Rocsi

New player looking for a class that fits.

Let me start this off by saying that I never got into retail. Nothing against the game, I just couldn't sucker my parents into buying me a sub when I was younger. That being said, I'm super excited to experience the game as it was.

In all other MMOs, I have always played caster/support types. I know thats really typical of me, but thats just what I enjoy playing. I played a Resto Staff Sorc build in ESO, Ele/Necromancer support builds in Guild wars 2, ect. Tanking or melee classes are just not for me. 

I'd LIKE to be able to find a support build for raids/dungeons that I can grow into as I level, but atm I'm not even sure what class is best suited for me and how I like to play. x.x

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rocsi!

Resto druid. Least played class, very under-estimated and can perform very well if played right, you will also be gauranteed a spot in all raids and loot will rain ontop of your head.

Edited by Storfan

Resto druid. Least played class, very under-estimated and can perform very well if played right, you will also be gauranteed a spot in all raids and loot will rain ontop of your head.

I'm looking into that now, thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah I agree with Storfan. Common players think they are only for buffs, giving mana to priest, but a skilled druid can do top heals in a raid with minimal overhealing if they are good.

Highest skill cap healer IMO because your direct heal is 2.5 seconds compared to pally/priest 1.5 seconds. Get good at precasting and anticipating damage

Edited by Undertanker

Yeah I agree with Storfan. Common players think they are only for buffs, giving mana to priest, but a skilled druid can do top heals in a raid with minimal overhealing if they are good.

Highest skill cap healer IMO because your direct heal is 2.5 seconds compared to pally/priest 1.5 seconds. Get good at precasting and anticipating damage

What would be your second class option behind a Resto Druid?

You can't go wrong with a priest.

Dwarf-priest if alliance due to Fearward being heavily sought-after by ALL raids.

EDIT: Priest-gear looks kinda booring though, appart for that healing staff.

EDIT #2: It should be noted that I'm probably biased because my alt is a resto-druid and I'm loving it!

Edited by Storfan

Resto druid or Resto shaman would be my picks. Possibly paladins if you're into pvp since paladins are probably THE best support class in pvp.

If you do roll a resto druid, make sure you keep up faerie fire on every single trash mob in raids, the melee will love you for it. It's something I see a lot of druids fail at.

Resto druid or Resto shaman would be my picks. Possibly paladins if you're into pvp since paladins are probably THE best support class in pvp.

If you do roll a resto druid, make sure you keep up faerie fire on every single trash mob in raids, the melee will love you for it. It's something I see a lot of druids fail at.

I'm not sure if you ever played Rift or not but they had a Bard class where you had to play motifs to buff your class, but the buffs only last for like 10 seconds or something I think. You had to keep refreshing them though. Is Resto Druid similar to that? Bard was my first support class to fall in love with.

I'm not sure if you ever played Rift or not but they had a Bard class where you had to play motifs to buff your class, but the buffs only last for like 10 seconds or something I think. You had to keep refreshing them though. Is Resto Druid similar to that? Bard was my first support class to fall in love with.

That is more like raiding paladin. 

If you are content with 10 seconds buffs, 15 mins paly buffs will be breeze for you.

And really, speaking about alliance healer options, imo, easiest to get grip on, is exactly a paladin. Now make note, easiest to get a grip on in raids may not necessary be the same as easiest to level.

That is more like raiding paladin. 

If you are content with 10 seconds buffs, 15 mins paly buffs will be breeze for you.

And really, speaking about alliance healer options, imo, easiest to get grip on, is exactly a paladin. Now make note, easiest to get a grip on in raids may not necessary be the same as easiest to level.

Well isn't pally more melee? Melee gameplay in all mmos bored me x.x I'm actually super interested in Resto Druid. Can Resto Druids solo heal dungeons while leveling? They look really neat and I'm wondering exactly what they're used for.

Well isn't pally more melee? Melee gameplay in all mmos bored me

Depends on spec, really.

Holy paladin is healer, retribution is melee dps, protection is tank.

Edited by Elviss

Can Resto Druids solo heal dungeons while leveling? They look really neat and I'm wondering exactly what they're used for.

Let me break all three alliance healing classes. I won't speak about shaman healing because I have almost non-existing playing shaman (hove some, but really can't compare that to time I spent on alliance healers)

Druid

-Medium number of different healing spells, occasional instant cast (if specced)

-Area based AoE (anyone in raid, in zone of your AoE heal will get healed, seems obvious but priest aoE healing works differently, that is why I mention it)

-Remove curse and abolish poison.

