gnr

[Addon] NotGrid

So I got it set up how I like and so far, it's great. Two things I'd love to see implemented. One of the things about grid that I think is fantastic and why I have been slow to look at luna is the coloration. The fact that the bars are only barely colored but mostly black, and the coloration is in the name only. So when someone takes damage the defecit lights up a bunch so it makes whack a mole a lot easier. Less strain to see where the problems are.

The second thing is it would be fantastic if we could adjust the party frames to different layouts. I'd specifically like 1-4 on top and then 5-8 on bottom and not all of them across. There are other layouts too but that specifically would be great.

So one thing I had a big problem with grid and I'm not sure if it's an inherent issue or something that can be fixed but one of the big things is I like to use the frames for tracking buffs on the raid. And often grid just didn't update at all and it would constantly stop showing the buffs and wouldn't update even if I recast on the person. I haven't used this much but I am seeing even with a dropping of the party and reinviting that it takes some magic clicking for the buffs to reappear on my party mate. I haven't used it in a raid yet so I'll see how chronic this problem is.

Edited by taladril

the addon is awesome

i play both roles healer and tank and one thing im missing as a tank are mana bars

seeing healers mana bars lets me know if im free to pull or not

any chance you could add resource bars?

@gnr I was getting this addon set up and I accidentally messed up the script that goes in the small window when you highlight orientation in the menu. I tried reinstalling the addon but it must be saved in character variables or something. Can you please paste what the script should be there. The notgrid window is no where to be found otherwise.

How do I put more conditionals for buff square. For example I want a purple dot when the target has either Gift of the Wild or Mark of the Wild. How does the syntax work with those two conditions?

On 6/21/2017 at 3:43 AM, Orpheus148 said:

@gnr I was getting this addon set up and I accidentally messed up the script that goes in the small window when you highlight orientation in the menu. I tried reinstalling the addon but it must be saved in character variables or something. Can you please paste what the script should be there. The notgrid window is no where to be found otherwise.

Remove the NotGrid.lua* file in WTF/Account/Accountname/Server/Character/SavedVariabels

Let me rephrase: Can the same (of the 8 available) buff slots be used for both mark of the wild and gift of the wild or do I need to use 2 different ones?

Since this is being bumped, I'll say that quite evidently I don't work on it that much as I also don't play that much. Though a few updates have been pushed throughout the past months. @Cha's request for health frames updating OnUpdate was applied only a short time after he mentioned it. I think I hesitated on doing OnUpdate stuff on assumption that it would be a performance issue but apparently it has really no effect. So following that, the mana/aggro/border now check OnUpdate as do all the buff frames. Meaning @taladril's issue with vanilla Grid(and NotGrid) buffs never properly updating should be fixed with NotGrid.

Arranging/growth direction of the frames from LeftToRight,RigthToLeft,TopToBottom,BottomToTop have all been added.

The only significant bug left I think is Proximity updating. Usually seems to mess up and not be able to correct itself if someone is ported to your location either by summon, portal, or entering an instance. Also I'll probably never support pets. I was messing about with it at one point and found there to be excessive complications with pets being registered as "Unknown" when they first spawn and thus aren't properly entered into the my Roster table. Maybe all that stuff can be fixed with moving it to OnUpdate as well. But we'll see.

@szuszak I've written it without intent of adding mana bars as I find the simplicity of the low mana warning on the border sufficient for raid settings. Though I will admit it's not really good enough for 5mans and the situation you've described. I've found myself clicking on the healer enough times while I've tanked to recognize it as an issue. But one that prob won't get an update soon :(

@Milton No, you can't apply more than one buff to track per square. I suppose this is mostly resultant of the fact that I never intended them to be used as BuffTracking. It was mostly meant for debuff notification. That said, adding some syntax parsing for handling multiple values probably isn't too far fetched so I'll keep it in mind. But for the time being, only one value.

If anyone's using this don't expect anything to be fixed or changed in a rapid manner. I still think about it and throw out minor fixes and additions every once in a while so check the github repo every now and then and look to see if the latest update is new to you. I won't post here for every little thing I add. I still like to use this over Luna when I play and I notice issues with it myself that I want applied. So yeah, just saying I'm not completely dead and it's not abandonware quite yet.

Love the addon! Thank you so much for taking your time to fix this. 

I would love the option for a mana-bar... That's the only thing I'm missing.

Heya,

would love to add this addon but I can't find it in "enabled addons" on the login screen and neither ingame. Do you need any other addon that supports this one? every other addon works like a blast.

br.

19 minutes ago, zneppo said:

Heya,

would love to add this addon but I can't find it in "enabled addons" on the login screen and neither ingame. Do you need any other addon that supports this one? every other addon works like a blast.

br.

Make sure the folder is named the same as the .toc file inside. And not something like NotGrid-Master.

1 hour ago, TheDruidCode said:

Make sure the folder is named the same as the .toc file inside. And not something like NotGrid-Master.

Cheers lad it works now like a charm. Just wondering how come that I am the only one that stumbled over this issue.

Anyways, thanks again.

Just finished doing a major rewrite on the core functionality of this. Not a whole lot will be noticeable from a user standpoint but it's less stupid. That said, mana bars are now in, the proximity issue I talked about above should be gone, per @Milton's request tracking multiple auras on a single icon is now in. Showing party in raid is in. Configuring the unitframes should never require a reloadui for something to take effect(especially /ng reset). @GeneralKappa I've added very basic mouseover-like functionality with "/ngcast spellname" as a macro. I'm not sure if you're looking for something more complex, I think the addon might have doublespell macros or something. I don't want to go very far with it, I feel something that complex should be its own thing - like Clique. But for whatever reason ClassicMouseover handles things a weird way. I dunno. Also pets are more possible now but still not in.

Anyway, I've ran through a couple dungeons and did some BGs with no errors but who knows. If anyone's using this and manages to get red error popups(conflicting versions of healcomm seems to do this, update your other unitframes if you have them) you can always go back to the older version in the releases section on github. And let me know I guess. I think I'll start working on a better menu now.

Hey Gnr,

First, just wanted to say thanks for this  addon.  I'm really liking this Grid spinoff a lot, and it's Healcomm compatibility. 

2. I was wondering if there is a way to disable the RightClick-Menu functionality on the raid frames.  It's really annoying having them popping up when the client doesn't catch my ctrl+rightclick combination properly from my Clique bind. 

1. I was also wondering if there is a way to change colors for Class, Mana, Energy, Rage that the frames use via a setting or editing a Lua file.

Thanks.

Edited by Diz

Hello there.

I was wondering is there any chance for the creator of this addon to add visuall spell icons instead of coloured dots on the corners of the bars ?

SImmilar like there are on grid addon.

Edited by Arturr