Sign in to follow this  
Nelythia

Make Jazzrik give +5 Bloodsail reputation early

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=9179#wh-comments

Jazzrik - Blacksmithing Supplies NPC in Badlands, does only give +1 reputation towards Bloodsail Buccaneers each kill in vanilla and TBC.
This is changed to +5 reputation each kill in early WotLK.
So instead of requiring 20999 kills in vanilla/tbc, you need 4200 kills in wotlk.

He is the only NPC in the whole game until Cataclysm that gives reputation after achieving revered with Bloodsail Buccaneers.
Exalted is not possible without saving the Bloodsail quests you get from Neutral & Friendly too.

Only TBC has been confirmed for Anathema, and lets not lie to ourself, it will be TBC for Darrowshire and Elysium as well.
No one knows if these servers however proceed towards wotlk and beyond.

As such, my suggestion, to prevent longer time disabling of Jazzrik who is the only vendor for alliance in Badlands by killing him 20999 times, give us a +5 rep reward each kill so it only has to be done 4200 times.

Which would change the time needed to reach 20999/21000 also from ~75 days (5 min respawn timer after each kill currently) to only 20-30 days.

No matter how the elysium staff decides, I'll grind it to exalted. Because I am that bored and dedicated to complete this game.

I just feel bad for leveling alliance in Badlands as I am disabling their only vendor in the whole zone. I apologize, but I have to.

I also planing to farm that so kinda that is up to 215 days

Maybe you could change it to say 25 rep per kill like it is with Timbermaw Hold It would still take a load of time to do it but that would also enable more ppl to accomplish it or maybe even better if u could enable some other npc that is not an quest giver / vendor to give the rep instead.

I think it's fair to say this is a quality of life change that anyone should be able to get behind, alliance, horde or purist

It may be meaningless for a lot of players, however there are players, like me and Rakesh, who are trying to "finish" this game, kinda.
This includes pushing all reputations to as high as they are possible to be pushed. It is just another style of gameplay. PvE/PvP/What we do.

There are probably dozens of other playstyles that don't focus on PvP/PvE only or go as far as trying to finish the whole game (for now).

I personally really do not see any issue with buffing it, in fact it actually benefits everyone that does it. Due to the high population and the amount of time it currently takes for only one person... you will never have this NPC free again and while you can push it in groups and share the reputation, it does not work cross faction.

It probably shouldn't be as high as +25 each kill as this would push down from 75 days raw played time to roughly 3 days.
Increasing it to 5 or even 10 should be fine and not a big deal, honestly.

It can honestly be justified the same way as limiting BG premade caps, lowering respec costs to 25g maximum, making NPC's, quest objects, herbs/ores etc on dynamic respawn timers.
And many many other changes that are ""not blizzlike""

It would certainly be different than it was on retail vanilla, but so is respec cost and the other things I just mentioned.

Hence why I bring up the term "quality of life". It's not a change the changes the game for people who want the vanilla experience, it just takes some of the inconvenience/poorly thought out ideas by blizz in 2006 and builds on it, refining some of the shortcomings of the designs at the time.

10 minutes ago, Zondac said:

Which is exactly why it's not a particularly damaging change either.

Why make the game easier for the extremely few players who want this, and bother a developer who could be fixing actual bugs.

Cause while I don't want to make the job they're doing seem easy, changing an integer from 1 to 5 is easy enough to be worth it for the people who ever want to have a vendor available for the alliance in the badlands

This is a fair point, and as I said on the github commit that was actually made within 5 or 10 minutes by guybrush it is definitely not anywhere high on their priority list and I know & understand that.

It would just be appreciated if they could think about this change, as it's neither damaging nor that time consuming to implement.

I am not a dev, so I can't exactly tell if it really only took 5 or 10 minutes, but after Guybrush saw my suggestion in the Discord chat he made this commit and replied in the chat 5 or 10 minutes later.

I don't understand this mentality. The reason you want this reputation is because you're both a completionist and to prove how hard you worked in this game. But at the same time you ask to make it easier, which reduces the meaning of doing it in the first place. 

Enjoy the 'vanilla experience'. Don't try and shortcut something because you feel it's too difficult - expecially when the whole reason you want to do it is because it's a hardcore grind!

51 minutes ago, Silverlan said:

I don't understand this mentality. The reason you want this reputation is because you're both a completionist and to prove how hard you worked in this game. But at the same time you ask to make it easier, which reduces the meaning of doing it in the first place. 

Enjoy the 'vanilla experience'. Don't try and shortcut something because you feel it's too difficult - expecially when the whole reason you want to do it is because it's a hardcore grind!

They want to make alliance lives easier by not spawn camping the only badlands vendor extensively.

Honestly, to some extent I'm starting to think a better change would be to discourage the rep farm, cause by making it easier more people may find it viable to bother to do the rep farm, resulting in the npc being dead even more. I'm more on the neutral side of things now. The only change I think I'd find better would be decreasing his respawn timer to once a minute, which would have the same effect as making his rep to +5 instead, but instead making it a terrible grind for the people who want to do it and leaving more windows of opportunity for alliances who want to vendor stuff

5 hours ago, Zondac said:

Honestly, to some extent I'm starting to think a better change would be to discourage the rep farm, cause by making it easier more people may find it viable to bother to do the rep farm

tbh nobody would want to do this grind either way since there's no reward, and even if the NPC gives 5 rep it will still take like 20-30 days of /played in game time where you're doing literally nothing but kill the mob.

I think +5 is not enough. I am a completionist myself and I don't have as much time as I'd need for this. Please make it +1000 rep.. There are only upsides to this and it's just a 5 minute change in the code

This was discussed but denied. Apologies!

If you have anymore questions or want more information please contact me on Discord :)

Regards,

Ash.