Kengion

Gold Farming Tips

Pretty Simple, farming Ores and Herb and doing what I can on the AH to get mount money. Cause of the sheer amount of players there's not much left to gather unless it's late at night. Does anybody know any good spots/zones for the different ores to farm. I'm only lvl 29, and so far Mulgore has had the most in terms of copper but I can't level up on that, Thousand Needles has lots of iron ore but I can't mine that yet so RIP.

Or maybe mobs that drop expensive vendor/AH items, I just need that gold.

It is a international server on which players are distributed all over the world, so there is no "night".  Server time in the morning would be nice.

Doesn't ore always spawn immediately after it is mined, somewhere else on the map, because each zone needs to have at least 12 or something veins up at all times? Or did they add that in later expansions?

Anyway, I think the best way is to look for mobs that drop expensive greys and farm those. Playing the AH is not good unless you have a lot of free time and farming mats profitably is impossible with the current population.

2 hours ago, Kengion said:

Pretty Simple, farming Ores and Herb and doing what I can on the AH to get mount money. Cause of the sheer amount of players there's not much left to gather unless it's late at night. Does anybody know any good spots/zones for the different ores to farm. I'm only lvl 29, and so far Mulgore has had the most in terms of copper but I can't level up on that, Thousand Needles has lots of iron ore but I can't mine that yet so RIP.

Or maybe mobs that drop expensive vendor/AH items, I just need that gold.

My first character on Nostalrius was leveled through farming mobs only, I had few thousand golds at 60 with that. Now either do only that or every few levels to get some golds. It's a good alternative when the quest areas are packed. Get skinning as you'll double the golds by vendoring the leather, you can remove it at 60.

Farm:

+ 29-32 - farm the turtles in Hillsbrad Foothills (river close to the Tarren Mill)

32-34 - farm the harpies in Thousand Needles (Roguefeather Den, a cave west of Freewind Post)

+ 34-40 - farm the cats in Swamp of Sorrows (they're basically everywhere)

40-44 - farm the bears and wolves in Feralas (east part called The Lower Wilds)

44-48 - farm any higher level wolves/bears/gorillas in Feralas (towards west)

+ 48-52 - farm the gorillas and bears in Feralas (The Twin Colossals at the north west part)

+ 53 - 60 farm the bats in Eastern Plaguelands starting from lower level ones (When you enter the zone look on both sides of roads, later move to the northern parts for higher level bats)

Now you follow it as you wish but I'll mark the ones you should really do with a "+"

Edited by Bonappetit

7 minutes ago, Bonappetit said:

My first character on Nostalrius was leveled through farming mobs only, I had few thousand golds at 60 with that. Now either do only that or every few levels to get some golds. It's a good alternative when the quest areas are packed.

Farm:

+ 29-32 - farm the turtles in Hillsbrad Foothills (river close to the Tarren Mill)

32-34 - farm the harpies in Thousand Needles (Roguefeather Den, a cave west of Freewind Post)

+ 48-52 - farm the gorillas and bears in Feralas (The Twin Colossals at the north west part)

+ 53 - 60 farm the bats in Eastern Plaguelands starting from lower level ones (When you enter the zone look on both sides of roads, later move to the northern parts for higher level bats)

Now you follow it as you wish but I'll mark the ones you should really do with a "+"

Absolute savage, only by grinding? lol

6 minutes ago, KonigsTiger said:

Absolute savage, only by grinding? lol

Every single quest area was overcrowded on the fresh Nostalrius that I was forced to farm all the way to 60. I took a small break around 40 as it gets boring quite easily so I did it in two parts. Now you can only do a few levels in Swamp of Sorrows to buy a blue mount and the same on the bats to buy an epic mount if you wish. Skinning will double your money as you vendor all the leather, then just remove it on 60.

Edited by Bonappetit

1 hour ago, Bonappetit said:

My first character on Nostalrius was leveled through farming mobs only, I had few thousand golds at 60 with that. Now either do only that or every few levels to get some golds. It's a good alternative when the quest areas are packed. Get skinning as you'll double the golds by vendoring the leather, you can remove it at 60.

