Sign in to follow this  
simppi

Hunter pvp

Terrible. You should never be without Mortal Shots. Assuming you want Survival, you should be 20/31, or 21/30. I'd recommend Scatter Shot over Wyvern Sting too, but this is up to you.

Terrible. You should never be without Mortal Shots. Assuming you want Survival, you should be 20/31, or 21/30. I'd recommend Scatter Shot over Wyvern Sting too, but this is up to you.

So a hunter is taken to pvp for their dps?

21/30 Like Drain said. Sting is only out of combat, scatter will save you, allow you to create distance, and can be used as an interrupt.

fd+trap and counterattack isnt enough?

I never met someone who specced Wyvern Sting. Honestly.

I guess it is as op as lightwell. :happy_tired:

Your main job is to deal damage. If you're not dealing as much as you can, you are deadweight to your team. Mortal Shots is required for any build that isn't BM. But if you are Survival, you should be 21/30 or 20/31; there is no contest for Mortal Shots or Lightning Reflexes. Either way, this is a decent build to do BGs. Scatter Shot is less important for enemy melee if you have Counterattack, but it's still overly important for enemy casters as a spell interrupt. FD has a 30s CD, and only stops enemy spells if YOU are the target. Scatter Shot adds a second 30s CD, and will ding the spell regardless of who is targeted. FD will not stop anyone's heal casts. Scatter Shot will.

Your main job is to deal damage. If you're not dealing as much as you can, you are deadweight to your team. Mortal Shots is required for any build that isn't BM. But if you are Survival, you should be 21/30 or 20/31; there is no contest for Mortal Shots or Lightning Reflexes. Either way, this is a decent build to do BGs. Scatter Shot is less important for enemy melee if you have Counterattack, but it's still overly important for enemy casters as a spell interrupt. FD has a 30s CD, and only stops enemy spells if YOU are the target. Scatter Shot adds a second 30s CD, and will ding the spell regardless of who is targeted. FD will not stop anyone's heal casts. Scatter Shot will.

I thought hunters were ccers mainly in pvp.

Traps and flares are nice and all, but that doesn't kill the enemy team. Bullets do. Your biggest benefit other than damage though, is actually the Viper Sting. This is a stupidly OP debuff. But you should also take advantage of your scouting abilities, track, eagle eye, flare.

As being part of premade, your main job is gonna be Draining/CC-ing enemy mostly. In between AA>Multi>Aimed

When out of mana, don't continue fighting, try to go on backline and drink to full, then repeat. Be as much annoying as good hunter can be

As being part of premade, your main job is gonna be Draining/CC-ing enemy mostly. In between AA>Multi>Aimed

When out of mana, don't continue fighting, try to go on backline and drink to full, then repeat. Be as much annoying as good hunter can be

That's what I would've thought.

If you are serious about joining premades, your main job will be scouting eagle eye at the start of the game and then anchoring stables or farm for the rest of the game, I got to rank 8 on my hunter without breaking a sweat. In terms of utility and damage output, hunters are pretty weak compared to other ranged classes.

Edited by Zarant

Those specs are so bad,,, play 0/31/20 , or 1/31/19  Marksman for true shot then rest points in survival.. and yeah you just drain and do dmg, 2 class buTTon in bg ,, track humanoid + Eagle eye to scout out Enemy flag carrier, bases in AB etc... ,, and just auto shot,, multi,  aimed Viper,, simple as that

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZtVohthZ0ebiRhu

its all preference, 30/21 is good but i find this spec to give the most utility for bg's, you can switch entrapment with wingclip for a better spec in wpvp, or drop savage strikes.

5% dmg and 100 ap vs. 3 crit, a 5 second root, and 15% slow resist, play what suits you the best

Edited by mugshot

Omg, what a builds!

15% mutishot damage not worth loosing +15% agi

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZtVohtZcibcRhux

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZgVohthtcibMRh

My personal fav builds for PvP. If you want being full PvE but still wanna not suck too much in PvP - take this

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cx0MZgVohthtIVo0o

15% multi damage is better than 15% agi in pvp

Disagree, 1.5-2% crit and ~150 ap and few dodge is better, coz for strong 10 sec CD spell you gimp your autoshots and aimed. Survivalist overrated as for me, it's was a huge for my 6k+ unbuffed r14 tauren, but, for exmaple, as t2 NE it's wasn't worth not taking 10% reduce resist trap, coz if 200-300 hp CAN save you sometimes, trap fail in 90% will ruin your game.

That's why you drop the points in agi for Stam + trap resist, and not having 15% increased damage on your best damaging ability in pvp for some attack power and a little crit is silly. And this guy is probably playing fresh server where he'll have фекал gear and under 400 agi for months, so the extra agi would do very little

Topic about specs, not about his starting problems. With crap gear better go full MM, 5% overall damage and 100ap aura gives you better damage(include your pet in especialy while gear suxx) than going in 15% multishot damage coz if you r in crap -> you need a gear -> your spec should be at least "fine" in raids.

Survival isn't about top DPS at shooting. It's about personal defense and improving your melee, since enemy players will not let you sit back and gracefully pluck a bow at them. Unless it's an enemy Hunter trading shoots at you, they're probably going to close distance to stop you from shooting. But enemy Hunters are usually Marks if they want to trade shots, so if you invest well in your own melee, closing distance vs these can mean an easy win. Look at their weapons, people with 2 1hs stacking AGI enchants usually don't want to melee, and will be worthless at it. People with 2hs are more likely to fight back in melee. Imp Raptor Strike is great with a slow 2h; it's terrible with 1hs.

Only 1h weapons worth wielding in PvP is r14 1h swords or something similian from aq40/naxx. Otherwise take 2h in PvP, even class staff is great coz 2 crit, good stam and damage for raptor.