Sign in to follow this  
Mitycircin

[GUIDE] Fury Pre-Raid-BiS-List / Specs / Enchants(Updated to Patch 1.8)

2 hours ago, Storfan said:

Because it's simply not good enough to include for pre-raid. There's plenty of "good" items in instances 50-60 but if all of them where included the list would be too bloated.

I see, thanks for the reply!

Recently occasionally looted felstriker as a Human.

Opinions of whether its now worth it to grind that Foe? 

Was planning to get Dal'rend set, then shifting to Vis'kag as arguably it is a bis sword (not counting hwl one) with either mala or cts. Also the edgemasters and all that stuff...

looks like the logic of more stable and sustainable dps tells me no, but my body, my boooodyyy...

Edit: feel free to ignore the grinding effort. Only the final dps of IF+FS vs Vis'kag+random shit is what matters.

Edited by Cheech

IF is 5% proc.   

With 100% Flurry uptime, you'll get 35 autos with MH.   40 possible globals, giving 75 possible procable abilities if you have enough rage to spam hamstring.

5% proc rate:

3.75 procs on average every minute. or 7.5 more auto attacks at very possible best.

Lets assume you are raid buffed w/ around 2k AP, should be autoing for about 500, 1200 crit.  we'll use 40% crit.  so you have 780 per auto.

That is an extra 5850 more damage in 60 seconds. (no reason to consider extra rage because with the numbers above I inferred infinite rage for hamstring spam as well).  /   97.5 DPS.  But you are giving yourself weaker bloodthrist, lower average up-time on crusader due to base weapon speed, and 2 less weapon skill from using the +5 racial only on the mace, vs +7 sword/axe/dagger that edge masters gives.

When IF was 10% proc, it would be worth the grind, but with the proc rate as is of 5%, you come out pretty much equal to BWL weapons.   You may outperform slightly with MAX world buffs and full consumables by 1-3%, but the second you die, that performance suffers greatly.

Remember the numbers provided above are world buffed,  infinite rage, and 100% uptime on flurry.    The 2.6% FelStriker's proc value is lowered as you are world buffed due to being close if not at your crit cap.   Felstriker's strength is best when you are not world buffed, which is when Ironfoe is at it's weakest.    See the counter intuitiveness in this combo of weapons?

3 минуты назад, Undertanker сказал:

IF is 5% proc.   

With 100% Flurry uptime, you'll get 35 autos with MH.   40 possible globals, giving 75 possible procable abilities if you have enough rage to spam hamstring.

5% proc rate:

3.75 procs on average every minute. or 7.5 more auto attacks at very possible best.

Lets assume you are raid buffed w/ around 2k AP, should be autoing for about 500, 1200 crit.  we'll use 40% crit.  so you have 780 per auto.

That is an extra 5850 more damage in 60 seconds. (no reason to consider extra rage because with the numbers above I inferred infinite rage for hamstring spam as well).  /   97.5 DPS.  But you are giving yourself weaker bloodthrist, lower average up-time on crusader due to base weapon speed, and 2 less weapon skill from using the +5 racial only on the mace, vs +7 sword/axe/dagger that edge masters gives.

When IF was 10% proc, it would be worth the grind, but with the proc rate as is of 5%, you come out pretty much equal to BWL weapons.   You may outperform slightly with MAX world buffs and full consumables by 1-3%, but the second you die, that performance suffers greatly.

Remember the numbers provided above are world buffed,  infinite rage, and 100% uptime on flurry.    The 2.6% FelStriker's proc value is lowered as you are world buffed due to being close if not at your crit cap.   Felstriker's strength is best when you are not world buffed, which is when Ironfoe is at it's weakest.    See the counter intuitiveness in this combo of weapons?

Thanks for the clarification!

I must outline though, that I am playing on Elysium, so there is no real alternative to Foe, except for the Vis'kag for the next half of the year.

If you got edge masters use deathbringer.  The line for this item will be much shorter.  Not having Vis'Kag should put you on a higher priority for CTS when that time comes.

29 minutes ago, Undertanker said:

If you got edge masters use deathbringer.  The line for this item will be much shorter.  Not having Vis'Kag should put you on a higher priority for CTS when that time comes.

Unless they use DKP:)

On top of the 100% crit buff, felstriker also gives a +100% hit chance buff, so crit cap isn't an issue when it procs.

Edited by Zarant

16 minutes ago, Zarant said:

On top of the 100% crit buff, felstriker also gives a +100% hit chance buff, so crit cap isn't an issue when it procs.

My theorycrafting is a little bit rusty and I dont have the attack table forumla right on hand, but I dont think it works that way. Crit cant push other possible outcomes off the attack table can it?

7 hours ago, Zarant said:

Wrong.

You can't crit what you can't hit.

Critical strikes can't push misses and glancing blows out of the attack table, however, the felstriker buff itself have 2 different modifiers, one adds 100% crit chance and another adds 100% hit chance, the latter removes the miss chance out of the table.

Question : Will i get a lot of shit if i get edgemasters as tauren ( i really hate orcs ,trolls,undeads .... no offense) ? Will it be a huge waste ?

And if i choose to do so, what weapons should i go for ? Krolblade / felstriker ?

1 hour ago, Bobeh133 said:

Question : Will i get a lot of shit if i get edgemasters as tauren ( i really hate orcs ,trolls,undeads .... no offense) ? Will it be a huge waste ?

