Sign in to follow this  
Jacobime

Double XP and player base

I've been playing on Elysium for a few months now after playing for a while on the big shutdown and I'm really enjoying it.  I have a small group of friends who are also playing and we all are enjoying the original experience.  As someone who has been subbed to WoW since the very beginning and am currently raiding in BFA I really like the ability to come back and play the original game with all it's struggles and grinds.  I have many other friends who really like the idea of playing vanilla again, and often join our Discord to listen in while they are playing other games, but have no intention of playing on the server because of the grind.  Most of us game often, usually daily, but are still casual in the sense that we won't spend 8h a day just grinding levels.  We might play a few games a night for a few hours, depending on what everyone else is playing. Just last night while 3 of use were playing on Elysium one friend said he would like to play with us, but just couldn't do the vanilla grind again, "When would I get to 60 so I could start having fun?" was his question to us. The double XP weekend was intriguing but not enough to pull him in.  We have several friends like this and I'm assuming anyone reading this does too.

My suggestion is this: Make double XP permanent.  Maybe make it happen on every weekend, or make it something you can toggle, or make it something you can pay for the option to turn on/off. I feel like if the time to 60 was cut in half our group of 3 players would double and that's really what we need on this server...more players.  My personal suggestion is pay to toggle per character. It would give you the option to either play the game as intended, or sped up so you can join friends. I think most of us would play through with a main, but toggle for an alt (those of us currently enjoying playing).  It would give $ to the servers to help cover expenses and give a bump to the server population that is needed. 

Looking to hear the communities thoughts. 

I believe the Double XP is not for this server.

The whole point of the server is to be as close to Vanilla as possible. Did Vanilla had Double XP? No.

No I don't like this suggestion. Check out the character auctions if you want to skip the leveling. I'm also pretty sure that turning xp rates for a single char is not an option in the game, simply a limitation of the engine.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:37 PM, Jacobime said:

make it something you can pay for the option to turn on/off.

We had this here and most people did not want it and it was removed.

10 hours ago, SammyTheSalmon said:

No I don't like this suggestion. Check out the character auctions if you want to skip the leveling. I'm also pretty sure that turning xp rates for a single char is not an option in the game, simply a limitation of the engine.

It's been awhile since I played but Im pretty sure in my Garrison on one of the expansions I had a vendor that sold something to let me get double xp. Dont know if that would work here. And didnt the Anniversary stuff in later years have xp boosts?

Edit:  found it. Not 2x but Im sure it could be made to give whatever amount  https://www.wowhead.com/item=120182/excess-potion-of-accelerated-learning

Edited by thecrazyscot

On 11/5/2018 at 8:13 PM, thecrazyscot said:

It's been awhile since I played but Im pretty sure in my Garrison on one of the expansions I had a vendor that sold something to let me get double xp. Dont know if that would work here. And didnt the Anniversary stuff in later years have xp boosts?

Edit:  found it. Not 2x but Im sure it could be made to give whatever amount  https://www.wowhead.com/item=120182/excess-potion-of-accelerated-learning

On one of the expansions ? Well how about the 1.12.1 client ? I know xp can be modified to stop completely on a char (twinks insignia), but I havent seen xp rates modified for a single char on the vanilla client. Anyway, even if it's possible, I would most likely be sad to see it happen. 

the grind aint half that bad tho. If u level together its pretty fun. More fun then most people think it is. Its les of a struggle now then at launch where there was a lot of ganking. If your friends dont want the grind they can always get a char of shop. Most aint that expensive at the moment. The less gear te more things to do.

Enjoy classic (VANILLA) wow ,all the aspects of it grind, ganking, pve, pvp, raiding and world chat.

If you don't have time play less none will judge you if it takes you 1 month to 60.

If you don't want to level again and you are bored of doing it after leaving your last server then don't cos you will be bored after 60 and leave this one 2.

If you want fun and rewards fast with minimum effort there is a company called blizzard that hosts such a mutation of wow.

And don't forget playing with friends makes the game 100% better

4 hours ago, arso96 said:

Hi,

The car physics, sun, graphic seems better than PUBG.

I like how it give us car icon on minimap when driving a car.

But, like PUBG in EA, this game looks stutter.

Bluehole need to step up their game to give no room for other games.

Arso

Wrong forum mate, like completely. Or is this PUBG bot trying to spread the word since PUBG is dying? 😂

On Topic:

There is double XP available on the Elysium Market, starting at 30coims (approx £3.99GBP). I have used it on my twink to get to level 19 as I am saving "the grind" for retail once it comes out. I don't think server needs to introduce anything other than this. The rates should stay as is, and double XP via the Elysium Market is more than fine (and affordable imho).

On 11/9/2018 at 2:01 PM, Flannel said:

the grind aint half that bad tho. If u level together its pretty fun. More fun then most people think it is. Its les of a struggle now then at launch where there was a lot of ganking. If your friends dont want the grind they can always get a char of shop. Most aint that expensive at the moment. The less gear te more things to do.

I disagree, the prices should be adjusted.