• Announcements

• Josipbroz

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING   09/17/2017

We are always interested in receiving feedback and suggestions from our community However, we do have a project philosophy, which is to create and maintain a Blizzlike Vanilla server for all players. This means that some suggestions will always be refused and posting them is a waste of time. Below is a non-exhaustive list of suggestions that you should not bother posting: Dual-spec Removed / reduced re-spec costs Dungeon finder / group finder Name / race / class / faction / appearance change services Any Pay-To-Win services Increased XP / Gold / Honour rates WoD models or allowing players to edit game files Also please avoid creating duplicate threads. Thank you for understanding.
Demonia

Open Elysium -> Anathema Transfers

41 posts in this topic

Hello Elysium Project,

Since lag is getting so intense on Elysium and is impeding the experience for all players, I suggest another transfer period. The population of Anathema is dwindling, the Elysium population is way too high, so just pour some of those guilds in the other cup. I'm positive that there are many guilds who would jump at the opportunity to move from BWL raids to AQ raids faster than planned. Mistakes happen, guilds form and progress past their estimated goals sometimes. Also, ZG is another enticer for moving to Anathema. I truly think this is a great way to remedy your problem. Also, some players may have found they hate PvP, and want a normal server now! Think it over, please! I know there are problems with this idea, as there are with ALL ideas. However, can YOU think of a better solution? I don't forsee the world donating any more money than it already has towards Elysium; A server which can't even keep uptime past 2 days -- yet pledge Blizzlike conditions on a server with a population that is 4x Blizzlike population. It just doesn't make any sense to have a tiny server, and an enormous one - yet say they're blizzlike 

You're not suggesting this only because of the TBC announcement and Anathema might be the first to go there, are you?

Probably not. Nevertheless, it's a good suggestion. They should definitely make this happen, considering it would be impossible to do the opposite (Anathema -> Elysium). It would surely help the situations on both realms (low pop on Anathema and overcrowded laggy Elysium), not to mention that some players might actually understand now how long it is going to take for Elysium to have more content released and thus would like to remedy their mistake by transferring to Anathema.

Personally, before the TBC announcement I couldn't see this happen at all, but now it makes much more sense.

i'd rather have anathema ---> elysium transfers. right now i have a rogue on a dead server, that i would much rather love to play on a populated server :)

@Hudson, can I ask for your attention on this topic for a minute?

I noticed you replied on a different thread about transferring characters:

A transfer is not going to happen because 1) Darrowshire is a PvE server and 2) Darrowshire is on a different patch. That makes it the opposite of "like wtf its real easy."

I completely agree that transfers from either Anathema or Darrowshire TO Elysium are pretty much never going to happen for multiple reasons (like the ones you mentioned).

On the other hand, wouldn't transfers from Elysium to Anathema and/or Darrowshire make everything better for everyone?

Now, I get it that realms are on different patches, I seriously understand that, but I kindly ask you to not close this topic right after replying here (if you're going to reply at all), it's really hard to communicate when as soon as you respond, you cut off any way to let us say anything back.

We all agree that Anathema/Darrowshire -> Elysium is a very bad idea, mainly because it's hard to implement ways to fix the disparity of gear. On the other hand, the opposite (Elysium -> Anathema/Darrowshire) it's not true. There is nothing Elysium players can get that Anathema or Darrowshire players can't, there are no other complications in this case compared to the other type of transfer.

It would also benefit all of the current realms: we all know how overcrowded Elysium is, sometimes it gets laggy and crashes because of that. By allowing Elysium players to transfer on Anathema/Darrowshire, not only Elysium will be more stable, but the other 2 realms will get some life back aswell.

Since when TBC has been announced, even more players are now interested in this, considering there's a chance Anathema might be the first realm to have TBC. I'm also fairly sure there are some guilds on Elysium who are bored of running only MC and BWL again and would love to transfer here, without having to wait for months to get the content released there.

