Sign in to follow this  
jerome

[Poll] Update PvP Gear with ZG release.

PvP gear update with ZG.  

271 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you like to see the PvP gear Updated with the Release of ZG?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2017 at 03:59 PM

With the majority of guilds having completed BWL progression, and a long 6 months ahead of us until AQ40, Elysium players are looking forward to the release of ZG. It's becoming ever more noticeable that with a lack of content as well as PvP incentives that a good portion of players are just raid logging or farming gold, and not interacting in PvP. ZG is a great time to update the PvP rewards for multiple reasons, which I will outline below.

ZG promotes "catching up" to the pack

The great thing that ZG offers to NEW and old players alike is an opportunity to raid on a 3 day lockout and acquire some great dropped and crafted items alike to improve their overall gear in preparation for the war on AQ. Old players returning to raid more than 1-2 nights a week along with new players coming to the server can take advantage of ZG, and the Elysium project could take advantage of this time period to restore the PvP community and offer additional incentives and rewards for PvP participation. With more traffic on the server, it will be the perfect time to get all those people online, excited about PvP and Queuing!

The majority of guilds have cleared the current content without the help of the Updated PvP gear

A common misconception is that the Updated PvP gear are going to make raids trivial, this is completely false. For example, a good player with mediocre gear can easily beat a mediocre player with good gear. A great guild relies on each of its individual players to make them great, because if it wasn't for the players in the first place, they wouldn't be able to acquire the gear to make them stronger. Some people think that PvP gear is a free hand me out when this couldn't be farther from the truth, unless you are playing 12+ hours per day, it will take you close to 2 months (even more for casual pvpers) to even reach Rank 10, let alone Rank 14 (which takes twice the time.) Not only is it an investment of time, PvP promotes a healthy community, requires dedication and forming friendships/alliances, communication and teamwork, all of which are the Essence of the Vanilla Experience.

The Elysium Project at heart relies on capturing this essence to bring fond experiences to its players, and participating in such a great way should be rewarded with actually usable items, which are not available to the majority of classes, and which compete with the current PvE equivalent items.

This will create an influx of content to keep players interested until AQ40

As I touched some on this above, ZG and Updated PvP items will be the perfect combination to keep players busy and interactive while we wait the 6 months for AQ40 to come out. I personally know a dozen players from my guild who are currently raid logging, that would play much more often if this was to happen. Not only does this look good for the server, it promotes the server economy and the community as a whole. It will provide an environment for new players to get excited about joining the server, and current players to engage more. The Project Staff could even make a short "Hype" Trailer, for the ZG release and PvP update, to entice new people to the server, as it will be the perfect time to join.

The AQ40 Token system trivilizes the majority of the PvP gear

With the Token system coming for the Tier 2.5 gear, and being much more forgiving then the T1/T2 sets having to drop for each specific class, nearly all of the blue pvp gear will be obsolete in a few months of AQ40 being released depending on class/spec. Updating the PvP gear that far into the servers progression would be pointless because of this, and I fear the damage would have all ready been done to the PvP community as a whole to warrant revived player interest that far down the road.

Edited by jerome

Would revive pvp for people who dont want to grind for 14 but want to go for 10 for items that are still excellent in pve.

Ranking is either r12+ for meele or your wasting your time for any benefit in Pve. It was like this on nost and its why the pvp community was so amazing for all levels of rankers.

and if you guys say it isnt blizzlike, i dont give a fuck . Neither is 25g capped respecs and that was put in place to "revive pvp"so dont come with that

Edited by Masammeg

do you have any pvp sets? or you are just making theories?

The lvl 58 and lvl 60 rare sets are completely 2 different entities and they shouldn't be "updated". The problem is that your lifetime rank doesn't allow you to buy the gear if you have decayed. But u said enough already to show how incompetent you are 

7 minutes ago, Slacker said:

even more less challenging

ROFL

41 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Will make the content even more less challenging. It should come at patch 1.11 and for the blue set level 60 you are supposed to rank again to purchase it, not get your current level 58 pvp set updated (total different sets, with different names).

All of you're argument was addressed in my post, this whole PvE debate is ludicrous, the token system in AQ40 brings basically free sets that make most of the blue gear obsolete, but you're missing the point. Their are little to no incentives for PvP currently on Elysium and the PvP community is lacking and suffering. Again, read the post, because you clearly didn't.

Edited by jerome

Completely agree.

The #1 reason most people I play with do not want to PVP/Rank is always the same: "The gear isn't worth it, it will be useless by the time it's updated"

Upgrading the gear at ZG and reinstating the 'lifetime rank required to purchase' would for sure put some much needed interest back into BGs

@Slacker,

People have already analyzed the gear differences:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s9CLO31HDTjs2qPAn2FILB1dulLm1kup3G5Ih-Wrorg/edit

The benefits are marginal at best. Please understand the correlation between something worth playing for and something that is not. Playing for gear that isn't shit, but isn't best, may be a good investment for some. Playing 1000 hours for no benefit is dumb.... hence why the PvP community is the way it is.

The point of this change is very little to with actual pve content, its more to do with giving PvE players an incentive to actually PvP if they want to min/max but make it a reasonable / achievable goal for them rather than it being 14 or dont even bother pvping. If your like me, i care alot about my pve gear being optimal and bis, so adding in that rank 10 gear would allow me to pvp because i see the reason to do so.

