• Announcements

• Josipbroz

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING   09/17/2017

We are always interested in receiving feedback and suggestions from our community However, we do have a project philosophy, which is to create and maintain a Blizzlike Vanilla server for all players. This means that some suggestions will always be refused and posting them is a waste of time. Below is a non-exhaustive list of suggestions that you should not bother posting: Dual-spec Removed / reduced re-spec costs Dungeon finder / group finder Name / race / class / faction / appearance change services Any Pay-To-Win services Increased XP / Gold / Honour rates WoD models or allowing players to edit game files Also please avoid creating duplicate threads. Thank you for understanding.
Demonia

Open Elysium -> Anathema Transfers

41 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Eyesplit said:

Don't they keep people in the loop here?

Pretty much. This topic simply gets discarded almost every time.

But yeah, I suppose that saying "any amount" is kinda wrong there (100 players wouldn't make a difference). To be fair though, I think any amount higher than 750-1000 players would make a noticeable difference for everyone, and it could be even higher.

I really wish this kind of option wouldn't be discarded so quickly and easily from the staff, a poll would be nice (even though you would have to try make everyone vote).

15 hours ago, Keala said:

But yeah, I suppose that saying "any amount" is kinda wrong there (100 players wouldn't make a difference). To be fair though, I think any amount higher than 750-1000 players would make a noticeable difference for everyone, and it could be even higher.

Definitely. With Elysium PvP having lag and crash issues at 7000+ concurrent players (realm is down again while I'm typing this), some people who ended on Elysium PvP just not being fans of the Nostlike mega realms, people wanting to do their professions or auction house affairs without total inflation, TBC being announced to arrive on Anathema first, or simply the wish of some core guilds for more content.

There currently is a good range of reasons, why people might transfer from Elysium => Anathema.

Any amount higher than 750 players would catapult Anathema back closer to blizzlike levels. This fresh population growth could motivate a lot of people to rediscover their old Anathema toons. Or - regarding the oncoming TBC release - provoke a good amount of fresh starters. At least it's worth a try.

_____

I mean, I really couldn't understand why they didn't allow transfers from Elysium => Zeth'Kur, back when the latter launched. To me it was crystal clear that all the enduring core players and guilds already have started on Elysium, were quite progressed and wouldn't just re-roll on Zeth'Kur. Zeth on the other hand was a melting pot for hype opportunists and casual players. It was pretty much inevitable that the population would drop in the long run. Still the team has been adamant to stick to their zero tolerance policy against transfers.

Please Elysium Project, look at the mistakes that have been done and reconsider your policy.

Some enjoy playing on a nearly empty server and some like playing on a nearly full server.

If they force players into TBC it wont take long before the server is a ghost town - Warsong is the best example.

Launching Zeth'kur was one of the biggest mistakes Elysium made, caving into the narrow minded. Also catering to the chinese community by not blocking VPN was another big mistake. We dont like playing with people who are illiterate and only speak their own language. Many players already quit because of this and more will come.

Another interesting debate is the goldseller/cheater/bug abuser debate aka anything cancer on this server. Even tough staff always confirmed that most goldsellers are american, it's pretty clear that every single asian guild, and they're pretty obvious if you just take a look in Ironforge are basically facades for the ultimate money farm scheme. If you look at China most people dont play videogames (poverty is trough the roof and people have to work crazy hours for a low wage). They dont have time to play videogames. Its either working on a rice field,tea farm or some crazy iphone factory 12hours a day and make some money or play a videogame and make atleast double of what you can make on the fields.

These players dont belong here. They should be supporting their local middle class. and not scam or leech some foreigners for some easy $.

3 hours ago, Kazuma said:

Some enjoy playing on a nearly empty server and some like playing on a nearly full server.

Agreed.

If they force players into TBC it wont take long before the server is a ghost town - Warsong is the best example.

Are they forcing TBC though? They will simply copy your character there and make you choose where do you want to play.

Launching Zeth'kur was one of the biggest mistakes Elysium made, caving into the narrow minded.

At this point everyone knows this, there were literally no reasons to launch Zeth'Kur, it's obvious that a lot of people only play at the start because of the fresh hype, only to leave after some time.

Also catering to the chinese community by not blocking VPN was another big mistake. We dont like playing with people who are illiterate and only speak their own language. Many players already quit because of this and more will come.

Well, I don't really have anything against chinese players in specific, but I do agree that the way they play the game makes it less fun, since it's not a game to them but a job where you need to make money (not all of them are like this, but still...). I don't know about VPN blocking them, but at the very least, if you're allowing them to play here, you should be more strict and watchful on goldselling. It almost looks like they're allowed to do as they please considering the amount of spam one gets when playing.

Either way, I personally don't dislike the option to merge all of the 3 servers together (I don't know about Darrowshire though, it's a different story there). It was a mistake to split the community in the first place by releasing Elysium, considering the fresh hype started only because of the Nostalrius relaunch. It's pretty weird that until Nost shutdown there were no requests for a fresh server, and instead the server only kept growing, which meant new players were still attracted to the realm, no matter how many t2 pieces the others had, they did not care at all about it. But when we got Anathema back, suddenly everyone wanted a fresh start. The reasoning about having already geared players was a mere excuse, they took advantage of it to get a new realm cause everyone wants to be a special snowflake.

I really doubt they will merge the realms before Elysium reaches Naxxramas at this point, even though I would like to see that happen. Opening transfers from Elysium -> Anathema/Darrowshire isn't really the same as merging them all, but at least it does address to the current issues on all realms. Lags/crashes on Elysium, low pop on Anathema. Something needs to be done.

