

2 minutes ago, prsina said:

Instead, release the pvp gear update before fucking naxx patch and listen to your community. Nostalrius did this and saw the error of their ways and quickly fixed. Why do you guys not observe and learn? You are not motivating ppl to rank or pvp at all, the gear is utrer shit and now people can't group que. You may as well rename your server to raidlogysium because that is what's about to happen.

this too, nost released it in zg and guess what?? NOTHING bad happened only good cuz it made the pvp scene better

12 minutes ago, Phoosy said:

Premades are not an issue with PvP, they're an expected behavior and can be countered by other premades just fine.

Wrong, sorry its not expected that 90% of battlegrounds are vs' a premade. This started to become a problem on retail and they took great steps to stop it (removed the ranking system, arenas, Rated BG's - all of these things were set up to create a situation where the average player can enjoy PvP as it was supposed to be rather than by farming millions of honor for gear). 

I know this whole thread is going to turn on anyone who disagrees but sorry Phoosy you dont know what your talking about, You dont understand the game and you dont understand the vast majority of the player base. Your to close to the PvP scene and you think that they matter more than they really do. 

This change does not stop people from being able to rank, it stops them from being able to game the system. 

Everything in your original post Phoosy talks to fixing the issues that face the 50-100 people activly ranking, it does nothing to address the fact that there are literally hundreds of thousands of players on the server who gave up PvP'ing because of the premades. None of what you have suggested actually improves the server for the vast majority of the player base. I get why it matters to those 50-100 people, I understand why this is so emotional to you all, but I would suggest that you take a step back and realize - a very very small group of people is dominating the entire server's pvp and the rest have given up. The reason we saw a huge population decline back in April/May was because people hated PvP. 

2 minutes ago, reagan said:

Wrong, sorry its not expected that 90% of battlegrounds are vs' a premade. This started to become a problem on retail and they took great steps to stop it (removed the ranking system, arenas, Rated BG's - all of these things were set up to create a situation where the average player can enjoy PvP as it was supposed to be rather than by farming millions of honor for gear). 

I know this whole thread is going to turn on anyone who disagrees but sorry Phoosy you dont know what your talking about, You dont understand the game and you dont understand the vast majority of the player base. Your to close to the PvP scene and you think that they matter more than they really do. 

This change does not stop people from being able to rank, it stops them from being able to game the system. 

Everything in your original post Phoosy talks to fixing the issues that face the 50-100 people activly ranking, it does nothing to address the fact that there are literally hundreds of thousands of players on the server who gave up PvP'ing because of the premades. None of what you have suggested actually improves the server for the vast majority of the player base. I get why it matters to those 50-100 people, I understand why this is so emotional to you all, but I would suggest that you take a step back and realize - a very very small group of people is dominating the entire server's pvp and the rest have given up. The reason we saw a huge population decline back in April/May was because people hated PvP. 

why dont u just form/join a premade?? whats stopping u

2 minutes ago, reagan said:

Wrong, sorry its not expected that 90% of battlegrounds are vs' a premade.

ppl QQing that prems are 90% are the kind that see a random china r10 in their game and start fluttering " ITs A PRem11!!!1!". Are u fucking insane? I do premades every now and then to try meet other premades and takes us like 5-6 fucking games ONLY TO MEET a premade. How desillusional are you to think 90% of games are premade? open your fucking eyes. I WISH THEY WERE FFS.

1 minute ago, Spanishboss said:

ppl QQing that prems are 90% are the kind that see a random china r10 in their game and start fluttering " ITs A PRem11!!!1!". Are u fucking insane? I do premades every now and then to try meet other premades and takes us like 5-6 fucking games ONLY TO MEET a premade. How desillusional are you to think 90% of games are premade? open your fucking eyes. I WISH THEY WERE FFS.

this is true as well

4 minutes ago, reagan said:

hundreds of thousands of players on the server who gave up PvP'ing because of the premades.

dude nearly whole population of finland left !

4 minutes ago, reagan said:

I actually don't PvP because I don't have a max level character to premade or regularly PvP with!

It does not take a PvPer or ranker to recognize that artificially slowing down the process to gain ranks by preventing premades/randomizing the queues isn't a well-founded idea. The process to gain ranks already takes an inordinate amount of time to do due to sheer volume, every ranker plays a numbers game trying to cap their honor each week as is. I fail to see how making it take longer for them to cap their honor gains is somehow helpful to the PvP scene. All this does is make it so that people will be less likely to rank now that it's completely random who they're paired up with and can no longer rely on a cohesive, effective team. The time investment is bad enough, but if I'm gunning for R10-14 and I'm guaranteed to be put in a match with teammates who I can't trust I won't bother.

How can anyone think this is a good system? What is the goal of this change? To change BGs into pugs vs pugs forever? The most fun I've ever had in vanilla wasn't raiding or leveling, the pressure and intense gameplay of premade vs premade made me regain my flame for vanilla.