Sign in to follow this  
monkeybusiness

Faction concern for a newer player.

I've been on Elysium-PvP for about a month now, I've got two characters verging on level 40 and there is a nagging thought in the back of my head that says "play horde you'll have an easier time leveling in the zones you prefer due to the alliance/horde imbalance in these zones". I tell myself that it's just a handful of zones and then I look at websites like http://vanillaradar.com/elysium-maps/ and it still shows most zones favoring horde. Maybe by small margins sure but still favoring horde.

Often I just see alliance sitting in the towns while complaining about horde ganking. Is this the same thing for horde? What I'm trying to figure out is which faction is best for someone like me that 99% of the time will not pvp, unless provoked or I see someone who is unable to defend themselves being attacked then I wont engage in pvp. My goals for end-game would be raiding, farming and dungeons. Just pve content (unless bis gear is specifically locked behind pvp).

So if someone with more experience in both factions or simply has been around longer could chime in and shed some light on my issue, that would be awesome.

Alliance here.

Faction balance is acceptable and the only problem comes from the fact that the population is abnormally great in Elysium.

As you gain each level that feeling slowly goes away and once you hit 60 you won't even remember the problems you had before.

If you arent an overall social player, I'd go horde. When I played alliance i had to problems but thats because I really like playing groups. And some rankers are just HORRIBLY bad. Saw a lvl 58 rogue destroy a rank 13 mage until the mage forcelogged off to avoid dying...

Complaining about ganking is disproportionate to the faction you're currently playing because you can only see chats of your own faction.

I recall plenty of whinging about ganks when I was leveling up a Horde character several months ago just as much as I've heard about ganking while playing Alliance currently.

2 hours ago, Phoosy said:

Complaining about ganking is disproportionate to the faction you're currently playing because you can only see chats of your own faction.

I recall plenty of whinging about ganks when I was leveling up a Horde character several months ago just as much as I've heard about ganking while playing Alliance currently.

You cant deny that all horde rankers HAVE to actively gank flight paths to gain ranks. That is not the case for alliance. This alone makes ganking happen a lot more often in Menethil Harbor, Burning Steppes etc.

17 hours ago, ismeckye said:

If you arent an overall social player, I'd go horde. When I played alliance i had to problems but thats because I really like playing groups. And some rankers are just HORRIBLY bad. Saw a lvl 58 rogue destroy a rank 13 mage until the mage forcelogged off to avoid dying...

a rogue is suppose to beat a mage

From 29:00 mins onwards.

A lvl 58 rogue is certainly NOT supposed to kill a lvl  60 r10+ mage (not quite sure if the mage was rank 10 or 13).

Horde=Due to racials is more solo orientated.More ganking , more solo pvp.Pve farming and raid wise their is alot less of this in horde compared with ally like i said they are more pvp and they just farm until they get the item and stop where as ally always farm farm farm.

Alliance=Always group play+better raids for pve.However terrible in ganks , world pvp , pugs and pvp in general.They have luck that they are decent in premade pvp due to paladins.

U may see more ganks happeneing to ally and this is because 44-56 fraction imbalance and thats not even the problem , the problem is half the ally are afk in towns and dont do shyt.

Endure, reroll or go grind in dead zone, grinding might be boring but it is the fastest way to levels, you get gank much less and the gold income is significantly higher.

Either side is good.

Alliance is better for PVP. Despite the usual mindset, Horde are filled with carebear mentallity... Every area i walk into, there´s alliance groups ganking lonesome hordes. As soon as horde group up and fight back, youll get your ass handled by lvl 60 alliance group.

Its not speculation, its pure experience. Alliance has bigger motivation towards world PVP and winner side because of pallies alone ( same applies to PVE but thats depends if you guild doesnt suck at PVE)

On a sidenote, ALL russians play horde... and we all know how that works in PVP

@Tronco Alliance is better because as soon as the Horde start fighting back they have to log on level 60s to beat them? Eh? I assume you've misread this thread is regarding leveling.