Sign in to follow this  
Copey

Balance Druid for pvp?

I heard they can be OP and I heard they are terrible

Im lvling a druid right now as balance which i understand isnt the best way to level 

But how will 60 pvp be with decent gear? worth it ? or should I go a different route for PVP

realm: elysium pvp

60 pvp with 31/0/20 for moonkin form or 30/0/21 to get NS are good specs for balance.Entangle roots with no diminishing returns is OP.Problem is itemization.Most leather gear dont have damage and healing on it so u must choose a mix of cloth with it.

I would rather play a feral druid with full 30/31 points in feral.Stealth/40% crit chance/Ravage is OP/Quick 5 point opener with rip/Bear form OP/Can use full leather gear than cloth/60%+ phys mitigation in bear form+barksin gives more.

Everyone goes resto/swiftmend or whatever for pvp but the dmg is insanely low barely hitting 500 crit dmg on finishers...

Problem with feral is that u dont have reliable heals.Must go out of form to use 3/3.5sec healing touch or even regrowth 2sec...Can be countered if enemy removes bash or root.But a good feral player can be a beast.

10 minutes ago, suhail1200 said:

But a good feral player can be a beast.

Not sure if the pun is intended, but good job anyway!

This reminded me how funny it is that druids have to read a book to learn how to bite someone more ferociously.

Cucker [email protected] 5

Inb4 some forum PvP god comes in and dismantles this entire play saying here's what class x fucked up so this is actually garbage and only showcases bad play from the opponent.

Balance is not bottom tier. But forget about playing Moonkin form. Nobody is going to let you stand still and just all out nuke people and the form is garbage in vanilla anyway.

On 2/8/2017 at 9:04 PM, suhail1200 said:

60 pvp with 31/0/20 for moonkin form or 30/0/21 to get NS are good specs for balance.Entangle roots with no diminishing returns is OP.Problem is itemization.Most leather gear dont have damage and healing on it so u must choose a mix of cloth with it.

I would rather play a feral druid with full 30/31 points in feral.Stealth/40% crit chance/Ravage is OP/Quick 5 point opener with rip/Bear form OP/Can use full leather gear than cloth/60%+ phys mitigation in bear form+barksin gives more.

Everyone goes resto/swiftmend or whatever for pvp but the dmg is insanely low barely hitting 500 crit dmg on finishers...

Problem with feral is that u dont have reliable heals.Must go out of form to use 3/3.5sec healing touch or even regrowth 2sec...Can be countered if enemy removes bash or root.But a good feral player can be a beast.

1. Nobody gives a shit about the armor rating from Leather in PvP. It's perfectly acceptable to play Balance with a mix of cloth and leather.
  2. Moonkin form is garbage. 3% crit and some negligible armor. If you need to tank up in an emergency you have Barkskin on a 60s cooldown, your own heals and Dire Bear Form.

@Rafale

Check out the description in the Youtube video I posted up above. That's the PvP spec Finalflash uses.

You can (and probably should) make minor edits based on your current gear. But essentially a Balance Druid's greatest advantage is their ability to kite and outlast their opponent so that's what you should aim to do. Rarely do you get to free cast more than a few non-instant spells.

On 27/2/2017 at 8:37 PM, proofwashere said:
  1. Nobody gives a shit about the armor rating from Leather in PvP. It's perfectly acceptable to play Balance with a mix of cloth and leather.

I've heard this many times, but I still think that armor rating always has a reason and PvP makes no difference

Saw an ud mage 60 called Finalflash on Elysium camping grey players at Redridge moutains during more than 6 hours...

Is this the same waste? :P

6 hours ago, techtu said:

I feel so much pity.. dont wanna know anything more about u.

/quit

jerk!

1368042691223.jpg

Edited by Finalflash

Notice that he is flasked & using greater arcane elixir, also this might be from late vanilla, but it's still fun...

For what it's worth, he isn't in form either.

Edited by mbee