-Crowd control: Sleep (hybernate) dragonkins and animals, root any kind, but this works only outside, which makes it useable only in ZG and AQ20/40 but not in MC, BWL and Naxx.

-Only class who can resurrect in combat (only one player every 30 minutes)

-Can inervate him self or other mana user (spell that will increase mana regeneration for short period of time)

Paladin

-Just two basic healing spells, one with short cast time, other one with longer. This makes them most gear dependant healing class.

-No AoE healing but best mana efficiency. Also "oh фекал" heal aka Lay on Hands, that wipes your mana but brings tank back to full health (i know it sounds costly, but this thing can be raid savior)

-Cures disease and abolish poison.

-Crowd control: Single target fear on undead and short time stun

-Couple of protective spells that grant shot time immunity and/or aggro wipe (very useful in later raids where you have more bosses being immune to taunts from tanks)

Priest

-Many different healing spells, different cast time, different basic +healing, different cast time, so you can really have suitable spell for all kind of situations.

-Optional party based AoE heal (heal players in your party group, but not full raid, regardless of their positioning)

-Dispels magic and cures disease

-Crowd control: AoE fear and Shackle undead

-Can shield him self or other players.

Edited by Elviss

I played Rift as well so I know what you are looking for.    As a pally healer, you will only go into melee range to put a Seal on the boss which will heal the raid when people hit the boss or give people mana back when people hit the boss.   A few fights you might run in for a stun.

Other than that, you'll hang out with the ranged, buff and heal people.    Pally doesn't have a heal over time and uses small heals that are fast.  If you liked bard, you should like pally healing. 

Though for leveling you will be in melee range and a spec that helps kill things faster.  Similar to people leveling the rogue as blade dancer and then go bard at max level.

If you want to also cast while leveling, and looking for an alternative to druid, then Dwarf Priest.

Edited by Undertanker

Well..............Im rolling Dwarf Priest.  Always loved healing.......

Played Priest back in Vanilla a LONG time ago.........hope I remember how...LOL.

Let me break all three alliance healing classes. I won't speak about shaman healing because I have almost non-existing playing shaman (hove some, but really can't compare that to time I spent on alliance healers)

Druid

-Medium number of different healing spells, occasional instant cast (if specced)

-Area based AoE (anyone in raid, in zone of your AoE heal will get healed, seems obvious but priest aoE healing works differently, that is why I mention it)

-Remove curse and abolish poison.

-Crowd control: Sleep (hybernate) dragonkins and animals, root any kind, but this works only outside, which makes it useable only in ZG and AQ20/40 but not in MC, BWL and Naxx.

-Only class who can resurrect in combat (only one player every 30 minutes)

-Can inervate him self or other mana user (spell that will increase mana regeneration for short period of time)

Paladin

-Just two basic healing spells, one with short cast time, other one with longer. This makes them most gear dependant healing class.

-No AoE healing but best mana efficiency. Also "oh фекал" heal aka Lay on Hands, that wipes your mana but brings tank back to full health (i know it sounds costly, but this thing can be raid savior)

-Cures disease and abolish poison.

-Crowd control: Single target fear on undead and short time stun

-Couple of protective spells that grant shot time immunity and/or aggro wipe (very useful in later raids where you have more bosses being immune to taunts from tanks)

Priest

-Many different healing spells, different cast time, different basic +healing, different cast time, so you can really have suitable spell for all kind of situations.

-Optional party based AoE heal (heal players in your party group, but not full raid, regardless of their positioning)

-Dispels magic and cures disease

-Crowd control: AoE fear and Shackle undead

-Can shield him self or other players.

^Epic post, also if you should go priest go dwarf ;)

Druids are "sort-of" like that I guess. They got several healing spells that puts a ticking heal (HoT) that will heal your target once every second for 10-20 seconds. 

EDIT: And yes, druids can solo-heal all 5man dungeons from lvl1-60 in any spec.

Edited by Storfan

Druids are "sort-of" like that I guess. They got several healing spells that puts a ticking heal (HoT) that will heal your target once every second for 10-20 seconds. 

EDIT: And yes, druids can solo-heal all 5man dungeons from lvl1-60 in any spec.

Might be.

It's just his explanation how he needed as bard to refresh buffs every couple of seconds that reminded me of paladin.

Maybe for your next, Warlocks are an easy coasting class. Free mount, dots+wand+pet kills pretty much everything you need.