Yes, I know many of the staff members replied about this matter multiple times already, but do you still believe that transfers from Elysium to Anathema should not happen because they are on different patches, while as long as they start from the least progressed server to the most progressed one, doesn't involve any complications at all?

17 minutes ago, Keala said:

Yes, I know many of the staff members replied about this matter multiple times already, but do you still believe that transfers from Elysium to Anathema should not happen because they are on different patches, while as long as they start from the least progressed server to the most progressed one, doesn't involve any complications at all?

Tunneling the unselected ZK players into Anathema gives history of the possibility that this is possible and the staff has recent experience in doing said action.

Even with TBC first thoughts excluded from this, I am sure having an increase of content overnight from Ony, MC, BWL to Ony MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20, AQ40 and Naxx soon would be very enticing for some whom may have overestimated their desire to adhere to the extended timelines and would want to experience all of the content Vanilla has to offer before they or their team members lose interest in farming raids that can be more trivial.

Edit:

I too side with @Keala in hoping for discussion among the decision makers as opposed to a post - lock, as long as the discussion is kept on topic with the rest of the community of  Elysium to Darrowshire/Anathema.

Only a one way transfer? What kind of suggestion is that. Next thread please.

10 minutes ago, Banezilla said:

two-way transfer would solve nothing.

11 minutes ago, Banezilla said:

Oh look, a scary Elysium player afraid to lose a part of his precious population that would ruin the dream of having 9k pop. If you don't have any counter argument apart from "What kind of suggestion is that" then refrain from wasting your time.

But I suppose you simply do not care at all about anything that doesn't benefit you in any possible way, pure definition of selfish.

I don't think transfers would solve anything right now.  A bunch of people went to Elysium to live in a roach motel environment.  For what reason?  The DAD SERVER meme went too hard.  

We need more Elysium/Anathema transfer threads. Nothing new is being suggested here.

I think the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and nobody pays attention to old bumped threads. I think as a community we need to be even more vocal to the staff about opening up transfers of  some kind. 

I agree with Elysium transfers to anathema/darrowshire

For Ppl who:

Don't like gank world

Want tbc in less time

So we get some server balance...

But we need a 1 faction transfer only for better balance between the 2 on the destination server

16 hours ago, Demonia said:

I think the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and nobody pays attention to old bumped threads. I think as a community we need to be even more vocal to the staff about opening up transfers of  some kind. 

This seems to be the case since they addressed the ZK issue so fast right? Scream until you get your way.

@Banezilla

This thread thankfully hasn't been locked as a few of us are legit in our discussion and suggestions.   Please do not derail the thread with non-contributing chatter in a  manner that leads many threads to get locked. 

Yes please, give us one-way Elysium => Anathema transfers!

Let people lower the server stress on Elysium and help out with stabilizing Anathema's population.

The only reason I'm not actively playing on Elysium Project anymore is because my main is stuck on Elysium, and I actually dislike the non-blizzlike, overcrowded population. I would really love to join the realm where my LAN-party twink and friends are located on, namely Anathema. To play my beloved Tauren Shaman main again. And to contribute towards increasing Anathema's population count to more blizz-like levels.

But as of now - and with the teams "zero tolerance policy" against transfers. I simply can't.

Pheraps we should give this thread some more attention, this option shouldn't be discarded so quickly. These transfers could greatly help overall the 3 current realms.

The multiple realm story was valid begin 2017. Just merge all realms togheter.

One vanilla server and in the future one PTE server (wich people can copy their standing vanilla character too for a limited period of time)

Mark my words if staff keeps being indecisive or slow in their decisions this project is bound to crumble and it is already happening.

10 minutes ago, Kazuma said:

The multiple realm story was valid begin 2017. Just merge all realms togheter.

Good job making zero sense at all.

The suggestion is great and would definitely help both realms.

1 minute ago, Oakenlix said:

Good job making zero sense at all.

Please elaborate why that makes zero sence.

3 minutes ago, Kazuma said:

Please elaborate why that makes zero sence.

You can't merge two realms having different patches without totally fucking up the population of either one or another.

