Sign in to follow this  
Software

This post has GOT to be a joke...

Quoted from a closed topic (I don't really care if it's closed, close this too if you want ya stooges...)

Greetings.

Unfortunately using Mind Control or the engineering Mind Control Cap to remove players out of a Battleground is allowed.

It is not an exploit and working as intended. The portals were introduced for players to leave the Battleground due to missing knowledge of the /AFK function to remove yourself from a Battleground back in Vanilla, using an ability to remove players out of a Battleground due to the portals and Mind Control is clever use of game mechanics.

16 hours ago, Software said:

We are one of the very few private servers in the world that did almost very accurate loot table and spell coefficient adjustments, to have both on the most blizzlike level.

If you don't get as much gold out of your Dire Maul East farm as on other private servers, you are just used to farm on broken servers.

Players that say we 'nerfed' farming methods usually say that when we actually fix them.

One exception is the Dire Maul Tribute change on the endboss, where you can debate if you want hunters to solo it for a massive gold farm, or if you want to prevent it. However, this change is not made by us, it's from Nostalrius.

I think it's borderline insanity that someone can lean on the side of "clever use of game mechanics" when it results in literally removing a player from a battleground. A function that absolutely not be achievable by any player in a non premade battleground.

Yet, when it comes to soloing a dungeon, it's an exploit and they do custom scripting to "fix" it. Completely ignoring the fact that other dungeon material can be solo farmed by specific classes for massive amounts of gold (don't worry, that's ok guys)

Was evade bugging all the adds in Deadmines on Van Cleef clever use of game mechanics? Absolutely yes, do you guys call it "safe spotting" and call it an exploit? Also yes...

You can't even begin to argue that Blizzard's grand design with battle grounds was to expect to lose a player or two each match by literally being removed from the opposing team. You just can't. If you tried, you have to be taking crazy pills.

In short, fuck that response. It's a stupid parrot response and you put no original thought into it whatsoever.

Edit: quoting from the GM communications thread...

We want to provide all players with an equal level playing field and if you suspect any players breaking our Terms of Use to report them using our in game ticket system.

-GM Team

Yeah, mind control cap sure is a level playing field, right!

1 hour ago, Toradh said:

Guarantee that if you could also MC you would do it.

No. I'd prefer a game where 10 players can queue up and reliably fight against 10 other players, but an inevitable 8 on 9 or something along those lines...but fuck me right? You trolly garbage flinging dork.

1 hour ago, Toradh said:

Regardless of whether you think it's a "fair" or not you agreed to the ToU, if you're not happy, make a suggestion in a less aggravated tone or go play somewhere else.

The suggestion is to fix the shit that was obviously an oversight by Blizzard. Read, man. Try it.

Just now, Toradh said:

Being passionate is different than "REEEEEEEE"ing the forums down

Ok forum buzzword guy. I'll put it into words you understand then.

Go crack a cold one open with the boyz, cuck, or something like that.

15 minutes ago, Toradh said:

wat

I thought you wanted to "discuss" your problem with the GMs

They don't discuss shit. They cite broken things as clever use of game mechanics, except when they don't like it, and they close topics.

The question is, what do you think about mind control cap in BG's to intentionally remove a player from the entire game. I'd legitimately like to get your opinion on it, since you seem to feel the need to blanket every single thread in the forums.

We're not talking about using it to kill them once, such as mind controlling people into lava in blackrock mountain for instance, or off an AB cliff. This removes them from the game, leaving the team short handed.

Now, it may not have been fixed by blizzard right away, but it's clearly one of those things that went under their radar and is broken and not an intentional tactic at all. Imagine a PvE raid fight where the boss didn't just teleport you away from the raid, but back to your hearth location... Think that would be acceptable?

Yeah that particular Elysium staff member has a very unlucky way of explaining things. Clever use of game mechanics is such a retarded way to call that behavior. Closing the thread after making that horrible point does only frighten away all those silent readers that monitor the forums...

1 hour ago, Toradh said:

I think it's ok, I mean, it's annoying for sure, but I don't see the need for crybabys to constantly make threads about it. I mean if WoW was actually real life, and portals existed I don't see why the opposing faction wouldn't walk your ass out the portal.

I just can't fathom how anyone can see it as ok. It's completely mindboggling to me. It's literally an ability you can purchase to delete a member of the opposing team, and not by killing them.

Unless circumstances have changed, there is no intention to punish players for playing the game the way it was playable in retail Vanilla. Those portals have always been a problem, but it is allowed to MC (with cap or priest) a player out of them.

Is it something we like? No.

The only real way to address this is to disable the portals themselves.

9 hours ago, Software said:

One exception is the Dire Maul Tribute change on the endboss, where you can debate if you want hunters to solo it for a massive gold farm, or if you want to prevent it.

Don't forget ZG solo bijou farming from mages. DM East AoE farm route.  Rogues pick-pocket.

I get the intentions of why certain changes (not fixes) were implemented with the ideology of limiting the GPH a specific class can insert into the economy.  However, the negative effects are greater than the positives.

Major Mana Potions tripled in price shortly after this change (not fix).

Large Brilliant Shard prices doubled shortly after this change.

Bijou prices in increased greatly before the lack of ZG runs due to increased amount of content.

These "farm classes" which used to supply the server with an abundance of raid consumables (potions, herbs, enchant materials, buff regents)  can no longer do so, adding scarcity to said items, increasing demand, and increasing the out of pocket cost across the board for ALL classes.   Changes were implemented to make things more "fair" for other classes, though only increased the required hours farming per week for non-farm classes to get the same items they were obtaining from AH at 1/3 the cost.  I don't get a shit who the seller is, I care about the listing price.