If you want to make the pvp scene more active, simply make the r10 gear as it was on nost and it would surge a whole new kind of players into the scene, the pver.

Please stop letting whiners influence this server .  Just leave it blizzlike and there are no issues and nothing someone like this can complain about.  This server was setup to bring blizzlike vanilla experience back, not some idealistic version catered to the whiney 1% of the player base.

Cave to whiners once and you will now give them a foot hold to always point back to next time there is something to complain about.

51 minutes ago, yodaman007 said:

Please stop letting whiners influence this server .  Just leave it blizzlike and there are no issues and nothing someone like this can complain about.  This server was setup to bring blizzlike vanilla experience back, not some idealistic version catered to the whiney 1% of the player base.

Cave to whiners once and you will now give them a foot hold to always point back to next time there is something to complain about.

Blizzlike went out the window with the 25g capped respecs, blizzlike is no longer an argument clearly when it comes to "reviving" pvp. Which was why the 25g change was made. 

I hate to be the one to argue that "nost did it" but on nostalrius i never saw a single person once complain that the pvp gear was too strong, most people agreed that the people who put in the time to get the ranks deserved the gear for it. for me i find it a bit silly that i will rank all the way to rank 12 as a warrior and only use the pants and nothing else i've obtained on a very long ranking process. and warriors have the best pvp gear compared to other classes atm. what people need to understand is that the people who rank all the way to 10-14 have put in a lot of hours into the game and would like the rewards to back it up. in molten core the gear would be extremely OP but the thing is that with bwl out for a little while the updated pvp gear is on par with most pieces. the only items that are far better than bwl gear are the rank 14 weapons and those are already on elysium now.

I totally complained that the pvp gear was too strong. It was so strong that my guild required fury to get 2pc set if you wanted to go for contested loot. You guys are the loudest bunch of crybabies I've ever encountered from Nost-Now. The cherry on top is that the very people whining for the gear are the same premade cancer who have ruined BG pvp for the rest of the server.

It's been in the timeline, get rekt.

Haestingas you clearly have 0 clue what you're talking about, Nostalrius updated the pvp gear at ZG because it is, for the most part, in line with pve gear progression and makes the grind worth it. Just because you're shit at the game and get rolled by every premade, doesn't mean that the people who can actually play shouldn't be rewarded for their efforts. (more salt please)

Furthermore, it wasn't in the initial timeline. There was a thread/post by Shenna that has been cited/linked in previous threads about this issue many times stating that Elysium would update the pvp gear 2 weeks after AQ40 release, still too late but at least a compromise. Therefore everyone (myself included) who ranked at launch, essentially wasted their time and ranked under false pretences. If you can't see why this is an issue then please fuck off and let the big boys talk.

There is nothing new I can add in terms of reasons why this should be updated sooner than promised. It would benefit far FAR more people then it could potentially hurt.

Please make this happen for ZG patch.

Thank you :D

It would be a great change, especially if you consider that the Updated PvP gear is absolutely in line with current BWL gear and the ZG gear.

Whats more important is that the PvP gear gets reverted to having a Lifetime requirement.

Most people and especially those which went for Rank 14 probably expected this to be the case when they started ranking, everything that the current situation achieves is that people wont PvP at all because the rewards arent worth it, and the People that are PvPing now or have finished ranking definitely wont rank again for only 1 or 2 items. All we get is that people wont rank at all or will delay their ranking until the update, since right now its not worth it, which means less PvP overall. Meanwhile the rankers that invested months receive a slap in the face.

Having R13 gear upgraded in ZG or AQ + blue gear is VITAL for the pvp off the server. Don't make this server into a meme server by holding pvp upgrades until naxx.
Vanilla is and always has been based on the community, it is time you start reading what people have to say. And not base your ingame decisions on active playing GMs that get salty over losing BGs while pugging or fears to PvP for world bosses.
The premade change on anathema is laughable and down right pathetic, it is a shame that you did no revert it the day after release.
And warning people with bans for logging their lvl 60 alts on opposite faction for world boss PvP, on ELYSIUM PVP server.. Is mind blowing.

By the time players are able to gather AQ loot, upgraded PvP gear for each class is already mostly or completely out of date.

The most appropriate time to update the PvP gear, to have it be relevant, is with the ZG patch. It is far enough past BWL release to be entirely irrelevant for BWL progression, and ZG is a step down in difficulty. Given that AQ loot replaces PvP gear, PvP gear *has* to be updated *before* AQ to have any meaningful use outside of PvP.

Especially with BG queues being nerfed to make ex-ranker premades impossible, there's literally no reward for ranking or having ranked, unless the update is moved significantly up on the timeline.

The best time to do the update is at the same time as ZG. The much worse but still better than nothing option is to release it along with the AQ war effort - so that it would at least have any period of relevance, albeit a short and sad one. But I really hope the Elysium Team recognizes the importance of a 1000++ hour PvP grind not being permanently behind ~20 hours of raiding.

Raiding 10 hours a week (not sure why you'd ever need that long, but just for easy numbers), from server release in MC, til Naxx completion, would still fall short of the amount of time every rank 13 or 14 player spent grinding. Having the gear updated at a time while it'd still be actually relevant should be a relatively easy request to grant.

leave it blizzlike

lets make aq progression even easier by giving all those r14 weapons and gear they were suppose to have AFTER AQ 

no i dont think so