And if i choose to do so, what weapons should i go for ? Krolblade / felstriker ?

Noone in their right mind who intend to go fury would go tauren, its just stupid. Equally stupid as I was who went orc yet I'm a tank.

Brigam Girdle should be added as pre-bis belt for fury warrior now  that the new update 1.09 patch added the + 1% hit chance to this item.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13142

Brigam Girdle
Binds when picked up

WaistPlate

369 Armor
+15 Strength
+16 Stamina
Durability 45 / 45
Requires Level 58

Equip: Improves your chance to hit by 1%.

1 hour ago, lineupofpeace said:

Is 2H fury currently viable for raids on Ely/ZK with the gear available?

In pre-raid gear probably not so much, with Sulfuras or BRE yes probably. More so for horde aswell due to WF-totem.

On 06/03/2017 at 10:42 AM, hakoon said:

Brigam Girdle should be added as pre-bis belt for fury warrior now  that the new update 1.09 patch added the + 1% hit chance to this item.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13142

Brigam Girdle
Binds when picked up

WaistPlate

369 Armor
+15 Strength
+16 Stamina
Durability 45 / 45
Requires Level 58

Equip: Improves your chance to hit by 1%.

Damn that sux. 

Just noticed this morning the ''Equip: Improves your chance to hit by 1%.''  from that item was removed. I deleted my WDB file just to make sure and yup, it's now gone.  I guess Elysium staff fixed a bunch of items that were wrongly upgraded prior to the right patch version... this is probably a 1.10 upgrade, not 1.09.

I wish all items would be at 1.10 already....

The cookie cutter build with imp overpower and tactical mastery are for you to swtich to battle stance - overpower - switch back to berzerker?

Is this viable?

3 hours ago, Ragingducks said:

The cookie cutter build with imp overpower and tactical mastery are for you to swtich to battle stance - overpower - switch back to berzerker?

Is this viable?

That's correct. OverPower is your main source of crits feeding your flurry uptime which is imperative to your sustained DPS. 

tldr: Not just viable but required.

EDIT: To minimize button-presses and downtime in stance-dance, make a macro to change to battlestance and cast overpower.

8 hours ago, Ragingducks said:

Is this viable?

Don't swap for overpower if you will lose too much rage.   Some instances the stance dance can hurt your dps.   You will get a feel for it.

12 hours ago, Undertanker said:

Don't swap for overpower if you will lose too much rage.   Some instances the stance dance can hurt your dps.   You will get a feel for it.

For ally yea, for hord nah. We got WF totem to make up for that rage loss:D

Never switch to overpower if you have BT and WW coming out of CD in 1-2 secs and you have the rage to use the abilitys. It is dps loss. Overpower alert is a good addon but you will get the feel when to swap to overpower. If you just used your WW and BT and you get dodge you can swap to battlestance to overpower pretty much with any rage situation (on horde) and on ally mby if u have less than 60 rage. Exceptions ofc if u sit at 100 rage and boss is about to hit 20% etc. You will get the grip when to use it due experience but on low crit now world buffs and crap gear i would say use it almost everytime your opponent dodges (not on execute phase and situations mentioned above)

Actually you can gain dps by using overpower in execute phase if your mh swing timer allows it or if you have bad gear or no world buffs (rage starved).  for example a straight up bt/ww/op rotation does more dps than spamming execute if you're 2-handing.

It's a matter of being aware of your rage gain, if you're not pumping out exactly 15 rage every global then by principle there will be windows of opportunity to use OP/BT/WW and even Slam to maximize DPS. This is more important alliance side than horde, since you won't have the cushion of WF procs to fix your mistakes.

OP could in some cases be worth to prioritize if the following conditions are met:

1. 2h fury with a slow, high-top-dmg weapon as OP bases its damage largely on weapon damage.

2. Flurry isnt up.

3. Horde+WF totem to make up for rage-loss, even if you got like 100 rage.

4. Not having buffs that makes BT scale up.

tldr: highly situational.

Where do you rate Band of Accuria Storfan? Does the itemization balance it out and make it better than say Quickstrike + nef ring for example? Does it just depend on what other hit items you get? Would you include it in a BWL BiS set?

2 hours ago, ramlol said:

Where do you rate Band of Accuria Storfan? Does the itemization balance it out and make it better than say Quickstrike + nef ring for example? Does it just depend on what other hit items you get? Would you include it in a BWL BiS set?

Using Band of Accuria as a MC/BWL geared fury warrior makes no sense at all. The power of +hit drops drastically after 9%. Basically, extra hit after 9% isnt bad per se, but you should never skip AP/crit for extra hit past the 9%-mark. A BWL-raiding fury warrior should be using two of the following rings: QSR, Nef Ring and/or Donjulios. The loot priority order for Band of Accuria should look like this:

Prot warriors > Rogues > Hunters > Fury warriors.

Hit is harder to come by for a protection warrior and this offers EXCELLENT itemization of that purpose. The extra threat the tank produces will allow your raid to output more damage to the target. Rogues second because it's a good ring, but its not vital for their setup as they still have Donjulios and Nef ring. Hunters third because hunters simply dont need more than 5% hit which is easy to get from other pieces. Furies last because of above stated reasons.

TLDR: Band of Accuria should never ever under any curcumstances be given to a fury warrior.