Sign in to follow this  
Raziya

Badge of the Swarmguard bugtracker thread!

Hey there, folks!
https://elysium-project.org/bugtracker/issue/4413

Here's a thread about Badge of the Swarmguard being broken. It's nice for hunters, and I have one, so I'm spreading the word about it being broken. Please log in to Elysium's website and upvote it so the folks doing fixes see it soon!! Thank you <3

It might look like you can upvote without logging in, but it doesn't really work. You must be logged in to Elysium's website in order to upvote the thread.

If you care, don't forget to browse the other hunter bug threads and upvote them too if you think they're pressing concerns! Here's a search for hunter threads on the bug tracker:
https://elysium-project.org/bugtracker/search?title=&labels[]=2&milestone=

Edit 1: my guildie says there's a "github" for Elysium. Apparently that's better for getting bug reports noticed, so I'm gonna look into it and update this thread when I have more info.

Edit 2: I posted a thread there as well. Hopefully this bug can be fixed soon!
https://github.com/elysium-project/server/issues/670

Thanks for reading, folks!

Are you trying to proc it through melee or ranged attacks?  I remember doing math on this awhile ago and determined that hunter's ranged shots were too slow to be effective with this trinket.  I didn't save the math nor do I recall where I found the proc rate I used when doing it, but your results don't surprise me that much.

From what I understand, it's good for a hunter. It procs off multi-shot, is supposed to proc MUCH more often... and the armor reduction works wonders for all our primary shots! There are some top-end hunters that possess this trinket currently on Anathema... but soon discovered it was broken. And not in the good way.

I'm entirely new to Vanilla, so I'm learning as I go. However, it's quite apparent that it's supposed to be good. Correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to know the true nature of and place for this trinket :p

Anybody happens to know the proc chance of this trinket, by the way? Me and one of my guildies were looking for it but were unable to find any decent info.

If the proc rate is high enough that trinket should be very good, probably the best active trinket (assuming you could get to max stacks in like 10-15 sec).

4 minutes ago, Pwnjin said:

Anybody happens to know the proc chance of this trinket, by the way? Me and one of my guildies were looking for it but were unable to find any decent info.

If the proc rate is high enough that trinket should be very good, probably the best active trinket (assuming you could get to max stacks in like 10-15 sec).

Aye, check out the Github thread. I link to an archived Thottbot thread where people comment that the proc rate is crazy high and other stuff like that.

Or, follow the link here...
https://web.archive.org/web/20070510001706/http://thottbot.com/i21670

Thanks, going to check that later, i got the idea from those videos in the bug tracker. Ive upvoted btw, maybe one day i will also get to play with that trinket :D

1 minute ago, Pwnjin said:

Thanks, going to check that later, i got the idea from those videos in the bug tracker. Ive upvoted btw, maybe one day i will also get to play with that trinket :D

Thank you for the support! Here's hoping this gets fixed soon ^^

I feel procs and stuff like that are "custom" nature of private servers. On old nost vis'kag was super good cause it had high proc, here its way less making it rather subpar. If they were actually able to tweak proc chances easily they could also fine tune other items i guess. Would be nice to get an official feedback regarding "procs issues" at some point. 

11 hours ago, Morathe said:

I feel procs and stuff like that are "custom" nature of private servers. On old nost vis'kag was super good cause it had high proc, here its way less making it rather subpar. If they were actually able to tweak proc chances easily they could also fine tune other items i guess. Would be nice to get an official feedback regarding "procs issues" at some point. 

They seem to be harder data to determine. How can one know the original exact chance of something easily on a luck-based item? An estimation is probably the most anyone can give. Thankfully, there's plenty of feedback for this particular item and hopefully it'll go to good use.

If you find anything more you could add, please forward it to either or both threads!

On 6/26/2017 at 7:44 AM, Blutzz said:

this shit is still bugged, pls fix

According to the github, the code has been "merged." I believe this means it will go into effect on our servers during some future update, along with other "merged" data. Correct me if I'm wrong, I dunno how all this techno-hooey works.

I hope that day is soon. :)