Sign in to follow this  
Mitycircin

[GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants(Updated to Patch 1.8)

When you are world buffed (song flower, heart, head) using mongoose, elemental stones, your crit will be high enough to justify use of using that ring, having 12-14 hit will help your dps.  The moment you lose song flower and head buff, you should swap that ring out for quick strike.

9 hours ago, Undertanker said:

When you are world buffed (song flower, heart, head) using mongoose, elemental stones, your crit will be high enough to justify use of using that ring, having 12-14 hit will help your dps.  The moment you lose song flower and head buff, you should swap that ring out for quick strike.

Most guilds dont really have the luxury to have a band of accuria as a "swap-ring" though, which is why I maintain my position that only a moronic loot council would award a band of accuria to a fury warrior.

Band of Accuria for tanks. Period.

On 3/1/2017 at 6:50 AM, Undertanker said:

Wrong.

You can't crit what you can't hit.

Tauren warrior, here - Zeth,kur (pre AV) - currently have Ironfoe, Deathbringer, Flurry Axe, Mirah's Song - what combination would be my best bet, damage-wise? Currently don't have Edgemasters (original theory was I didn't really need them if I was MH'ing IF). 

1 hour ago, Jonhamstring said:

Tauren warrior, here - Zeth,kur (pre AV) - currently have Ironfoe, Deathbringer, Flurry Axe, Mirah's Song - what combination would be my best bet, damage-wise? Currently don't have Edgemasters (original theory was I didn't really need them if I was MH'ing IF). 

Ironfoe+DB probably, or Ironfoe+Mirah's Song. If you wanna know for sure, check Omakaronis reworked spreadsheet:

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/47501-spreadsheet-warrior-aq-bis-and-wep-skill/

Ironfoe is stat dependent so use the sword as your OH until you get Felstriker if possible.

Swap to  Deathbringer main hand once you get Edge masters and pair with Crul.

Run double Deathbringer or Vis'Kag + Maeldeath with Edge masters if Crul has a long line for horde.   Alli Crul line is shorter.

Human fury warrior on Elysium PVP. Got Vis'kag with Mira's and Edgemaster's. Is Felstriker worth the farm? Come BWL, what would be my weapon upgrade? Vis'kag MH and Crul OH? Should I bother with Maladath if I have Edgemaster's? As you said, Ally line for Crul would be shorter.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Totally forgot about Brutality Blade. I guess that would be my next OH upgrade since it gets added to MC loot table in AV patch, I
believe?

16 minutes ago, nemex said:

Human fury warrior on Elysium PVP. Got Vis'kag with Mira's and Edgemaster's. Is Felstriker worth the farm? Come BWL, what would be my weapon upgrade? Vis'kag MH and Crul OH? Should I bother with Maladath if I have Edgemaster's? As you said, Ally line for Crul would be shorter.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Totally forgot about Brutality Blade. I guess that would be my next OH upgrade since it gets added to MC loot table in AV patch, I
believe?

Felstriker is garbage. Totaly not worth the farm. Here's roughly how I'd rank them for a human.

With Edgemasters:

1. Viskag+CTS

2. Viskag+Crul

3. Viskag+Brut

4. Viskag+Maladath.

Without Edgemasters:

1. Viskag+Maladath

2. Viskag+CTS

3. Viskag+Crul

4. Viskag+Brut

11 minutes ago, Storfan said:

Felstriker is garbage. Totaly not worth the farm. Here's roughly how I'd rank them for a human.

With Edgemasters:

1. Viskag+CTS

2. Viskag+Crul

3. Viskag+Brut

4. Viskag+Maladath.

Without Edgemasters:

1. Viskag+Maladath

2. Viskag+CTS

3. Viskag+Crul

4. Viskag+Brut

Thanks, this is very helpful.

On 6/12/2017 at 6:14 AM, Storfan said:

With Edgemasters:

1. Viskag+CTS

2. Viskag+Crul

3. Viskag+Brut

4. Viskag+Maladath.

Without Edgemasters:

1. Viskag+Maladath

2. Viskag+CTS

3. Viskag+Crul

4. Viskag+Brut

Interesting. Tauren Warrior, again. Once the AV patch hits, Vis'kag & Deathbringer get significantly better. I have a Deathbringer and Ironfoe, currently using Ironfoe/Mirah's as previously suggested by another in this thread. I'm still not sold on what my current "end all be all best in slot" weapon combination is. I'm assuming, again once AV patch hits, I should swap Deathbringer to my MH with Mirah's (or Heartseeker?) in the OH until I'm able to get my hands on a newly buffed Vis'kag+Brutality Blade? Thinking about buying Edgemasters as I had been using Ironfoe in the MH so long.