Farm:

Cool, thanks for the tips man.

Haha! do you think you will farm something, no that will wont hapen because i think on the server start will be over 15k people all same lvl so for the next 1-2 months at least you cant farm almost nothing , maybe if you do lvl in dungeons thats all! 

I dont think the Elysium team will increas the nods for mining, herbs or the spawn rate of the moobs to farm them in a moderate way, also dont metion the PVP problem. So forget the farming....!

20 minutes ago, Thirdeye666 said:

Haha! do you think you will farm something, no that will wont hapen because i think on the server start will be over 15k people all same lvl so for the next 1-2 months at least you cant farm almost nothing , maybe if you do lvl in dungeons thats all! 

I dont think the Elysium team will increas the nods for mining, herbs or the spawn rate of the moobs to farm them in a moderate way, also dont metion the PVP problem. So forget the farming....!

Majority of mobs I've farmed weren't required for any of the quests, you'll always manage to find spots like these in every single zone in Azeroth. There's always quiet spots that are slightly "hidden" from people. The spots that aren't considered as popular areas, be it farming or questing. I've had zero issue with that on a fresh Nostalrius server so I can't agree with you. 

Now if you were to farm pirates in Tanaris for example, well, that'd be a bad option.

Edited by Bonappetit

what class did you play when you did the grind? Im going to play warrior and fighting or farming beasts is sadly kind of the worst sort of mobs because of relative high armor and hp. But the fact that you can skin them and they are hardly used for quests there is no way around it I guess 

11 minutes ago, Bonappetit said:

Majority of mobs I've farmed weren't required for any of the quests, you'll always manage to find spots like these in every single zone in Azeroth. There's always quiet spots that are slightly "hidden" from people. The spots that aren't considered as popular areas, be it farming or questing. I've had zero issue with that on a fresh Nostalrius server so I can't agree with you. 

Now if you were to farm pirates in Tanaris for example, well, that'd be a bad option.

I hope you will be right with that "hidden" because i will want that to happen also, but still the chance is very low on the other (nods for mining and herbs).

On the old nostalrius was over 150k active acounts, if now comes 50% to play there will wont be so nice for farming for many weeks no mater how "hidden" will be the moobs or others . At any time in game will be over 10k people and dont forget GOLD farmers! who are crazy NOW!

15 minutes ago, Crixx said:

what class did you play when you did the grind? Im going to play warrior and fighting or farming beasts is sadly kind of the worst sort of mobs because of relative high armor and hp. But the fact that you can skin them and they are hardly used for quests there is no way around it I guess 

Farm the ones that are green for you as a warrior, as you will hit and crit them way more often. Trust me, it makes a huge difference between farming Yellow and Green 3 lower levels than you.

23 minutes ago, Crixx said:

I was playing a rogue and buying weapons every 5-10 levels helped tremendously, it's really a big difference. And gold issue won't be of a problem but I don't suggest wasting golds on gear, just the weapons here and there.

Now if you want a fast leveling with not much income, beside a chance of getting a rare non-combat pets,, you could farm the welplings. They're low on health and armor. The problem with them is that even with one person beside you farming is not effective, and trust me, they're usually farmed a lot. I gave up on them soon.

Edited by Bonappetit

Anyone got any more details on the swamp of sorrows or a less suicidal Alliance alternative? 

Are there any areas that are clear of horde and have the cats?

4 minutes ago, DamirH said:

Anyone got any more details on the swamp of sorrows or a less suicidal Alliance alternative? 

Are there any areas that are clear of horde and have the cats?

In 3 or less levels in Swamp you'll get your mount.

6 minutes ago, Bonappetit said:

In 3 or less levels in Swamp you'll get your mount.

Yea but I've never leveled in the Swamp of Sorrows, ever. I have no idea where the cats are, or where to avoid players. Guess I'll have to find out.

IDK if it is a good spot, but what i did to buy my epic mount back in old Nost was to farm Vultures in Deadwind Pass. There is a steady income from greys and occasional green/blue items. I know this is not for OPs level, but eventually he will hit 60.