Sign in to follow this  
Ebabil

Clever Traps in PVP ?

2 hours ago, Narzilx said:

yes, but it's a useless talent.

ty very much , so with 2 point clever trap talent , duration of freezing trap in pvp will be 26 sec right ?

Yes, it can be 26seconds, but freezing trap works on the heartbeat system and will rarely ever be over 12sec duration. Rendering the talent useless as mentioned before.

I don't really see how it is useless, an increase duration to the slow trap, and more damage to immolation trap which will make it do about 930 dmg with humanoid slaying. Immo trap is situational but it is more reliable dps than aimed if your a lureing players in them.

7 minutes ago, orilt said:

I don't really see how it is useless, an increase duration to the slow trap, and more damage to immolation trap which will make it do about 930 dmg with humanoid slaying. Immo trap is situational but it is more reliable dps than aimed if your a lureing players in them.

You don't have any points to spare for it in a PvP specc. You also don't want to ever dot a player up with immolation trap assuming you're 1v1ing the guy. The duration of the frost trap is already enough for WSG, people come through it before it ends.

So wait, you are newer dotting up a warrior? What does ss do... 500 dmg at 60? And almost 1k from immo trap? I am well aware that dots break cc and scatter, but this will kill a target even faster. Also the slow trap is great for zoneing people, take a fight at the entrance/exits of wsg and you'll have the edge.

Also, i'm fucking tired of people looking for the "best" pvp spec, the only talents that is a must in pvp as a hunter is Down to 20-21 in marksmen, rest of them is situational.

1 minute ago, orilt said:

So wait, you are newer dotting up a warrior? What does ss do... 500 dmg at 60? And almost 1k from immo trap? I am well aware that dots break cc and scatter, but this will kill a target even faster. Also the slow trap is great for zoneing people, take a fight at the entrance/exits of wsg and you'll have the edge.

Also, i'm fucking tired of people looking for the "best" pvp spec, the only talents that is a must in pvp as a hunter is Down to 20-21 in marksmen, rest of them is situational.

If you want to win against any class you don't want to dot them up yes. Using serpent sting in pvp is a bad thing to do. I also mentioned that you use frost trap in WSG, but the increased duration will do nothing because people get through it before it ends since it lasts for 30seconds already. I'll make it simple, if you're premading you'll never use immolation trap nor serpent sting and if you use serpent sting or immo in 1v1 you are doing something wrong again.

Yes, i agree that in some scenarios you shouldn't use dots, especially against mages and other casters because they take more dmg against psysical dmg, so it's obvious that you want do get a frost trap on them. But against a class as rogue, warrior or shaman(especially if using a shield) it would be better to throw Down a immo trap for more straightup dps, the more time you have them trapped the more time he will have time to get back his intercept, or his mana reg to kick in, i'm obviously alliance but would you really bother trapping a holy pala and let him mana reg both through bow, or keep the pressur on him? Obviously, it's situational knowing when you should use either trap for more control or more dps is vital.

I guess we have different views on how great the slow great is, sure they can move through it, but an additional 9 sec on top of 30 is not bad, you can easily force a fight at the entrance of wsg that last longer than 30 sec and force them to stay in the tunnel(or the majority). It's not just a "onetime" slow it's a huge area that "everyone" will be slowed if they step in it, it's a good variable to have an additional 9 sec on. It also allows for better zoning in other areas in wsg, but also in other bgs and World pvp.

Either way lets wrap this up. Depending on if your a pve or mainly doing pvp you will at most have 20 points to throw in surv, based on if you skip hawk and imp mark or not. You will be going for surefooted because the resist on slow effects is great, so you will be stuck on choosing survivalist talent or cleaver traps, or entrapment and wingclip to 5point. But straightup i think entrapment and wingclip is unreliable same with imp conc, so it would be a choice between 4% hp or the better traps.

As i said earliere it's a individual preference to what you want to use your surv talent points on, cleaver traps Works and i think it's great if you wanna use it, then do it.

Edited by orilt
kek spelling

On 29.03.2017 at 3:47 AM, Narzilx said:

Yes, it can be 26seconds, but freezing trap works on the heartbeat system and will rarely ever be over 12sec duration. Rendering the talent useless as mentioned before.

base is 20 sec with heartbeat it will be down to 12 sec.

then with clever traps it will be base 26 sec and with heartbeat system down to 18 sec right ?

because if its working like that this is not a useless talent .

