Sign in to follow this  
ThaDrifter

Which realm?

I'm just wondering which realm would be the best to roll on? Being a pvp or pve realm doesn't matter to me, nor does the population size. Since I'm new I'd just like to start wherever all the other newcomers are starting at. I assume the Elysium realm would be the best option but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask before getting started.

Elysums high pop is good, but it is tough to hit mining nodes when others are taking them.

I'd pick Elysium any day! The higher pop obviously has its downsides like mentioned above, but it makes finding groups for dungeons and quests at lower levels a breeze.

Go to Anathema. Go to where you needed most. Avoiding it doesn't help and actually makes our situation worse.

18 hours ago, ThaDrifter said:

I'm just wondering which realm would be the best to roll on? Being a pvp or pve realm doesn't matter to me, nor does the population size. Since I'm new I'd just like to start wherever all the other newcomers are starting at. I assume the Elysium realm would be the best option but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask before getting started.

I've been playing for just over 2 months now.

I rolled on Darrowshire since I'm a very casual player and don't want to worry about any PvP issues. Having the low population is also a plus as it doesn't get laggy or crash due to the server being overloaded and I've never had to wait for respawns because an area was farmed out. (I did have to wait once... and only once... to turn in a quest, but that was because someone killed the NPC.)

If you're really not sure, start a character on all 3 and see which one you like the best after grinding away for a few days.