11 minutes ago, Keala said:

Agreed.

Are they forcing TBC though? They will simply copy your character there and make you choose where do you want to play.

At this point everyone knows this, there were literally no reasons to launch Zeth'Kur, it's obvious that a lot of people only play at the start because of the fresh hype, only to leave after some time.

Well, I don't really have anything against chinese players in specific, but I do agree that the way they play the game makes it less fun, since it's not a game to them but a job where you need to make money (not all of them are like this, but still...). I don't know about VPN blocking them, but at the very least, if you're allowing them to play here, you should be more strict and watchful on goldselling. It almost looks like they're allowed to do as they please considering the amount of spam one gets when playing.

Either way, I personally don't dislike the option to merge all of the 3 servers together (I don't know about Darrowshire though, it's a different story there). It was a mistake to split the community in the first place by releasing Elysium, considering the fresh hype started only because of the Nostalrius relaunch. It's pretty weird that until Nost shutdown there were no requests for a fresh server, and instead the server only kept growing, which meant new players were still attracted to the realm, no matter how many t2 pieces the others had, they did not care at all about it. But when we got Anathema back, suddenly everyone wanted a fresh start. The reasoning about having already geared players was a mere excuse, they took advantage of it to get a new realm cause everyone wants to be a special snowflake.

I really doubt they will merge the realms before Elysium reaches Naxxramas at this point, even though I would like to see that happen. Opening transfers from Elysium -> Anathema/Darrowshire isn't really the same as merging them all, but at least it does address to the current issues on all realms. Lags/crashes on Elysium, low pop on Anathema. Something needs to be done.

Couldnt agree more.

On 12.9.2017 at 9:19 AM, Keala said:

Opening transfers from Elysium -> Anathema/Darrowshire isn't really the same as merging them all, but at least it does address to the current issues on all realms. Lags/crashes on Elysium, low pop on Anathema. Something needs to be done.

Si. I'm really curious if they ever considered high pop => low pop transfers. The team has somehow adapted to the issue by making Anathema the default destination for Zeth'Kur transfers or marking Anathema as the "Recommended" realm. And many people responsible for the subpar decision making concerning Zeth'Kur are no longer involved in the project.

Let's see how they handle the situation this time. Hopefully not just sitting it out again until it's too late.

SEA PORT ! Definitely could use less population on Elysium, the lag is very frustrating especially for those of us who raid on the weekend.

I see a solution to two problems here. Problem one: they need money for better hardware for all 3 servers (and the PTE servers moving forward). Problem two: Severe population imbalance between two servers. Hmm.. Ive got it! Allow donations for transfers off the stupidly overpopulated server to the server that is underpopulated. I would pay to have my 60 off Elysium because the server is just not fun anymore, and I really don't want to level even more toons on a server where its almost impossible to find groups.

1 hour ago, Dudeness said:

I would pay to have my 60 off Elysium because the server is just not fun anymore, and I really don't want to level even more toons on a server where its almost impossible to find groups.

I would donate too as soon as I would be able to play my main again, which is stuck on Elysium right now. And I agree, it's just not fun anymore and nowhere near being blizzlike.

These selfish demands and withholding donations is counter productive and helps no one.  No one wants to hear about how you might donate but only if you get what you want.  That is not how donations work. If you had fun playing here then donate and continue to enjoy your time here.  If you don't enjoy your time here then go away and keep your complaints to yourself.  

I'm not withholding donations and I'm not actively playing anymore. I've stated all the reasons for that in this thread.

My last post wasn't supposed to be some sort of blackmailing. It's rather that I would be really thankful if they would address the issues at hand, and therefore donate.

Anyone can withold any donations they like as its their money. Nobody is obliged to donate nor is Elysium forced to keep hosting. If you like something and you feel like supporting, you can donate. If you dont and you dont donate thats fine aswell. Lets keep this discussion going. Either merge all realms and simplify the donation process or open transfers to Anathema (less prefered option as in the long run results will be the same).

12 hours ago, Hurricane2 said:

If you had fun playing here then donate and continue to enjoy your time here.  If you don't enjoy your time here then go away and keep your complaints to yourself.  

There is a third option. I want to actually have fun and enjoy my time here, which will influence my desire to donate so much to the point that Im willing to pay for a service that even blizzard (cough blizzlike experience cough) offered. 

I'm also not withholding anything from them by voicing an opinion and offering my own suggestions in a thread located in the suggestion area of these forums...

Either way, let's get back on topic. The thread itself is not about donations, it''s about finding a solution to the current issues (and if the solution appears to be exactly donations, it should be said by the staff itself. Until then, it's just a different story). Just because a random thinks we're demanding like kids and trying to voice our opinions doesn't help at all, it doesn't mean we're not allowed to express our thoughts and suggest something. It's pretty clear there will never be room of discussion with somebody that has such reasoning. It's a waste of time even replying.

Back on topic, it would be nice to hear anything about this subject from the staff itself. The thread hasn't been closed yet like many others which is a good sign. Any chance we could see this happen some time after Naxxramas has been cleared on Anathema?

I wonder if this solution approach receives any consideration amongst the current team. And if not, what their proposed solution to the population gaps between realms looks like.

And what about organizing a checking survey with elysium community ? To know how many people wish to transfer, measuring it, then decide. Moreover, an in-game referendum could be fun !