Sign in to follow this  
alberte

how do i calculate my +hit needed from gear?

Hello Elysium rogues.

im very confused about what to believe and what not to.. every rogue i have talked to say something different.

i know the standard answer is +9.

but is that besides the +5 from precision and +3 from 305 weapon skill? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GTvFx_mjz8(3:30))

does 305 weapon skill indeed give a bonus of +3 hit? 

and if answer is yes, i count +8 hit from talent tree, does that mean i only need to find +1 hit from gear to be yellow hit capped?

i really hope to get some feedback on this, caus ive really run into an dead end.

Alberte, Peace!.

thanks for the reply hummi.

reason why i was so confused is because if i look at "bis gear" tables, they all show many +hit items, so i dont understand it if all i need is +1(2) hit from gear.

i mean, hit is always good, but after yellow cap, crit should be better than hit, as long as you dont get over your crit cap. right?

Edited by alberte

If you are reaching your critcap which currently is the case for some rogues on elysium , you want to focus more so your white hits can do more.

+9% is for single wielding and for skills use (yellow damage hits).  If you're Dual Wielding, going beyond +9% will improve your hit chances with both main hand and off-hand auto attacks, which are both penalized by Dual Wielding.