thebleach

Whats with the griefing posts?

I don't remember ever being ganked, that's not to say I never did, I just don't remember it, it didn't leave an impression. I play NE so I usually just shadowmeld if any high level shows up in case they're a loser, e.g. someone who has fun as a direct consequence of the lack of other's.

I mean, we all have our faults, I just have a hard time imagining this kind of behaviour not negatively affecting your life, or at least being a symptom of a serious personality problem. This is not acceptable behaviour, which is why you do it in a game and not in real life, but there is an actual person on the other side. You are a bad person and I hope you don't have any delusions about that.

Hahaha dude come on, are you freaking trolling me, there is no way you're being serious now, I refuse to believe anyone is this sensitive to things that happen in a video game XD

Hahaha dude come on, are you freaking trolling me, there is no way you're being serious now, I refuse to believe anyone is this sensitive to things that happen in a video game XD

It happens inside a video-game but you've already said that it's from other people that you derive your sick enjoyment. I'm not being sensitive, I'm analyzing your behaviour and the result is not flattering to put it mildly.

It happens inside a video-game but you've already said that it's from other people that you derive your sick enjoyment. I'm not being sensitive, I'm analyzing your behaviour and the result is not flattering to put it mildly.

If you think that it's "sick enjoyment" to piss people off in a video game, then how the f**k are you not sensitive? XD

You cant say that you aren't sensitive, if you are at the same time describing what is for the most part a fun behavior in a video game, as being "sick".

See if you were to really analyzing anything, If you were to really do that, then you would have come to the conclusion that some people think that it's fun to piss people off in a video game, others do not think this is fun. The End.

PS: the term "video game" is meant to imply that it's not something to get your panties in a bunch over.

But hey, let's say that I were to do a some "analyzing" as well.

I think that there are 2 kinds of people who react negatively to ganking/griefing to the point that they have to write extensive /w messages or complain on the forums: sensitive people who are either children or are adults who haven't matured emotionally, and egomaniacs, who think that they are gods, and don't like it when someone pokes fun at their delusions by pwning them :)

The most normal people play mainstream games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, CSGO, and Dota/LoL right? Play those games right now and see how all those normal people act.

Saving Emeriss from Alliance raids is the most humane thing one can do.  

Exploding for Emeriss is a self-less act of beauty.

By the definition of normal, myself and i'd guess anyone in this private server community are not normal

It's an underground community, looking for normal here might become a problem :good_luck:

Try looking where the majority is

And speaking of "that's not normal behaviour".

Just to throw in in here. Vidoes where people are "trolling" (or doing what apparntly makes you a psychopath according to some hobby psychologists, griefing) are extremely popoular in the mainstream gaming community. So apparantly loads of people are enjoying it.  What does that tell you?

Edited by Winfernal

Redridge is contested. There's no ganking in safe zones.

Used to be! Took most of nosts lifetime to fix the sweeping strike bug.

If you think that it's "sick enjoyment" to piss people off in a video game, then how the f**k are you not sensitive? XD

You cant say that you aren't sensitive, if you are at the same time describing what is for the most part a fun behavior in a video game, as being "sick".

See if you were to really analyzing anything, If you were to really do that, then you would have come to the conclusion that some people think that it's fun to piss people off in a video game, others do not think this is fun. The End.

PS: the term "video game" is meant to imply that it's not something to get your panties in a bunch over.

But hey, let's say that I were to do a some "analyzing" as well.

I think that there are 2 kinds of people who react negatively to ganking/griefing to the point that they have to write extensive /w messages or complain on the forums: sensitive people who are either children or are adults who haven't matured emotionally, and egomaniacs, who think that they are gods, and don't like it when someone pokes fun at their delusions by pwning them :)

My panties aren't in a bunch, but I'm not talking about the video game, I'm talking about the interaction between people, the medium just happens to be a video game.

Try reading your post again and remove the mention of "video game", "Some people just like to piss people off" - This is extremely unhealthy behaviour since it seems to be indiscriminate.

Again, I'm not responding to ganking/griefing, I'm doing an analysis of the personality traits of some of the people who do it. I don't really mind ganking, this is a service to you.

I thank you for your analysis but we both know that you are just trying to undermine me so you don't have to take me seriously. But I urge you to do exactly that, since this is something you really need to work on, but you won't until you recognize the problem.

By the definition of normal, myself and i'd guess anyone in this private server community are not normal

It's an underground community, looking for normal here might become a problem :good_luck:

You're exactly right, this game attracts geeks and this version much more so, and they are in general very prone to various personality issues from years of feeling powerless. This is not a healthy way to deal with that.

Edited by dvergur

That was true up until Nostalrus' popularity exploded. Now there's tons of normies playing private realms. 

You're exactly right, this game attracts geeks and this version much more so, and they are in general very prone to various personality issues from years of feeling powerless. This is not a healthy way to deal with that.

As always the best way is to ignore it, the amounts of time i've spent as a corpsecamped ghost in stvietnam is probably equal to the time i've spent alive at nost. Just don't rage and move on, this is the internet and nostalrius is the wild west of фекал

Trying to insult griefers over the internet isn't going to do anything either.. these pseudo psychology tactics some people are trying to use aren't going to work, trying to say "you are not normal" with psychology terms in the mix as an insult on a private server forum, or anywhere else for that matter is a lost cause and a fallacy at best

Edited by Winfernal

Trying to insult griefers over the internet isn't going to do anything either.. these pseudo psychology tactics some people are trying to use aren't going to work, trying to say "you are not normal" with psychology terms in the mix as an insult on a private server forum, or anywhere else for that matter is a lost cause and a fallacy at best

I don't think you mean to say fallacy there, but I have to try to open their eyes, even if it is in vain. It hurts me deeply that there are people out there that are so troubled that they have to lash out in this way.

