gazzlowe

Is it normal to get banned without warning here?

Not saying that server is bad, but it kinda sucks when you can get banned for accidently happening to abuse something without warning/information about thing being against rules being said somewhere (though i would not even notice that).

Well you know some people are not kind of living wowhead being.

If this is standard way of dealing with such things and you got somehow offended of this msg well feel free to increase my ban duration from 4 days to perma.

Typically bans for abusing an exploit go beyond someone who happens to stumble upon a bug, and more toward people who knowingly abuse a bug. If, for example, you farmed mobs that summon infinite adds that reward experience, that would fall under the latter category.

35 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Typically bans for abusing an exploit go beyond someone who happens to stumble upon a bug, and more toward people who knowingly abuse a bug. If, for example, you farmed mobs that summon infinite adds that reward experience, that would fall under the latter category.

Well someone who i was questing with (grp of 4 peep myself included) wanted to advice me some kind of clever exp farm.

How can i know it is bug abusing if i lack on retail experiences and there's no official warning about it......

+ Even now i don't have a 100% clear clue what is this bug about after little research as i could not find enough (any) informations about swarm mobs on databse, but i guess after events that happened they are not supposed to give exp or spawn so much or they should be having more health?

It's not any hard to believe for clever mechanics (grind spots) that people are not aware off as myself know 2 other probably gamebreaking spots to farm stuff that noone (or i have never seen anyone like that since 2010) knows about.

Warnings arent needed. You should know the rules. You cant shoot someone and get away for a warning cause u didnt know killing is bad mkay

Just now, Justme said:

Warnings arent needed. You should know the rules. You cant shoot someone and get away for a warning cause u didnt know killing is bad mkay

Did you read the original post or not?

Show me a rule saying that i'm not allowed to farm swarmers in tanaris.

12 minutes ago, gazzlowe said:

Did you read the original post or not?

Show me a rule saying that i'm not allowed to farm swarmers in tanaris.

Section "IX. Sanctions" here: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/21966-terms-of-use-rules-regulations/

If something is too good to be true it probably is, if you notice that you earn tons of XP for minimal effort you are supposed to use your head and realize it's a bug - and understand that exploiting this bug will have consequences

9 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

Section "IX. Sanctions" here: https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic/21966-terms-of-use-rules-regulations/

If something is too good to be true it probably is, if you notice that you earn tons of XP for minimal effort you are supposed to use your head and realize it's a bug - and understand that exploiting this bug will have consequences

This.  Stop moaning and take your lunps OP.

4 days isn't the end of the world. Quit QQ.

5 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin said:

If something is too good to be true it probably is, if you notice that you earn tons of XP for minimal effort you are supposed to use your head and realize it's a bug.

As i said even though the game is too old, there are still some undiscovered grinding mechanics why cannot one just figure out that the thing he found is one of them instead of bug?

3 minutes ago, PeterGryphon said:

This.  Stop moaning and take your lunps OP.

4 days isn't the end of the world. Quit QQ.

4 days i huge gap when it comes during period when you're not too bussy with irl stuff (some kind of vacation)

8 minutes ago, gazzlowe said:

4 days i huge gap when it comes during period when you're not too bussy with irl stuff (some kind of vacation)

You should probably take your lump with the understanding that it could've been a permanent ban, and a dollop of humility on the side because you got caught exploiting. 

There are no magic grinding tricks. there will never be a magic grinding trick, and if you Do find one it's obviously an exploit that you shouldn't be doing =) 

1 hour ago, Hudson said:

Some things are taken harsh here though. For instance someone was recently banned for having altered models and told it was an advantage. Last time I checked cosmetic appeal gives you zero advantage over anyone else. While they were wrong for breaking the rules and deserved to get punished I don't think a perm ban is the right way to go about it but maybe a month ban.

Nothing would kill a server faster imo, especially when they are just told to get lost after a harsh ban over something minor, it's not like they were gold farming, botting, or fly hacking.

1 minute ago, Naeras said:

You should probably take your lump with the understanding that it could've been a permanent ban, and a dollop of humility on the side because you got caught exploiting. 

There are no magic grinding tricks. there will never be a magic grinding trick, and if you Do find one it's obviously an exploit that you shouldn't be doing =) 

I'd be much more ok with permanent ban as now i doubt ill hit my goals (to be level 60 preraid before examination period), which might later cause me irl issues due to wow addiction :) 

1 minute ago, TTL said:

Some things are taken harsh here though. For instance someone was recently banned for having altered models and told it was an advantage. Last time I checked cosmetic appeal gives you zero advantage over anyone else. While they were wrong for breaking the rules and deserved to get punished I don't think a perm ban is the right way to go about it but maybe a month ban.

Nothing would kill a server faster imo, especially when they are just told to get lost after a harsh ban over something minor, it's not like they were gold farming, botting, or fly hacking.

that guy actually taunted the GMs on discord about it, and was completely obnoxious. =) No loss to the community, IMO. 

8 minutes ago, Naeras said:

Also you're being wrong about magic game mechanics.

I'll leave there one example as i don't plan to use that.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?npc=2919#wh-comments You can just spawn infinite amount of these mobs and aoe them down=ez money.

4 minutes ago, Naeras said:

that guy actually taunted the GMs on discord about it, and was completely obnoxious. =) No loss to the community, IMO. 

Modifying game files in any way has a zero tolerence policy here and correctly so.  Admins do not know how people have altered game files, only that they have been changed.  Instant and perm ban. This is very clear in the TOU here.

As for the OP here, you knew it was an exploit when you did it. I personally think your punishment is fair as well.

Fine job admins.

10 minutes ago, TTL said:

they cant check if he only changed some colors. mb he also edited some walls etc. thats why there is a rule to not change the game files.

40 minutes ago, gazzlowe said:

As i said even though the game is too old, there are still some undiscovered grinding mechanics why cannot one just figure out that the thing he found is one of them instead of bug?

Every bug exploiter and abuser always uses that same old excuse. It doesn't fly.