abuskiewicz

Less price of coins will increase income

For good future of the server, i propose to make actual price  of the coins divided by 2 .

It will increase the total income, and let the people use it.
Ex. 40 lvl warior shoul'd cost 1/4 of minamial month salary for young's.

Coins are to expensive for normal player who want to play and dont pay to blizz.

Best regards
Me

Edited by abuskiewicz

I agree. The current value of coins is higher than what you can potentially get from account sellers outside of Elysium Project (not advised due to scams).

The prices are set in such a way that it benefits the seller and Elysium project. If prices are too low, there is no incentive for people to trade for coins to enable benefits to their Elysium characters.

Buying outside of our system is a really great way to get your account closed. The goal is not to beat them in price, but to beat them in convenience and no risk.

Why risk all the time and effort into your account(s) from either a scam, a ban or hacking when you have a fast and easy alternative?

It's just about it more expensive (anything) than orginal WoW, i can even spend 50 Eur on smth, but not for that low amount of gold. Your choice, but lots of game (look star conflict) use coins to get money. But its available for standard , not rich player. On that currency i cannot buy coins. Thats all.

Sory if post is problematic.
Just sharing my feelings to improve.

I believe that there is something wrong with prices. At my opinion prices on gold should match to prices for characters, in the sense of time needed to get coins by farming gold or by levelling character. I'm not sure that it is so, it is just my common sense suggest so, but I can make a prediction, that supply for gold on your market would overcome demand for it, and the only reason why prices for gold in coins will not fall into negative values would be artificial constraints of web-interface, which do not allow to sell gold cheaper than 1 coin for 1g.

Though I probably can rationalize my common sense. Prices on character market can be used as indicator for cost of 1hr of playing not for fun but for others pleasure. Gold market is the other way to sell playing time, and if it's prices for 1hr of playing do not match to character market's, than people seeking ways to trade their play time for coins would choose the easiest way, the more profitable for them. If gold market is more profitable (seems to me it is), then coin-farmers will burst supply to a high level, and then only the most successful farmers would be able to change gold for coins. You can see it starting already: one character offers 10-20 lots for 10g, 10-20 for 20, some for 30, for 100, for 1000g... If we assume that buyer will choose seller by random (with uniform distribution of probabilities over all lots with given value of gold) then seller who have just one lot would have almost no chances. In reality it is not a uniform distribution: sorting order will screw this distribution. I cannot understand how the lots are sorted, but it would be figured out in time. Figured out and exploited to maximize probability of selling something. So the whole gold market would be monopolized by small number of sellers, who had made research into the system, know how it works and how to exploit it, and then... I don't know what would be the next. It is up to you.

The only way to equilibrium of supply and demand is to free prices, they'd drop low in this case. Low enough to encourage buying and discourage farming. I didn't take a look at character market -- does it have some restrictions on prices? If no, than it could be used to predict the point of equilibrium, if some restrictions apply, it might be not. Though I'm not sure that free prices is a good idea. All I want to communicate to you is my predictions for a future of gold selling. I hope I'm not completely wrong and I hope that it could be useful for your process of decision making. You can wait and see my prediction coming true (or false, who knows), and only then start to think what to do with them, or you can start to think right now: what you'd do if my prediction will come true? Maybe you can do it right now?

I thought a little further and realized that I don't know what one can do with enormous amounts of coins. Is there is a way to sell them for $$$ cheaper than you do? The idea is: if one can find applications for any amount of coins, than all I said before would come true. If there is no way to use more than say 1k coins, than it possibly wouldn't come true.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:20 PM, Zancon said:

Why risk all the time and effort into your account(s) from either a scam, a ban or hacking when you have a fast and easy alternative?

It is about perception. I can risk my account to get some gold, or get gold without a risk. The difference is in the real money. How much I value my account, if measured with real money? How big the risks as perceived by me? If you find answers to this questions than you can use formulas of game theory to compare costs of different ways to get money. Note: for different people costs would be different, because everyone makes decision by himself, and there are no analysts which can calculate this for me and to explain me why the one of ways to get gold is cheaper than the other.

Why risk all the time and effort into your account(s) by using speedhack on WSG? Just to get some reputation and honor? But I saw it with my own eyes in the brackets 10-19 and 20-29. It means that perceived risks are low enough, not higher than the reward for winning. For this doesn't happen one needs either make it easier to win, or raise perceived risks. Theoretically speaking one can lower rewards also, but it wouldn't work, because rewards are not just reputation and honor, but also a warm feeling of the winning, one cannot get rid of this and he shouldn't.

Edited by creizer

On 11/7/2018 at 8:20 PM, Zancon said:

The prices are set in such a way that it benefits the seller and Elysium project. If prices are too low, there is no incentive for people to trade for coins to enable benefits to their Elysium characters.

Buying outside of our system is a really great way to get your account closed. The goal is not to beat them in price, but to beat them in convenience and no risk.

Why not reduce prices for pre 60 characters as well? A level 46 is 690 minimum price for auction, about 100-200 coins higher than it should be. The calculation should be:

level x 10rate as minimum price to bring it in line of gold price.

Infact I should be able to sell my character for 100 coins if I wanted to. It would hurt the seller not anyone else. You can see the amount of characters in the AH now just lingering around due to prices being too high. It's not well balanced for gold/level.

750 coins = £75GBP = level 46 minimum price, infact you are pushing people away from the store due to expensive prices. It does not help the server.

Thos is a great discussion and feedback. We have been discussing many of the items you have brought up here. To the gold to coins sales I am unaware of any other projects that do this so were feeling it out for now before we make changes to see where things settle. 

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Zancon said:

Thos is a great discussion and feedback. We have been discussing many of the items you have brought up here. To the gold to coins sales I am unaware of any other projects that do this so were feeling it out for now before we make changes to see where things settle. 

Thank you!

It's relatively new system, I guess more testing and observation how the market behaves is probably recommended to see what the ideal ratios would be. Certainly something that should be looked at by the team. No system is perfect the first of its iteration. As more people start to use it (compared to a week ago it's being used a lot, lot more) you get a better idea.