Talesavo

18 gold per Elixir of the Mongoose

This is getting ridiculous. Even in the relatively low pop Anathema server, it's becoming increasingly unrealistic to pop even the most basic of pots. You changed an entire AQ process to be more vanilla like, but are unwilling to budge on something that clearly needs fixing and impacts more people. When will it change?

6 minutes ago, Talesavo said:

This is getting ridiculous. Even in the relatively low pop Anathema server, it's becoming increasingly unrealistic to pop even the most basic of pots. You changed an entire AQ process to be more vanilla like, but are unwilling to budge on something that clearly needs fixing and impacts more people. When will it change?

how do you want to change this?

It's not about the Grind, I have a Grand Marshal Warrior and Field Marshal Paladin. It's resource scarcity that's the problem. Anyone that's herbed knows the problems with the high-level nodes. Out of 40'ish plaguebloom nodes I hit, I'd have 60'ish percent of those being single taps and polling other herbers about their picks has suggested similar results. It's a major problem, also nerfing DM:E droprates on herbs has only made Gromsblood, an herb you could get for 11g a stack, shoot to fucking 55gold a stack. Who does this serve to benefit? Certainly not the community. Gold sellers on the other hand...

Atleast on anathema it's harder to herb now when the population is 2-4k instead of 8k polulation. Maybe do something about the spawn timers? I dont know if the same dynamic respawn from nostalrius is implemented here aswell but what ever the system is, it's clearly not working very well because after few hours of herbing you are lucky to get one stack of plaguebloom.

54 minutes ago, Revo said:

how do you want to change this?

Personally, for what it's worth, I'd like to see the herb spawn rate adjusted to the current pop levels.  These inflated prices lead me to believe they haven't changed it from the Nostalrius dynamic spawn rate, before the population was split up between 2 other servers, when the avg server population was 9-11k.  Farming herbs has become progressively harder since Anathema relaunched, the herb prices have trended north as the population has trended south...and now that we seem to have plateaued around 3-5k online during peak....the herb spawn rate is just painfully low.  

that is my hypothesis on why you're paying 18g per mongoose, and what I would like to see changed.

People are hording herbs. Even if you increase the Spawnrates, there are people with over 200 Black Lotus in their Bank. These people would just stock their bank up even more

Free market.

If you don't think it's worth it then don't buy it.

If you do buy it then you obviously think it's worth the price.

The Dynamic spawn rate is worth looking into. It might have been good for the 10k population the server once had. Has the dynamic herb spawning caused re-spawn timers to drop below normal rates due to there being NO one in those zones? It isn't just Herbs, I've seen Arcane Crystal increase as well. 

Suggestion:
Check the math on Dynamic spawns make sure Herb spawn rate is (Dynamic) >or= (Normal) when there is 1 person in the zone and 1,000. If the math is off having 10 people in a zone could cause Herb spawns to drop below normal rates. due to the increase in Arcane Crystal as well I would guess this might be the case.

If you are going to Nerf a Farm 1 place like DM east (We all agree is probably OP) you should buff a farm some where else. Make Mobs in DM west have a chance to drop herbs.

5 minutes ago, Drehar said:

The Dynamic spawn rate is worth looking into. It might have been good for the 10k population the server once had. Has the dynamic herb spawning caused re-spawn timers to drop below normal rates due to there being NO one in those zones? It isn't just Herbs, I've seen Arcane Crystal increase as well. 

Suggestion:
Check the math on Dynamic spawns make sure Herb spawn rate is (Dynamic) >or= (Normal) when there is 1 person in the zone and 1,000. If the math is off having 10 people in a zone could cause Herb spawns to drop below normal rates. due to the increase in Arcane Crystal as well I would guess this might be the case.

If you are going to Nerf a Farm 1 place like DM east (We all agree is probably OP) you should buff a farm some where else. Make Mobs in DM west have a chance to drop herbs.

Why should somewhere else be buffed?

Herb Nodes in the world Yield a Static number of herbs per hour. Considering each herb zone is camped 24/7. DM East also contributes herbs per hour relative to the number of people farming it which is variable.  The total Herb Yeild on the server is Nodes+DME farming, If you Nerf DME farming gains (Both Herbs and Gold drops) Less people will farm it due to it being less profitable. So that in it self has a slight snowball effect.
We now have Nodes + DME - DMENerfs. Since DMENerfs is not 0 your total herb production is going to be Less. We could add a + to the Herb equation to cancel out the -DMENerfs.
Nodes + DME - DMENerfs + DMWBuffs.

It doesn't have to be a DMW buff I'm just saying maybe we can consider balancing the equation if we are going to put in a negative value.

As for Dynamic spawns The server is Top heavy now. Most of the people that started fresh with new Elysium servers ~(December 17th) are now 60. The ratio of people leveling in Herbing zones is Less then then it was before and the number of people in those zones Farming Herbs is about the same. This could push the Dynamic Spawns to SUB Live like numbers if the code wasn't made correctly.

I get 5 Elixir of the Mongoose for 12,50 gold on Darrowshire Horde. *Nelson ha ha*

relatively low pop Anathema server

Anathema is around 2,5 times the population of an average retail vanilla realm. It is quite schizophrenic to call it a low population realm but complain about herb prices at the same time. ^^

Anathema isn't 2.5 times the population of Vanilla realms any more. Live IIRC had around 3k people per server, Anathema gets up to 4k

Not every server in retail was populated "high". That's why I wrote "average retail vanilla realm".

Some people like me even picked "low" populated realms in vanilla for good reasons. The high population does not only come with advantages. You should get used to that reality :D

Seriously, Zeth'Kur! Herb paradise :)

Make all the gold!
Step 1. Create a character on Zeth Kur
Step 2. Farm all the herbs
Step 3. Wait
Step 4. Transfer
Profit!