Sign in to follow this  
Suzerain

Change Your Password! Frequent Hacks Occurring — Info Inside

Another private server (we have suspicions as to which, but nothing concrete) has had their password database leaked or sold. What this means, is that if you used a password on that server and also use it on Elysium, your account WILL BE COMPROMISED. Today, several players had their accounts compromised because they used the same info on Elysium as they used on other servers. The only way to assure your safety is to change your password IMMEDIATELY. Please use a 100% unique password on our server.

Rest assured that our database has not been touched and is completely safe and encrypted. These attacks have only occurred because the victims used the same login/password on multiple servers. The individuals who got into the player's accounts have been found and everything he stole has been frozen. We will continue to combat such things in any way we can, but there is no way we can combat players leaving their accounts insecure!

tl;dr - Use a unique password or you might lose everything!

Keep Vigilant,

Elysium Staff

People, look at the date before freaking out. This was over 2 months ago! Don't post freaking out on something that is this old. 

then you have some typo in it.

".account password" is clear text. not your actual password

example: your password is 1234 and you want to change it to 5678 it will be:

".account password 1234 5678 5678"

Edited by Wirago

then you have some typo in it.

".account password" is clear text. not your actual password

example: your password is 1234 and you want to change it to 5678 it will be:

".account password 1234 5678 5678"

Doesnt work for me.

Edited by plutonwow

When I try to do that, it just brings up:

49c94c6972.png

Same. This command doesn't work for me. Tried it over and over so it's not a typo problem.

When I type just .account, it tells me my account is level 0. Could that have anything to do with not being able to change the PW ?

Edited by Scambug

Go to account control panel and say you forgot your password. This thread is a necro from October, by the way.