IzZaGod

Cat form stealth bar?

Does prowling in cat form not have it's own action bar? I can't seem to figure out a way to get it. I use an action bar add on called zbar so I'm hoping it's not because of that.

Prowling has it's own action bar in the standard user interface.

Edit: I am wrong of course, did not understand that the OP means Prowl and not Cat Form. Sorry ;)

Edited by Mahtan

seems you play another game. I do not have an own action bar for prowl.

if i rember right the addon prowler does this.

4 minutes ago, PrioR said:

seems you play another game. I do not have an own action bar for prowl.

if i rember right the addon prowler does this.

Oooh ima have to get that add on then. Tx!

You do get a cat form bar, but not another one when stealthed. I'd recommend using macros to save action bar space (unstealthed shred, stealthed ravage for example).

1 hour ago, Lorilay said:

You do get a cat form bar, but not another one when stealthed. I'd recommend using macros to save action bar space (unstealthed shred, stealthed ravage for example).

Can you share that Shred/Ravage macro, please? It's a great idea!

1 hour ago, Mahtan said:

Can you share that Shred/Ravage macro, please? It's a great idea!

/script i=1;m=0;while(UnitBuff("player",i)~=nil) do if(strfind(UnitBuff("player",i),"Ability_Ambush")~=nil) then m=1; end;i=i+1;end; c=CastSpellByName; if(m==1) then c("Ravage");else c("Shred");end;

@Lorilay please avoid using Quote instead of Code for macros, it's hard to quote you post.

I just wanted to clarify that using `strfind(UnitBuff("player",i),"Ability_Ambush")` is not totally safe, it check just the texture path and it's ambiguous (e.g., Shadowmeld has the same texture).

3 hours ago, WobLight said:

@Lorilay please avoid using Quote instead of Code for macros, it's hard to quote you post.

I just wanted to clarify that using `strfind(UnitBuff("player",i),"Ability_Ambush")` is not totally safe, it check just the texture path and it's ambiguous (e.g., Shadowmeld has the same texture).

Well, you aren't gonna be shredding anything while shadowmelded in the caster form, so I guess it works well enough.

14 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

Well, you aren't gonna be shredding anything while shadowmelded in the caster form, so I guess it works well enough.

that was just an example, of course shadowmeld and cat form are exclusive, so you're not going to notice it in common usage, but there may be other items or quest related buff using that texture. Anyway, it was more a general note on its usage, stealth texture is not that common but other buff/debuff are.

EDIT:

It could be messy for night elf rogues

Edited by WobLight

Just as a side note for silent readers: There are several versions of Prowler out there. Some versions pack Prowler, IsMounted and DeShift together, but only Prowler and IsMounted are necessary together due to dependencies in Prowler 1.7c.

I also want to point out that Prowler must be activated in the menu you reach with /prowler, make sure that "Prowler enabled" is green and not red. Yes, it took me 10 minutes of wasted time to figure that out! xD