Fisher

Priest Leveling Guide

Hey Fisher, got a question for you about the details of Wand Specialization.

So Wand Specialization adds (up to) +25% to Wand damage, right?  What I want to know is if this is implemented in the same way that Improved Renew adds (up to) +15% to Renew, but only on the base healing of the spell itself and doesn't add (up to) +15% to the +Healing bonus you get from your gear.  So basically, does Wand Specialization's damage bonus calculate in adding (up to) +25% damage from JUST the Wand itself, or does it also include adding (up to) +25% damage from the +Spell Damage you get from your gear?

I figure this ought to be something relatively easy to test using the tooltip for Wand damage on the Character window to do a before/after check when doing a respec.  Reason that I ask this question is that if Wand Specialization applies its multiplier before +Spell Damage, rather than after, that will make the talent scale (more) poorly when an increasingly substantial amount of your damage throughput is being generated by Spell Power.  It would still make Wand Specialization a good talent for leveling before acquiring Spell Power gear.

Curious.  My Priest right now has +Arcane Damage gear on (for boosting Starshards, of all things) and when I had an Arcane damage Wand (my Priest is my Enchanter, but I'm using Gravestone Scepter at the moment, which is a Shadow damage Wand) I would see +Damage on the tooltip for Wand damage on my Character window that exactly matched my +Damage from +Arcane items equipped, and the "damage coefficient" was 100% for it (so Attack Speed with Wand apparently wasn't factoring in).

Of course, it's also entirely possible that the tooltip is programmed wrong to display incorrect information ... which would be a different (bug) issue to report.

SP sucks especially if u ally, get Spiritual Guidance and retri pally and your dps at level 40 will be 200+ to single target, twice more than SP. Pushback not critical if you cast smite, SP lose MF ticks and need to be shielded then lost dmg per mana - best argument to getting MF. Smiters better dps and ofc heals in both factions because got +100 free spell damage at level 40 while spirit tap up. Holy priest need only spirit to be good, SP need alot of shadow spell damage and for this reason got huge problems with mana, or huge problems with damage when he wear spirit. 

Wand Specialization dont needed when you holy, and wands shouldnt get profit from spd ofc.

I have last half hour in damage meter from my 41lvl holy priest and there 155k damage, same as did level 41 mage plus 78k heals. Here also lost time, damage and heals from maindcontrolled elites in stormgarde.

From these 155k,  wand did  2% damage only.

So, I started levelling a priest, and I must say I didn't think wands would do so much damage so consistently. I do have one question though:

Do quivers/ammo pouches bonus "xx% ranged attack speed" work on wand attack speed? If so, I'm just gonna SW: Pain and AFK wand :p

Thanks for the help!

On 23.1.2018 at 10:27 AM, DontFeedTheTroll said:

So, I started levelling a priest, and I must say I didn't think wands would do so much damage so consistently. I do have one question though:

Do quivers/ammo pouches bonus "xx% ranged attack speed" work on wand attack speed? If so, I'm just gonna SW: Pain and AFK wand :p

Thanks for the help!

No, wands are not counted as ranged attacks