I don't think you mean to say fallacy there, but I have to try to open their eyes, even if it is in vain. It hurts me deeply that there are people out there that are so troubled that they have to lash out in this way.

Well this is probably the best place to lash it out in that case

Well this is probably the best place to lash it out in that case

Certainly, but preferably there wouldn't be any lashing at all.

The primal delight in destroying someone in pvp is more enjoyable to me when I am at least somewhat challenged by the act. We all can probably agree that brutally one-shotting some random nobody while you run past them roaming the world has a certain element of enjoyment that is the expected way that PvP servers work. Sometimes you get ganked, sometimes they do. We all know PvP happens, and some of the best fights you will have is out in the world when you think you're outclassed but pull out some crazy win. But I have never really thought it worth my time to go out of my way merely to gain a negative response from someone. Spending my time to do that proves nothing since it takes near zero effort, and it provides me no benefit after the fact. I already know I could antagonize the hell out of people if I put my mind to it, it's easy, but when I go out of my way just to make someone mad or waste their time, in the end I am only wasting my own time since I objectively have better things to do with my life than hit some low-hanging fruit griefing & trolling. I would much rather spend those minutes/hours doing countless other things out there to progress my character or help a friend or work on an alt.

I'll comment something very important to the people that are so concerned with grieving other players just starting out:

If these "newcomers", "newbies", "retail fanboys", "first-timers", what ever the hell you want to call them, have such a miserable experience early, completely outside of their control because you have nothing better to do at 60, like farm for your raid consumables 80% of people bit  ch they don't have time to farm for;   you may drive people to quit.  Period.

While that may get your jollies going for the moment, private servers have a high turnover rate.   Fresh blood being implemented into the population is important to prevent endgame becoming a poaching event from other guilds just to clear content.  You need these people that you plan on grieving to hell.  Take some of this energy and channel it into helping the new comers out a bit.   Throw them a bone (or a green weapon in this case).  Show them we are happy to have them.   Allow them to feel welcomed into the community and they will stay.  These people are future recruits for a guild.   These people are what will keep your battle ground queues popping on a more frequent basis.   These people are going to contribute to the availability of items on the AH, and buy the things you are attempting to sell.

Tl:Dr:     Don't be an azz hat, and you'll have a better community and ensure the longevity of the server(s).

Edited by Undertanker

These people are future recruits for a guild.   These people are what will keep your battle ground queues popping on a more frequent basis.   These people are going to contribute to the availability of items on the AH, and buy the things you are attempting to sell.

giphy.gif

I aggree wi

I'll comment something very important to the people that are so concerned with grieving other players just starting out:

If these "newcomers", "newbies", "retail fanboys", "first-timers", what ever the hell you want to call them, have such a miserable experience early, completely outside of their control because you have nothing better to do at 60, like farm for your raid consumables 80% of people bit  ch they don't have time to farm for;   you may drive people to quit.  Period.

While that may get your jollies going for the moment, private servers have a high turnover rate.   Fresh blood being implemented into the population is important to prevent endgame becoming a poaching event from other guilds just to clear content.  You need these people that you plan on grieving to hell.  Take some of this energy and channel it into helping the new comers out a bit.   Throw them a bone (or a green weapon in this case).  Show them we are happy to have them.   Allow them to feel welcomed into the community and they will stay.  These people are future recruits for a guild.   These people are what will keep your battle ground queues popping on a more frequent basis.   These people are going to contribute to the availability of items on the AH, and buy the things you are attempting to sell.

Tl:Dr:     Don't be an azz hat, and you'll have a better community and ensure the longevity of the server(s).

This is very true! I'm not a fan of griefing myself, i just don't like the way it is getting dealt with by "the other side" until i saw this post. Fresh players are vital to the ecosystem. And you explained it very well

But don't forget that the mighty forest of STV (and more) is going to be a test for all the newcomers. Because there will be hell there all the time, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. May it be ganking or fair wars between the factions (unless you roll PvE), And getting ganked builds character. The journey to 60 isn't supposed to be a silky smooth ride if you ask me

Edited by Winfernal

Griefing is boring. I have always enjoyed harrasing higher levels though. Stalking, hit and run, just screwing with thier heads. A great adrenal rush from the challenge. So much more entertaining.  If you assist on griefing at least make it interesting like only using bombs and grenades or hell Fight them naked. 

Edited by Shadowscout

I completely agree. However, I do believe griefing has its place, its time, and its duration. Killing someone once or thrice, then leaving them be for at least while adds to the thrill of PvP.  They won't know if/when you're coming back. Doing it 10 times or for an hour (or days!) is just being a derp - driving people away like you said Undertanker.

One of my favorite things to do when I'm playing a rogue with my rogue friends, is sapping a hunter, we both kill his pet but not him, and vanish. It's a moment a young hunter will never forget...lol

I completely agree. However, I do believe griefing has its place, its time, and its duration. Killing someone once or thrice, then leaving them be for at least while adds to the thrill of PvP.  They won't know if/when you're coming back. Doing it 10 times or for an hour (or days!) is just being a derp - driving people away like you said Undertanker.

One of my favorite things to do when I'm playing a rogue with my rogue friends, is sapping a hunter, we both kill his pet but not him, and vanish. It's a moment a young hunter will never forget...lol

Hahaha, actually a really good idea :D

Greetings

I have seen a few posts over the last few days of people asking if x griefing is acceptable or is xx griefing allowed....

Do you guys actually just level up a character to grief other players? Is your life that bad and uninteresting that this will make you feel more fulfilled?

Just wondering

Hey clinical depression is a serious thing, they need to treat it somehow ^^