Sign in to follow this  
cubist

gold spammers

its insessant , damn it, anything to be done?
Stormrage

Edited by cubist

At least they can limit level from which char can speak, for example level 5 or 10. It will dramatically decrease quantity of spammers.

Please put them on ignore until we find a solution to their new spam tactics.

Already did. If it's convenient for staff, can help as semi-moderator and ban these people, with adding all required attendant information for further investigation. Screenshots, text, etc.

Problem with banning them is they bot mass create 1,000 more accounts instantly. That's why we prefer to try and filter them but they just change the spam. If we make the filter too invasive then it bans real users. It's a catch22 but I do appreciate your willingness to help out.

I think the primary thing to do then is make it so you need to be at least level 10 before you can whisper. and level 20 before you can send channel invites.

Today's spammers were 38, 51, etc. I already visited their website and made some actions to possibly stop their online payment processing services. Not sure it'll work however, money is money.:)

I agree with this, it's ridiculous.  4-5 times a minute on average for whispers and sometimes I get gnarly batches of channel invites.  I /ignore each one, but it's getting to be too much.  I think there was a macro back then that somebody wrote that could automatically /ignore the last person to whisper you or send you invites.  If I find it, I'll post here.  

For whispers you can right click their name and report spam, this reports them as well as ignores them without taking up space on your ignore list. Then you just have to /ignore the ones inviting you.

This addon can help you filter as well. You can use in game commands to add additional words to the filter. https://legacy-wow.com/tbc-addons/SPAMFilter/

17 hours ago, Zancon said:

For whispers you can right click their name and report spam, this reports them as well as ignores them without taking up space on your ignore list. Then you just have to /ignore the ones inviting you.

This addon can help you filter as well. You can use in game commands to add additional words to the filter. https://legacy-wow.com/tbc-addons/SPAMFilter/

Alternatively, I used BadBoy for 2 days, which is automated and have had 0 issues with spammers now.  Here's the link to a 2.4.3 version of the mod on curseforge: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bad-boy/files/all?filter-game-version=2020709689%3A41

and here's a screenshot showing how it looks in chat when a spammer sends a message (I don't even see the message, it intercepts before it is displayed):

coag.jpg

Edited by bush5150

Today I started getting yellow warnings on my 14 shaman - "you cannot whisp until level 15", etc. These messages were only appeared when I looted killed mob.

By turning off 'Recount' addon I stopped getting these messages. I tried to whisper 'gold spammers', but haven't got a single reply. Levels of these people were from 20 to 60.