Haven't been able to find a definitive "this is BIS pre-BWL" for a fury warrior list yet, haha.

edit: I've also been farming Felstriker to OH with Ironfoe :(

Interesting. Tauren Warrior, again. Once the AV patch hits, Vis'kag & Deathbringer get significantly better. I have a Deathbringer and Ironfoe, currently using Ironfoe/Mirah's as previously suggested by another in this thread. I'm still not sold on what my current "end all be all best in slot" weapon combination is. I'm assuming, again once AV patch hits, I should swap Deathbringer to my MH with Mirah's (or Heartseeker?) in the OH until I'm able to get my hands on a newly buffed Vis'kag+Brutality Blade? Thinking about buying Edgemasters as I had been using Ironfoe in the MH so long.

Haven't been able to find a definitive "this is BIS pre-BWL" for a fury warrior list yet, haha.

edit: I've also been farming Felstriker to OH with Ironfoe :(

The general rule of thumb is dont put weapons with a proc in OH because proc-rate (not chance) is significantly lower in OH. Another thing is Ironfoe will outperform most pre-BWL weapons for non-weapon-skilled classes. The only weapon I'd use over Ironfoe as a tauren is the buffed Viskag (The proc is VERY good) or GM/HWL weapons. I would not use DB (even the buffed version) over Ironfoe as a Tauren, as an Orc I would though. Another thing, Core hound tooth is a very solid OH choice for a tauren when they add it. Ditch the whole idea about heartseeker and felstriker, neither is worth the bother, really they arent.

tldr: Ironfoe+what ever, or disregard everything above and get a BRE or Sulfuras both of which are pretty damn solid choices for horde especially. 

15 minutes ago, Storfan said:

The general rule of thumb is dont put weapons with a proc in OH because proc-rate (not chance) is significantly lower in OH. Another thing is Ironfoe will outperform most pre-BWL weapons for non-weapon-skilled classes. The only weapon I'd use over Ironfoe as a tauren is the buffed Viskag (The proc is VERY good) or GM/HWL weapons. I would not use DB (even the buffed version) over Ironfoe as a Tauren, as an Orc I would though. Another thing, Core hound tooth is a very solid OH choice for a tauren when they add it. Ditch the whole idea about heartseeker and felstriker, neither is worth the bother, really they arent.

tldr: Ironfoe+what ever, or disregard everything above and get a BRE or Sulfuras both of which are pretty damn solid choices for horde especially. 

Say I land a BRE/Spinal - do I need/should I use Edgemaster's? When BWL inevitably releases, I'm sure I'm going to need a pair anyhow.

11 minutes ago, Jonhamstring said:

Say I land a BRE/Spinal - do I need/should I use Edgemaster's? When BWL inevitably releases, I'm sure I'm going to need a pair anyhow.

Edgemasters only provide weapon skill for 1h weapons. Spinal reaper is not a viable 2h-fury option in the long term, only BRE, Sulfuras or Askhandi. If you truly wish to compete for top1 DPS you will need Edgemasters and go dualwield but then again, if you truly wanted to compete you should've gone Orc. I Raid BWL/AQ40 as 2h-fury switching between Sulfuras/Ashkandi, on some fights I do compete for top 5 slots of dps but most of the time I dont really.

EDIT: BRE will allow you to compete for top1 though. It is rediculously powerful.

22 minutes ago, Storfan said:

Edgemasters only provide weapon skill for 1h weapons. Spinal reaper is not a viable 2h-fury option in the long term, only BRE, Sulfuras or Askhandi. If you truly wish to compete for top1 DPS you will need Edgemasters and go dualwield but then again, if you truly wanted to compete you should've gone Orc. I Raid BWL/AQ40 as 2h-fury switching between Sulfuras/Ashkandi, on some fights I do compete for top 5 slots of dps but most of the time I dont really.

EDIT: BRE will allow you to compete for top1 though. It is rediculously powerful.

Appreciate the input. Yeah, wish I'd have run Orc. The 2h route sounds promising. Wouldn't have to compete with the orcs for axes or rogues for swords, I suppose. Now, to find a pre-BWL BiS list that accommodates BRE/Sulf. xD

Appreciate the input. Yeah, wish I'd have run Orc. The 2h route sounds promising. Wouldn't have to compete with the orcs for axes or rogues for swords, I suppose. Now, to find a pre-BWL BiS list that accommodates BRE/Sulf. xD

The list would be the same with the only difference that white hit cap is 9% for 2h meaning anything above 9% will give you nothing at all. Also you dont need to fight rogues/dw-furies for DFT.