Technically you can. Is it ideal? No. Is it nessecary? Yes.

I see more and more people quitting because Anathema is becoming Barren. Statistics for proof.

The suggestion to make transfers from Elysium to Anathema doesnt make sence. Nobody wants to play on an empty server.

Same for Darrowshire, while I do believe a good PvE server is mandatory; but if the population doesnt allow it anymore its time to call quits.

Just keep it simple ONE vanilla server and ONE experimental server who progresses trough expansions. It doenst make sence to keep paying for a realm who has the same capacity but almost 1/10 of the population.

5 hours ago, Kazuma said:

The suggestion to make transfers from Elysium to Anathema doesnt make sence. Nobody wants to play on an empty server.

1. Speak for yourself, please.

2. 1,5k concurrent players = empty?

I've stopped actively playing on Elysium Project because I'm really not a fan of the non blizz-like, overcrowded population on Elysium PvP. And my main is stuck there due to the teram's zero-tolerance policy concerning transfers. If Elysium Project decides to merge Anathema PvP with Elysium PvP, me and my 4 LAN-party friends will most likely stop playing, too.

I absolutely dislike this new "Nostlike" mentality, that every realm under 10k players is a dead realm and not worth playing on. Back in my days on retail classic, I've been playing on a "Medium" server. Which means 2k concurrent players. And this game blew my mind. Never did the thought cross my mind, that the world had been empty or the game unplayable. No, it was quite the contrary.

It was the perfect balance between world PvE balance and the solo RPG and immersion experience. As well as having more than enough people around, constantly meeting new people and having multiple people online in your friends list. And we were ready to help out each other and even switch zones to quest together. Because we were dependent on each other. And this lead to forming friendships.

So, I can only repeat my concern:

Please let people lower the server stress on Elysium and help out with stabilizing Anathema's population, if they so choose.

I would definitely make use of such an opportunity. Yes to high-pop => low-pop realm transfers.

I absolutely dislike this new "Nostlike" mentality, that every realm under 10k players is a dead realm and not worth playing on.

Absolutely! I'm completely new here, I was referred by a friend. When Nostalrius died I had just arrived. But I thought I'd pitch in given the lack of clear minds in this thread. 

Why is the problem with so many WoW players that they're never satisfied with what they've got? If you need an overcrowded server to not feel lonely, then something is wrong. It's obvious that the servers are highly overcrowded, I have to spend an hour trying to kill a single boar.

Most people say that it's not possible to offer these transfers because of different patches between servers. This reasoning simply does not make sense: we're not asking transfers from Anathema -> Elysium, which I agree would be impossible or really hard to deal with, because Anathema players have gear Elysium players can't obtain yet. On the other hand, the opposite case does not have this problem, Elysium players can easily join Anathema without bringing any kind of issue.

Some other people instead think that these transfers won't make a difference, because almost no one would ever think of joining this realm. How can people be so sure of this? Just because you wouldn't do it, it doesn't mean others have the same intentions as you, since they could have other reasons for wanting something like this (lag/crashes, more content or closer to TBC).

I understand this might mean some more work from the staff and that their time is precious, but I can't see any reason to not try. The situation is pretty bad from both sides, even if only a small bunch actually does transfer, it's still something. Actually, it is so bad that even small things like this could make a difference. Not to mention the possibility of having more players than expected to accept this transfer.

Additionally, for all the people that say "We can't merge! The timelines of these servers are different!", then why the heck did the staff allow Zeth'Kur players to choose what server to transfer on, instead of just merging it with Elysium itself? Some people got transferred here from Zeth'Kur which was the same patch as Elysium, and yet offering transfers from Elysium to Anathema has suddenly became impossible to do at all?

That's some pretty decent reasoning you have there. But I'm not sure I agree that the problem will be reduced if only a small portion of the player base transfers. You say that almost any amount will make a difference, but from a technical perspective that's just not true. But I guess that doesn't really make a difference, if that's the question then staff could've just opened a poll.

Don't they keep people in the loop here?