Sign in to follow this  
Magnusyo

Server Population Cap

hi all elysium staff admin moderators

in december 2016 Pottu said the following:"If nothing else, people will switch because we will implement population caps. In due time, the population of all three realms will stabilise due to caps. Having one realm with 40k pop and another with 2k pop is just not going to happen. The interest in our project is large enough to fully support three realms. The worry that one realm will be a ghost town is entirely groundless."

Anathema is a ghost town, when will population caps be implemented?

image.jpg

thanks

You mean when will they lower Elysium's pop cap again?  It used to over 11k, now it's under 9k.  For me personally if the pop cap was lowered further and I kept having to sit in a queue I would go play another game and not switch to anathema or darrowshire.

1 minute ago, FEYAARES said:

Good to now, I haven't see it before. 

But force people to go on Anathema can be hard regarding the timeline. 

One option would be to allow players of Anathema to move over to Elysium, and just remove the AQ & BWL gear

We ask this so many times.
But now Anathema pop is just beta tester for Elysium...

Their is a lot of solution who can be found. But they don't give any kind of consideration to any of them.

By Pottu on another topic : 

"Anathema and Elysium will not be merged as they are on different timelines. We are not currently looking at any options to either accelerate Elysium or "freeze" Anathema. We are still dedicated to bring to the end goal the dream that Nostalrius started - of a proper vanilla server going through the whole vanilla patch progress as closely Blizzlike as possible. So we are not going to вау over the remaining Anathema players and "freeze" their progress to allow Elysium to "catch up". Nor are we going to accelerate Elysium timeline in any major fashion, as that would be a literal slap in the face to most of the players there. Trust me, we have heard all possible arguments for and against this issue.

And because this topic is repeatedly brought up, instead of posters reading the existing threads - we do have a search function - we now routinely lock the new threads. It has nothing to do with our communication standards or us being clueless retards."

This is what they think now. We have to deal with or move to Elysium. 

This is my point of view:

I will play until it became really impossible to do stuff (But sometimes don't have the motivation because of this, I reconnect yesterday after 5 days without connection) 
After that I will not reroll on Elysium just because of the consideration they gave us (hard to think something else with this message) but I will change of server.
Their is some other project who sounds quit interesting (I don't give name, because for sure if this project is really released one day it will be a pain in the *ss for Elysium).

So yeah, no more faith. 

you guys make me laugh - the servers have a population similar to most retail servers if not higher. if you want to play with 9K ppl go level on elysium. if you want to raid naxx, play on Anathema.

continuing to beat the drums of "dead server" only creates a self fulfilling prophecy as more players believe it. Repeating something over and over makes it true to you, it doesn't make it actually true.

Anathema is not a dead server, it peaks at 2K which is what retail server cap was on launch. 

What I honestly think we are seeing here are a small group of people who are deliberately attacking the server in an attempt to force a merge (Like we saw with ZK). These people are doing it because they will personally gain from it, maybe they have a lot of gold/consumables they want to sell on Ely. 

So if you really do want to attract players to anathema to increase the population, stop saying its a dead server because its having the exact opposite effect. There is no possible way to merge the servers in the next year, so stop asking for it - level on Elysium if u really dont want to play on anathema anymore. 

If you are trying to sabotage the project/server because you will personally gain from a merge - go f*#k yourself.

3 hours ago, reagan said:

you guys make me laugh - the servers have a population similar to most retail servers if not higher. if you want to play with 9K ppl go level on elysium. if you want to raid naxx, play on Anathema.

continuing to beat the drums of "dead server" only creates a self fulfilling prophecy as more players believe it. Repeating something over and over makes it true to you, it doesn't make it actually true.

Anathema is not a dead server, it peaks at 2K which is what retail server cap was on launch. 

What I honestly think we are seeing here are a small group of people who are deliberately attacking the server in an attempt to force a merge (Like we saw with ZK). These people are doing it because they will personally gain from it, maybe they have a lot of gold/consumables they want to sell on Ely. 

So if you really do want to attract players to anathema to increase the population, stop saying its a dead server because its having the exact opposite effect. There is no possible way to merge the servers in the next year, so stop asking for it - level on Elysium if u really dont want to play on anathema anymore. 

If you are trying to sabotage the project/server because you will personally gain from a merge - go f*#k yourself.

I just want to play with my friends on a server that has players

8 hours ago, reagan said:

This argument is so dumb.  Retail vanilla was region based meaning if you have 2.5k players online they were all from your region (USW, USE, etc).  If Anathema gets 2.5k players it's probably something like 1/3 NA, 1/3 China, 1/3 EU (It's probably more china than NA but for arguments sake lets assume all regions have equal players).  That means we're really like a ~833 population retail server at our peak if all regions are split equally.  We don't even peak at 2.5k and at NA times were almost always less than 1k and keep in mind there's EU and CN players online during these times too.  I understand the staff might not do anything to help but please stop with the everything is fine bullshit.  This isn't a blzzlike population at all because blizzlike would mean your entire population all play within the same region.  There's 5 NA guilds total on the server we had probably 20 NA guilds on my retail vanilla server (Mal'ganis).

Literally go on https://elysium-project.org/status and monitor the population, it's decreasing all the time and I doubt it's because of the dead server memes (I don't even read world chat but I'm pretty sure world chat is dead right now and most players don't actively read the forums).  People can log on and see that cities are empty and no one is doing anything and come to their own conclusion about the health of the server.  

People also forget that server transfers were a thing back in the day, and wasn't uncommon that on your current server a guild that fit your raid times / days may not be available or was disbanded.

You applied for guilds on other servers and transferred when accepted.   So while 1 server may be x amount of people, the available player-base was much larger to allow for any demographic to find a home that fit their time/days/style.

I understand the programmed response that GMs and mods give to this issue, but the different patch means impossible is nil.  #ZKtoAnathema.

They don't want people to continue to make more threads about this and I understand that as well.  A suggestion to that though (not just with this subject) some answers are blunt and some are a bit smug in their phrasing.  If you throw a jab and then lock a thread to prevent any follow-up, a new thread will be created because you don't allow discussion on said comment.

4 hours ago, Undertanker said:

People also forget that server transfers were a thing back in the day, and wasn't uncommon that on your current server a guild that fit your raid times / days may not be available or was disbanded.

This is wrong.

The only service blizzard ever offered in vanilla were free server transfers from high populated to low populated servers.

Any other services, and especially paid server transfers, were a TBC thing.

We are also actively monitoring the population of all our servers.

I will quote myself again, we do not need such threads every week.

Please stick to threads that already exist or use the suggestion forum to discuss this in more depth.

Creating more and more and more topics about this does not help at all, it is just hurting your concern even more.