Arachniid1900

Found a pair of botters

Hello,

I found a pair of very obvious botters. following eachother, same cast sequences, and moving at right angles.

They are from Anathema server, and their names are Failed and Hadopk.

Thank you

You need to screenshot it and make an ingame ticket.

The server seems to have stopped caring about bots. I reported several and they were still there 2 days later doing the exact same laps, hadn't moved at all, couldn't be more obvious. They actually overleveled the mobs down to a gray con because they had grinded same lap for so long without the owners moving them. It's hard to believe such obvious bots can run for so long without a GM noticing, and this is with tickets up for the bots.

Reported a pair  of botters last night  and got answers  from a gm under an hour  that  they banned  both  of em, along with  6 other  bots and locked their  ip.

So ofc they are still chasing bots and  goldsellers.

If you find a bot, Just make an Ingame ticket  and take an ss.

15 hours ago, Drain said:

The server seems to have stopped caring about bots. I reported several and they were still there 2 days later doing the exact same laps, hadn't moved at all, couldn't be more obvious. They actually overleveled the mobs down to a gray con because they had grinded same lap for so long without the owners moving them. It's hard to believe such obvious bots can run for so long without a GM noticing, and this is with tickets up for the bots.

We actually need to verify player reports, which is why sometimes you see the bots remain since no GM has had the opportunity to verify them. Bots do not actually stay online 24/7 all the time.

OP, make a  in-game ticket: red question mark, stuck, still stuck page a GM and write their names down. No need of a screenshot for bots, just make sure you got the names right. Including race and class can help in case you mistype the name.

If you have a GTX card you can record with shadowplay and upload them to youtube for free. Worked on a bunch of botters and gliders so far.

2 minutes ago, Voice said:

If you have a GTX card you can record with shadowplay and upload them to youtube for free. Worked on a bunch of botters and gliders so far.

As Pottu said in the previous post, this is not really necessary because the GM team follows up on bot reports with an independent investigation. When filling out the ticket, it is also helpful to include the things that stood out to make you think they were botting.

On 5/19/2017 at 6:00 AM, Pottu said:

We actually need to verify player reports, which is why sometimes you see the bots remain since no GM has had the opportunity to verify them. Bots do not actually stay online 24/7 all the time.

OP, make a  in-game ticket: red question mark, stuck, still stuck page a GM and write their names down. No need of a screenshot for bots, just make sure you got the names right. Including race and class can help in case you mistype the name.

Goto a starting zone, spend 20-30 minutes and you will see any number of bots using either glide or a similar program to run, kill mob, run kill mob, run kill mob eat / drink, rinse repeat, SAME exact pattern each and ever single time.

Oh and these are the same ones that have names like JKJKKKJJJK or Rsrsrser crap like that.

You wanna get rid of gold spammers, then look at any account level 10 that got to level 10 without turning in a single quest.  If i was to pull a number outta my ass I'd say 99 percent of those folks are your gold spammer and bots Right there.

Another spot, the turtles along the docks by gadget.  You'll see bots there daily killing in the same pattern, stoping at the same exact spot, drinking / eating in the same exact spots for hours on end.

Hell anyone with 10 to 15 mins and half a brain can spot a bot in no time.

20 hours ago, Tahtanka said:

Goto a starting zone, spend 20-30 minutes and you will see any number of bots using either glide or a similar program to run, kill mob, run kill mob, run kill mob eat / drink, rinse repeat, SAME exact pattern each and ever single time.

Oh and these are the same ones that have names like JKJKKKJJJK or Rsrsrser crap like that.

You wanna get rid of gold spammers, then look at any account level 10 that got to level 10 without turning in a single quest.  If i was to pull a number outta my ass I'd say 99 percent of those folks are your gold spammer and bots Right there.

Another spot, the turtles along the docks by gadget.  You'll see bots there daily killing in the same pattern, stoping at the same exact spot, drinking / eating in the same exact spots for hours on end.

Hell anyone with 10 to 15 mins and half a brain can spot a bot in no time.

You do realise this isnt a commercial enterprise? The GMs are doing their work as a hobby and are not compensated with wages as blizzard GMs are. This means that time is severely limited and they will have to rely of player reports, even if many bots indeed are very obviously bots and anyone with half a brain could spot one.

Well put. Locking this thread, don't know why it wasn't done sooner. For any reports like this, use our in-game report system via the Stuck->Still Stuck prompts to make a ticket.