Sign in to follow this  
Habskilla

Is there a lowbie town where Horde get ganked endlessly?

Listen I am not complaining, I knew what I was getting into when I decided to reroll Alliance but my god the Rogues are ruthless in Lakeshire. I've been killed well over 10 times by two different Rogues who seem to camp the town hours on end (you should see all the skeletons). I leveled my Horde character to lvl20ish and never once did I get ganked like that in a town and I'm just wondering if the Alliance does the same to the Horde.

I am not talking about random ganks in the world, these Rogues are camping the town killing everyone. There is easily over 100 skeletons on the ground. 

edit: I will say the Rogues there are pretty big pussies. I saw a lvl56 Hunter destroy one and another killed by some Warlock. But then they just stealth, AFK for a while then come back

Southshore versus Tarren Mill battles were a thing of legend ... until Blizzard "gave" Southshore to the Forsaken in Cataclysm when they broke and remade the world for 3D flight anywhere.

Ye i would have to agree its very unfair that most of our leveling zones below 30 are contested (Redridge and Darkshire) whereas the horde dont actually have any contested areas below 30, apart from hillsbrad (Thats where i go to get my revenge for all the times i was whooped while levelling) 
Maybe its something to do with the way the 2 factions have always been, alliance always on the defense and the horde invasions, i dunno, im not that much into my lore...

It is annoying though cos we cant go do it to them til their in their late 20's or 30;s in which case they jsut group up and fuck you up in STV xD

Gotta love it though its part of the ally experience eh... :P

14 hours ago, Habskilla said:

I am not talking about random ganks in the world, these Rogues are camping the town killing everyone. There is easily over 100 skeletons on the ground. 

Same experience here. I like PvP which is why I rolled on Elysium, but I also like questing, raiding, dungeons, and working on my professions.

It came to a point where I decided corpse running and going up one level every three days isn't the way I want to play so I settled on Darrowshire. I'm not particularly happy that I don't have the opportunity for dynamic world PvP (or pre-60 BG's for that matter) but I wasn't PvPing anyway. Just landing and dying. Waiting for the quest giver and dying. Might as well be raid bosses packed in low level alliance zones. It was the most boring leveling experience I've ever had on any server, retail or otherwise.

I see other people migrating to Darrowshire for the same reason. It's really too bad that people can't "gank and go" or PvP with their own levels but w/e. I'm cruising along on Darrowshire and haven't had any trouble finding groups so *shrug. 

The skewed lower level contested zones is also a reason why, with few exceptions, historically PvP servers have been horde heavy. Unless you get in at the beginning as alliance you're going to have to deal with some of this. Granted I've never seen it this stupid but all it takes is one horde to make an alliance player decide it's not worth it and move on.

That being said, I don't think anyone would have a stroke if the devs implemented a cross server queue for pre-60 BG;s. 

I think the world pvp element is good, i enjoy having to be on your toes and surviving certain encounters with higher level horde, the only palce that is really annoying for it is STV and thats cos its so congested and large the runs are long if you die, but most the time allys come together and kill them anyway and everything calms down again.. and thats part of what makes the wpvp good
redridge/darkshire is no good for it though as your to low to be able to fight back with a group, so that sucks

Funny, I've been camping Redridge with my Rogue, Nosexforme, for the past few days. 

I suggest Stonetalon Mountains, right outside our city, if you want revenge.

1 hour ago, Truckerman said:

Funny, I've been camping Redridge with my Rogue, Nosexforme, for the past few days. 

I suggest Stonetalon Mountains, right outside our city, if you want revenge.

Just discovered stonetalon, had so much fun, finnaly found the horde equivelant to redridge >:)
My run to desolace wasnt so bad afterall

Stonetalon can be brutal sometimes. Every week it seems a bunch of 60s assemble and the warlock summons Doomguards and Infernals. And they just run around the entire town killing FP, guards, and 1 shotting lowbies.

But honestly, I'm making a twink lvl 22 just for Redridge. I don't have enough time on my hands to be competitive at 60 so I'll just stick to Redridge because its a blast!

On 7/29/2017 at 8:35 PM, Habskilla said:

Listen I am not complaining, I knew what I was getting into when I decided to reroll Alliance but my god the Rogues are ruthless in Lakeshire. I've been killed well over 10 times by two different Rogues who seem to camp the town hours on end (you should see all the skeletons). I leveled my Horde character to lvl20ish and never once did I get ganked like that in a town and I'm just wondering if the Alliance does the same to the Horde.

edit: I will say the Rogues there are pretty big pussies. I saw a lvl56 Hunter destroy one and another killed by some Warlock. But then they just stealth, AFK for a while then come back

That's a side affect of having a free, globally accessible private server.

Funny, ive ran through Stonetalon twice now. Not only did I only see about 4-5 horde there, I saw only one Ally traveling to desolace as well. Place seems pretty barren to me. Also seems like quite an annoying place to level.

But its actually quite comical if youre trying to compare Stonetalon to Redridge...Redridge just sucks to level in. Im used to the pvp leveling scene from retail, but not to this 10k player extent. It just gets annoying, not even being ganked by level 60's but the groups of hordes in STV because thats apparently the only way to level on this server, in groups.

Splintertree post in Ashenvale or Zoram strand also in Ashenvale.  Plenty of places for you to gank since you can't handle 60's and need to cry and get revenge.

On 7/30/2017 at 0:16 PM, Alkme123 said:

Ye i would have to agree its very unfair that most of our leveling zones below 30 are contested (Redridge and Darkshire) whereas the horde dont actually have any contested areas below 30, apart from hillsbrad

Uh, Ashenvale and Stonetalon? 

26 minutes ago, CorporalK said:

Splintertree post in Ashenvale or Zoram strand also in Ashenvale.  Plenty of places for you to gank since you can't handle 60's and need to cry and get revenge.

Stay mad bro, tell your horde buddies to lay off our areas and we will lay off yours.

2 hours ago, Stayhi said:

Funny, ive ran through Stonetalon twice now. Not only did I only see about 4-5 horde there, I saw only one Ally traveling to desolace as well. Place seems pretty barren to me. Also seems like quite an annoying place to level.

But its actually quite comical if youre trying to compare Stonetalon to Redridge...Redridge just sucks to level in. Im used to the pvp leveling scene from retail, but not to this 10k player extent. It just gets annoying, not even being ganked by level 60's but the groups of hordes in STV because thats apparently the only way to level on this server, in groups.

Sun Rock doesn't have the amount of quests Redridge does, which is why there's less people there.  The only place Horde has with that kind of volume for quests is Tarren Mill, but it's a lot easier to terrorize Sun Rock, mainly because nobody's going to fly there to defend it and the FP isn't used for anything other than leveling.

54 minutes ago, Lazias said:

Stay mad bro, tell your horde buddies to lay off our areas and we will lay off yours.

And thats why I will continue to gank, I want that hatred between horde and alliance!