Unfortunately the changes implemented extend well beyond the items obtained from these farm methods.  Think of the gold flow as a flowing river.  These changes are comparable to building a dam to contain this water flow.  Now that the water is restricted, everybody down stream is thirsty.  "But how?", you may ask.

These changes have effectively pulled a large percent of the classes in the game out of proficient instanced farming (Hunters - Tribute, Rogues - BRD, Mages/Locks/Priest/Pally/Druid (spec dependent) - DM East) and pulled them into farming open world locations.   This has added additional competition for camps/nodes which lowers resources gained per hour by individuals that would of had less competition if other GPH farmers where in instanced locations.  The lower resources gained per hour translates into higher AH listing prices for all modestly sought after materials/resources/consumables for all classes across the board.  Elemental Earth, Elemental Fire, Essence of Water, Herbs, DS Leather, so on and so on.

It also creates less of an incentive for other non-farm classes to roll alts that are better at such task, since comparable (not as good) GPH can be obtained with healing/tank/solo DPS builds.  With less reason to roll alts, this limits the economic activity and AH item diversity of low - mid level gear/resources.  Unfortunately this also feeds into promoting sticking with one toon - farming your needed GPW (gold per week) to maintain your consumables and log off.  Why put 200 hours into an alt farmer if my GPH is only a 20% difference between 40g and 50g.

I could farm at 40g per hour for 900 hours on my already level 60 toon for 36,000g.

I could farm at 50g per hour for 700 hours (200 leveling estimation = 0 gold) on my farming alt for 35,000g.

So even at 37.5 days played on my farming alt, I don't even break even yet for the time investment of what this alt toon even is, a farm alt.  

So unless you have the time to raid full time on two different toons, the reasons for leveling an alt are limited to level 20 summoners.

Tangentially, what @Undertanker says is one reason why I want an /xpoff option.

The most devoted of players tend to be (A) players actively ranking to High Warlord/Grand Marshall; (B) hardcore/serious business raiding guilds; and (C) twink players.

An /xpoff option removes some of the cumbersome (pre)planning to making an X9 twink.  And leveling/gearing twinks increases demand for non-60 instance runs, increases demand for BIS items, level-appropriate consumables.  All of which keeps players logged in (and gives the raiders something to do between raid resets).

Strictly Vanilla-WoW "BlizzLike"?  No, it's not.  However, it's not entirely NON-"BLIZZLIKE". Slippery slope arguments aside, the permanent alteration of the respec fees from a 50G maximum to a 25G maximum (to give players an incentive to participate in PVP) is an example of a non-"BlizzLike" change to the Vanilla-WoW experience that has not, in my mind, radically altered the vanilla experience for the negative. (<--- RUN ON SENTENCE, AHOY.)  Certain "less-than-blizzlike" alterations should be considered for the betterment of server/playerbase health.  And I posit that an /xpoff option is one of them.

11 hours ago, Toradh said:

Guarantee that if you could also MC you would do it.

Ahurr, I mean, ahem, then perhaps that's another reason to fucking prevent it. You're an idiot.

19 people got banned for 72 hours because I asked in a ticket if the used tactic for Mandokir (bugging out the raptor with the ziggurat building) is allowed or not. I would argue that you should ban people who use mind control in bgs to remove people from bgs. In contrast to the Mandokir exploit, it actually hurts the gaming experience of human beings. The Mandokir exploit is borderline enough, the MC abuse is much more worse.

Theres a world of difference between abusing the game design and abusing a bug. Do you really think blizzard intended for the FR buff from UBRS to be used for progressing through MC and BWL and making encounters requiring FR a joke? There are countless examples of game design being exploited (Engineering bombs on vicidus, stacking DM/DMF/Felwood buffs to do crazy damage, Ubrs FR buff, Engineering Chickens prior to combat just to name a few) that dramatically change the game experience. 

While MC'ing people out of a portal shouldnt be allowed, its certainly not an exploit. Its not a GM related issue IMO, its a Dev problem. The Dev's should fix the game so it doesnt happen.

The more you push the GM's to moderate the game the more likley they are to moderate something you dont want them to.

This is no different than MCing someone on the boats and having them jump off in the middle of nowhere, or MCing someone and having them jump off a cliff.  MC is an annoying ability and it always has been, but it's not breaking the rules.  You are, however, a huge douchebag if you utilize this specific tactic in BGs.  Luckily it's fairly difficult to pull off unless you're not paying attention or AFK at the graveyard.

It is not an exploit and what I have told you in the last topic is valid.

If you believe this should be changed, make a proper suggestion about this in our 'suggestion' area on this forum.

Before you do that, keep in mind that the GM Team is already way behind on Ban appeals and Tickets due to the recent events.

Keep also in mind that GM's would need sufficient evidence, in case this will be changed, to enforce the rules.

A ticket of "Player Thari used mind control to remove me out of WSG" is not valid, the same specifics as for AFK reports would count here.

Either the GM Team needs evidence, or catch them in the act.

Currently we see it as part of the game, it is working as intended and it is not an exploit or abuse. It can also be avoided fairly easily by just resurrecting at the edge of the graveyard before you jump down, or depending on your class using abilities like 'Divine Shield' or 'Iceblock'.

If you do wish to see a change, you are welcome to make a suggestion as I said above.

I just want you to keep in mind that we are volunteers offering a tremendous amount of our free time into this project, and we can still fall behind on a lot of things.