Toby

GMs Not Banning Gold Sellers

I've just been noticing that after I take a pic of some lvl 10 night elf warrior (dunno why this is their preference) sending gold spam mail and after uploading the pic and linking it in a ticket, I am then greeted by a GM who says "we will investigate".  Hours later the gold seller's SAME character is still online sending me more mail.

What is to investigate?  The proof was submitted and that character and account(s) should be banned right?

The gold seller accounts get collected up and looked at en masse rather than one by one as reported. They do get removed in time.

Fair enough.  But Kaylassawer (lvl 10 Nelf Warr) has been standing at the Dun Morogh mailbox all day.  I reported this player with photo proof around 10:00am EST and its now 7:35 and that character is still idling by the mail box, botting gold spam.

Would it be ok to at least disable that character or something to that effect?

Just get an addon. I don't see this crap in chat anymore and totally forgot they exist. I get a mail every now and then but nothing chat wise.

4 hours ago, Lothus said:

Fair enough.  But Kaylassawer (lvl 10 Nelf Warr) has been standing at the Dun Morogh mailbox all day.  I reported this player with photo proof around 10:00am EST and its now 7:35 and that character is still idling by the mail box, botting gold spam.

Would it be ok to at least disable that character or something to that effect?

We wont go into detail on how we deal with gold spammers - but the answer is not banning them. They are unable to send mail or chat once they've been reported and a GM has investigated - or if our antispam has caught them.

13 hours ago, Rain said:

We wont go into detail on how we deal with gold spammers - but the answer is not banning them. They are unable to send mail or chat once they've been reported and a GM has investigated - or if our antispam has caught them.

Rain's right... if you just ban them, they will just come back with another account. If you squelch them but make them believe they are still operational, they will stand there forever doing... nothing, because all their spam is stopped by the server.

I tried open an in-game ticket with screenshot off gold seller (=mail spammer).

Which header is it?

Stuck, behavior, guild etc. -Which one of all of these is for gold sellers?

This same person has been trying to sell gold since i joined this server 2 weeks ago.

I really want them to stop, cause I cant push no button to ignore them.

Behavior. One of the issues with a free service with open registration like we have here is that you cannot ban them fast enough.

They just create another account and do it again. We have other methods of dealing with them that despite what some may think are making a difference.

Honestly, I've experienced a very low amount of "gold spam" emails since starting back on this server about a month or so ago.  Literally 4 or so in-game mail in the span of one month.  That's very acceptable to me, but I can understand why it would concern some folks.