Sign in to follow this  
Shino

[Addon] ModifiedPowerAuras

MODIFIED
POWER AURAS

What is Modified Power Auras?

Modified Power Auras is the advanced version of the AddOn Power Auras. It is a lot more powerful and provides every possible function that could be backported from cataclysm. Plus it provides some custom features that are very helpful.

What are the advantages of Modified Power Auras?

• Use Icons instead of symbols
  • More performant
  • Show stacks of auras
  • Show double procs (Holy strength)
  • Show enemy buffs and debuffs
  • Show your buffs and debuffs
  • Show cooldown on trinkets or abilities
  • Customize your aura and its position on the whole screen
  • Use a lot new conditions to show/hide auras
  • Play a sound if a aura is applied or fades
  • Show buffs or debuffs from members in your (raid)group

Installing Instructions

• Download the AddOn here
  • Rename the unziped folder to "ModifiedPowerAuras"
  • Place the folder into your AddOn directory in your World of Warcraft folder
  • Start the game
  • Type in /mpowa to open the configuration frame
  • Enjoy

How does it look like?
All frames opened (Profile/EditAura/IconFrame):
awjiQhl.jpg

Auras on testmode:
0CZScUt.png

cheers!
~Shino

Edited by Shino

Oh, for everyone that had a previous version.

I added a few features and fixed a few bugs in build 27.

cheers!

Oh, for everyone that had a previous version.

I added a few features and fixed a few bugs in build 27.

cheers!

Can you build this Addon for Vanilla? I will really appreciate and very useful for Shadow Priest <3

You can see it next to my Chat .

/Kind regards Killerduki

Small thing that i notice while looking at your code 

function MPOWA:Reverse(bool)
	if bool then
		return false
	else
		return true
	end
end

you can just use

var = not bool

this also reverse the bool and reduce the function calls :)

yep true^^

I didn't look over the code since a year, so those are the remainings of my poor stupid beginnings : P

cheers!

Shino,

I'm getting an issue with the addon where my Timer options to invert etc are not showing up. I used to be able to get the buff to count down but cant seem to manipulate it correctly.

any suggestions on how to execute this now?

thanks in advance!

I'm able to set up my auras, but I'm not seeing how to set up the count down timer to show the buff duration from activated to removed. It used to be a seconds countdown to the hundredth.

mind explaining how to get it to show with your new version?

Enter the correct name, go to timer, enable timer and activate the ability ? :/

Build 29 is out btw fixing some invert issues.

I know it may sound dumb, I love the addon man you nailed exactly what i'm lookin for. Used it through Nost's birth but for some reason this is the only issue im having haha. As long as you say its working properly there's no reason why i cant figure it out and get it working.

I'll take another look but thanks for the replies my dude keep it up!

I have actually no clue what exactly you want^^

As I understood it you just want an aura to be shown and a timer, until the aura fades.

For that you need to do what I wrote above.

cheers^^

Yeah. Problem with buffs is though that they have to be visible. They are only visible with the spell of a mage.

For this select debuff flag and the enemy target flag

cheers!

I use RisenUI, so in turn I use all your addons. I'd just like to say I absolutely love and appreciate every single one of them. VCB takes away clutter from my screen, DPSMate has soooo much more information than swstats or other dps addons, and I hope more and more of my guild installs it so things like dispelling and whatnot will work/be more accurate. Legacy logs provides clear and concise happenings of exactly what happened, and you can even compare yourself to others in the raid (dpsmate). Only one I hadn't been using was mpowa until last night, but I love it! I have it setup to show me when nightfall is proced, how long my SW:P, SW, or VE, have, how much longer I have on ToEP or stacks on ZHC, and also if I still have a shield up. 

I can honestly say I think I have the perfect UI. Thank you so much, your work does not go unappreciated.

Oops I thought I replied to this threat but I guess it didn't. Keeps happening, weird.

Anyways, right after I posted that message I found a small issue haha. The Shadow Weaving debuff is a stackable buff that is constantly being reapplied. I made a poweraura to track this, so if I am moving or regenning mana I can know when it's about to fall off. The timer starts correctly, however it doesn't refresh (to 15s) everytime the debuff is reapplied (when I SW:P, mind flay, or mind blast). Is there anyway to fix this?

It should iterate through the set timer and then refresh. I have not added a functionallity for cetain buffs.

In tbc the refresh event was added. However, I suggest not to add a timer for that then. Just let it show you that it is applied. In vanilla it is very difficult to find a general solution.

cheers!

yeah it refreshes after it runs out, but I was looking for something like it says 15 seconds when I apply a shadow spell, then everytime I cast it updates to 15s again. I'll use your solution atm, just showing if the buff is up or not. Hope you find a fix to the problem though, I believe in you! Thanks for the help

I believe that there is a solution for certain spells only.

But no general one, which is why it will become a little more complicated. 

I would need a list of spells where which spells refresh the dot on a certain event. For that I need to parse the combat log again and for certain modes I need to parse different event.

It will just become a mess I am afraid.

There may be a better way than that one that I have in mind but currently I don't so I am open for it!

cheers!

There may be a better way than that one that I have in mind but currently I don't so I am open for it!

my idea was to enable the refresh on certain spells if the priest has 5/5 in shadow weaving talent...not a perfect solution but it should work pretty well for the most shadowpriests...

You mean you parse the action event?

Then again, this might end up in a endless event of special snowflakes :/

I overdid that in DPSMate :/

Edited by Shino

my idea was to enable the refresh on certain spells if the priest has 5/5 in shadow weaving talent...not a perfect solution but it should work pretty well for the most shadowpriests...

Some spriests go 3/5 or 4/5 shadow weaving, adding to the "special snowflake" thing Shino is trying to avoid. 

I believe that there is a solution for certain spells only.

But no general one, which is why it will become a little more complicated. 

I would need a list of spells where which spells refresh the dot on a certain event. For that I need to parse the combat log again and for certain modes I need to parse different event.

It will just become a mess I am afraid.

cheers!

I mean, there can't be that many debuffs that can be refreshed in vanilla, right? I'll look into making a list of all the debuffs that can be refreshed. I really hope it will be short.