bellakor

Texnos (Priest) on elysium is a NINJA (Proof)

The Priest knew it was BIS and that I was going to use for Tanking/Fury DW... he decided to be greedy and rolled need so he could sell it for gold... players beware

This is not an example of "ninja".  Two players rolled 'NEED' on a BOE, and the other guy won the roll.  That you wanted to use the item is irrelevant.  That "The Priest" wanted to sell the item is irrelevant.

Nothing was ninja'd.  You feel entitled to an item because you can use it, the Priest feels entitled to the gold that could be obtained by selling said item.  Two players rolled 'NEED', but only one player can win the roll.

This should also be posted on the Elysium subforums (if you must post it at all).  Here is a link to a GM post on the subject of "ninja looting".  Feel free to disagree with my assessment (I'm correct, BTW -- so good luck) and take it up with a GM (prepare to be disappointed).

That's not a ninja. Next time you should try to actually KNOW WHAT A NINJA IS before you accuse people... god damn people are dumb.

Its fully legit that he needs on it.

From that gold he can buy stuff which is bis for him.

Hes not a ninja, but calling out spmeone for something on forum is not allowed.

Think about youre whine.

Yeah it sucks that you can use it and wanted it.

But the majority of the time with a BOE drops everyone just rolls need because theres always someone who waits until the others greed then rolls need themselves an causes issues.

7 hours ago, Vollfos said:

Its fully legit that he needs on it.

From that gold he can buy stuff which is bis for him.

Hes not a ninja, but calling out spmeone for something on forum is not allowed.

Think about youre whine.

You could extend that logic (or lack of it) to all boe drops regardless of a player's class or professions. But most people don't do that because they would be seen as the greedy ninjas they are.  

If you don't state in advance that you are planning on rolling need on boes and then roll need on something you can't use then you are a ninja.

2 minutes ago, Hurricane2 said:

You could extend that logic (or lack of it) to all boe drops regardless of a player's class or professions. But most people don't do that because they would be seen as the greedy ninjas they are.  

If you don't state in advance that you are planning on rolling need on boes and then roll need on something you can't use then you are a ninja.

no you are not. Its a boe.

12 hours ago, Jeddite said:

This should also be posted on the Elysium subforums (if you must post it at all).  Here is a link to a GM post on the subject of "ninja looting".  Feel free to disagree with my assessment (I'm correct, BTW -- so good luck) and take it up with a GM (prepare to be disappointed).

It's not that we disagree with your assesment, although we do, it's that you are simply wrong and the arrogance with which you flaunt your narrow mindedness is amusing as long as we don't have to group with you which won't happen since you admit you will ninja all boes regardless of your class or profession.

1 hour ago, Hurricane2 said:

It's not that we disagree with your assesment, although we do, it's that you are simply wrong and the arrogance with which you flaunt your narrow mindedness is amusing as long as we don't have to group with you which won't happen since you admit you will ninja all boes regardless of your class or profession.

Lol what a holier than thou position to try to take. As butthurt as it seems you are about this issue, that doesn't change the fact that rolling need on a BoE is not considered a ninja at all by the majority of the private server community. This has been discussed over and over again on this forum which you are very active on, yet you insist on labeling others as ninja's when they are not.

15 minutes ago, Haestingas said:

Lol what a holier than thou position to try to take. As butthurt as it seems you are about this issue, that doesn't change the fact that rolling need on a BoE is not considered a ninja at all by the majority of the private server community. This has been discussed over and over again on this forum which you are very active on, yet you insist on labeling others as ninja's when they are not.

The majority of players on this project's servers have stated that rolling need on boes that you can't use with out stating in advance that you would do so is considered ninja looting.  The poll in one of the many threads on here shows that.  Trying to argue against the majority of the community, the game design, and the poll numbers is just dumb on your part.

Rolling need on a BoE isn't a ninja because all players benefit equally from receiving the BoE. The item can either be equipped for an upgrade, or sold for gold for an upgrade. I used to think more about letting the people who would DIRECTLY benefit win the item, until I saw first a Skull Flame Shield go to a warrior because the group was nice and all passed, only for that huge piece of shit to sell it on the AH after saying he would equip. Then it happened again with a krol blade, the group passed to a rogue and the piece of shit sold it on the AH. THOSE ARE NINJAS, and if everyone follows your stupid ass strat of passing then this kind of BS happens all the damn time.

The best way to avoid TRUE ninja's is for everyone to roll need on anything remotely valuable UNLESS TALKED ABOUT BEFORE THE RUN. It's the most fair to the group as a whole, and prevents true ninja's from happening. If someone wins the roll and wants to pass it to the person who would maybe equip, then good for them for being so generous.

I would rather see 1000 flurry blades go to priests to sell than see 1 go to some person claiming they will equip and then turn around and sell it anyway.

It is greedy and is a ninja.  When you hit greed on green boes but then a blue or purple boe drops that's worth 100g you change your mind and roll need you are the definition of a ninja.  If you believe that rolling need on boes isn't a ninja then you would do that on all boes, not just the expensive ones.  Just warn your group in advance that you think you are entitled to the expensive items.

I wouldn't group with that priest. 

Even if i needed the money, if i knew someone was going to use a purple that i cannot use i would absolutely defer and expect the same of others if the shoe was on the other foot. 

I feel like the guy deserves to be publicly shamed even if he isn't technically being a ninja. 

The reason that people roll need on the valuable stuff is because other people can't be trusted to roll greed on those unlike greens. I can't tell you how many times people tried to follow the "proper" loot system only to get screwed by a real ninja. Using your system Hurricane causes MORE ninja's to occur full stop. Everyone rolling need makes ninjaing impossible, people rolling greed makes it possible and insanely easy. How many times have you seen blues/purps drop, 4 people roll greed and at the last second after they see everyone else roll greed some jackass rolls need? I've seen it 10+ times.

I have not yet been in a group where that occured but if I was i'd do a psa here on the forums, report him in game with some screen shots, and warn /world if I saw the ninja looking for groups later on.  

Again a thread about “ninja looting“. There's a 20 page thread in an other subforum, and always the same senseless discussion. BoE (blue/purple) are ffa, so select Need is the fair choice for all, except another rule has been elected in the group. It sucks yes, but it isn't ninja. Deal with it B-)

lets use this as a example , Having to state "I will need on Edgemasters on any level 40+ Dungeon in every group you make" sounds very silly imo , A.) you dont know if it will drop B.) saying that randomly in every dungeon might earn you a label of mentally unstable.

Majority of vanilla wow players know what the valuable BoE Items are and should be that definition know when to need or greed on a item regardless if he or she can use that item. 

It is very rare that someone will start a group and then explain the loot rules to people in the party at least I haven't experienced that in my 15 years of playing this game." I AGREE IF THEY DO DO THIS THEN IT IS A NINJA " but otherwise you are just barking up the wrong tree.

theoretically everyone should hit 'GREED' when an epic BOE drops, but because bad people happen it's better to agree everyone hits NEED