20 hours ago, Storfan said:

The list would be the same with the only difference that white hit cap is 9% for 2h meaning anything above 9% will give you nothing at all. Also you dont need to fight rogues/dw-furies for DFT.

But shouldn't the BiS list contain items like Brigam Girdle and Windreaver Greaves? The list contains AV patch items, but not those, which I assume are to be included at least for dual-wield fury. The added hit to those items should catapult them up the list. Every list I've seen personally has variance between 3 items in each slot. Example: Cadaverous Armor, Orge Forged Hauberk, and Deathdealer Breastplate - all tiered differently on various "best in slot" lists. Even with the AQ-updated spreadsheet, I'm finding it difficult to pin-point a finite final set.

Edited by Jonhamstring

But shouldn't the BiS list contain items like Brigam Girdle and Windreaver Greaves? The list contains AV patch items, but not those, which I assume are to be included at least for dual-wield fury. The added hit to those items should catapult them up the list. Every list I've seen personally has variance between 3 items in each slot. Example: Cadaverous Armor, Orge Forged Hauberk, and Deathdealer Breastplate - all tiered differently on various "best in slot" lists. Even with the AQ-updated spreadsheet, I'm finding it difficult to pin-point a finite final set.

Neither Brigam Girdle nor Windreaver Greaves had +hit on them prior to patch 1.9-ish. They where both changed somewhere after AQ was released but before Naxx was released. Thus they dont fit into the list as they are not even viable on Anathema (Original Nost).

10 hours ago, Storfan said:

Neither Brigam Girdle nor Windreaver Greaves had +hit on them prior to patch 1.9-ish. They where both changed somewhere after AQ was released but before Naxx was released. Thus they dont fit into the list as they are not even viable on Anathema (Original Nost).

Wait, really? Damn. The people I've been getting my info from on Z'K have been faaaarrrrr off then. Ok, so I'm assuming you endorse the list on the previous post? Battlechasers over Dread Wolf... Ogre Forged over Cadaverous... Ironfoe/Thrash Blade? 

You'll have to forgive my noobness, but is this list still up-to-date as of the recent AV patch on Ely?

Edit: Also, if I don't have the gold for Lionheart or Edgemaster's is using Expert Goldminer's Helm worth? (Orc)

1 hour ago, rkr87 said:

You'll have to forgive my noobness, but is this list still up-to-date as of the recent AV patch on Ely?

Edit: Also, if I don't have the gold for Lionheart or Edgemaster's is using Expert Goldminer's Helm worth? (Orc)

This list is ahead of Elysium, since this is made for Anathema's patch 1.8, while Elysium is on patch 1.5. The items on this list that are not on Elysium (as far as I know) are: 

Abyssal leather/mail/plate items 

Sunken Temple class quest items (Diamond Flask/Razorsteel Shoulders)

AB rewards (Defiler's Plate Girdle/Deathguard Cloak) (Not 100% sure about this)

AV exalted items (Unstoppable Force/Lobotimizer) (Not 100% sure about this)

Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom

Ice Barbed Spear (the quest for this came out in patch 1.6 on Darrowshire so I assume it's going to be the same here)

Ranked PvP armor set (These exist but they're not the same versions as on Anathema, for example Elysium is using Champion's Plate Headguard instead of Champion's Plate Helm. These are A LOT worse than the updated versions for PvE content and are not worth getting on Elysium in my opinion, they're only good for PvP.)

Everything else on the list should be available

4 hours ago, Ram said:

Have you considered the kazzak mace and aq trash mace combo?

This is a pre-raid-bis list.

So general question on the crit cap. Base hit table, its 40% glancing blows correct?

As a human with 2 swords and no edgemasters, how does this affect that 40%?

What if I were human and did include edgemasters? 

Ultimately, I'm trying to maximize AP / Crit Cap, and I guess I need to know how the weapon skill will affect these. 

9 hours ago, Camhonorface said:

So general question on the crit cap. Base hit table, its 40% glancing blows correct?

As a human with 2 swords and no edgemasters, how does this affect that 40%?

What if I were human and did include edgemasters? 

Ultimately, I'm trying to maximize AP / Crit Cap, and I guess I need to know how the weapon skill will affect these. 

They have no effect on each other, atleast no adverse effect. 40% of all your white auto-hits on a raid boss will always be glancing no matter how much weapon skill you have. Weaponskill only reduce the penalty of said glancing blows. If you cap your weapon skill you will still be having 40% of your white auto-hits as glancing blow, HOWEVER they will be doing 100% damage with zero penalty. Important to note is also that special attacks cannot be glancing, meaning if you where use Heroic Strike or cleave on every single GCD you'd effectively remove white auto-hits from your mainhand attacks. Your OH will always be subject to glancing blows though.