23 hours ago, Ebabil said:

base is 20 sec with heartbeat it will be down to 12 sec.

then with clever traps it will be base 26 sec and with heartbeat system down to 18 sec right ?

because if its working like that this is not a useless talent .

Havn't tested it, but seems to make sense? Needs some testing i guess.

2 Talents seems alot for a single purpose of a trap?

4 hours ago, orilt said:

Havn't tested it, but seems to make sense? Needs some testing i guess.

2 Talents seems alot for a single purpose of a trap?

if its working like that 12 sec vs 18 sec it s a very huge  diffrance in pvp especially in 1v1 pvp.

5 hours ago, Ebabil said:

if its working like that 12 sec vs 18 sec it s a very huge  diffrance in pvp especially in 1v1 pvp.

Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Players now have an increasing chance to break free of the effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than 15 seconds.

This is how the heartbeat resist works in vanilla. If it works otherwise then it is not blizzlike and bugged. Hard cc is not supposed to be max 12sec against players.

On 05.04.2017 at 11:27 AM, Narzilx said:

Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Players now have an increasing chance to break free of the effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than 15 seconds.

This is how the heartbeat resist works in vanilla. If it works otherwise then it is not blizzlike and bugged. Hard cc is not supposed to be max 12sec against players.

if it will be allways 15 sec with clever traps it can be very powerfull  in pvp because trap cooldown is 15 sec.

this means traplock the enemy

1 hour ago, Ebabil said:

if it will be allways 15 sec with clever traps it can be very powerfull  in pvp because trap cooldown is 15 sec.

this means traplock the enemy

my god......... >.<

Plays tranq bot, wants to do high dps. 1 polymorph negates all those talents you have in bm for pet dps, useless in PvP. If you're bad at pet positioning, again those talents are useless in raids because your pet will die. OF COURSE it depends on the player. As someone who wanted to raid and PvP,  that build did me well . It's 2h reliant in pvp

12 hours ago, cargalia said:

Wasn't too hard. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZgVohthtI0wbRh

Don't respond with a try hard bm spec plz.

You dont need monster slaying for pvp.

Entanglement arguably more useful than imp. wing clip.

Clever traps is not useful for pvp. This is a pve talent (unless you're going Caster Hunter lol).

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZgVohthtcibckh

Keep in mind in BGs, you're a viper sting bot, supporting your casters/healers. Not dump your load DPS bot.

8 hours ago, cargalia said:

Plays tranq bot, wants to do high dps. 1 polymorph negates all those talents you have in bm for pet dps, useless in PvP. If you're bad at pet positioning, again those talents are useless in raids because your pet will die. OF COURSE it depends on the player. As someone who wanted to raid and PvP,  that build did me well . It's 2h reliant in pvp

Sure it might be ok to go survival for casuals, but if you want to be good at the game or are good then you won't go survival :) The go to pvp specc is 23/21/7 btw.
If your pet dies in raids then your raid is not good, healers keep them up fine in mine on every boss, also yes I do position my pet properly it's not hard to do so.
A polymorph will not negate anything since you'll just dispel your pets poly lol

6 hours ago, Xylon666Darkstar said:

You dont need monster slaying for pvp.

Entanglement arguably more useful than imp. wing clip.

Clever traps is not useful for pvp. This is a pve talent (unless you're going Caster Hunter lol).

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cZgVohthtcibckh

Keep in mind in BGs, you're a viper sting bot, supporting your casters/healers. Not dump your load DPS bot.

Taken out of context, that build is if I had to put both PvP and Pve together. The clever traps for pve duration, the trap mastery 2 /2 (old nost the 2 points were enough to not resist as opposed to none, I wont challenge that single point cause I didn't test it) 

As for entanglement.I'm not going to argue a game playstyle because that's not an argument. As someone that uses iceblock as last resort or mid fight. Wing clip does well for me considering there's no CD.

6 hours ago, Narzilx said:

Sure it might be ok to go survival for casuals, but if you want to be good at the game or are good then you won't go survival :) The go to pvp specc is 23/21/7 btw.
If your pet dies in raids then your raid is not good, healers keep them up fine in mine on every boss, also yes I do position my pet properly it's not hard to do so.
A polymorph will not negate anything since you'll just dispel your pets poly lol

I haven't played my Hunter since nost shutdown. What ability does that ? No item links