nolamik

Target dummy

What do you guys think about implementing target dummies on live servers just like ones that were on Naxx PTR?

At the moment i found really hard to test different procs and how much impact will have different gear on dps. 

@Nelythia what kind of silly answer is that? Do you have any arguments why are you against it? Is it game breaking? Would it influence PvP or PVE with positive or negative impact? 

15 hours ago, nolamik said:

@Nelythia what kind of retarded answer is that? Do you have any arguments why are you against it? Is it game breaking? Would it influence PvP or PVE with positive or negative impact? 

is it blizzlike?

Only drawback I can see that it will enable easier training of your weapon skill, but if that can be disabled on dummies I can't find valid reason other than "it's not blizzlike".

5 hours ago, nolamik said:

Is 25g respec blizzlike?

neither are flying pigs, but that doesn't mean it should be implemented.
the 25g change was made to promote pvp. Allowing people to test combat inside their capital city does not promote pvp.

But allowing people to test combat inside cap city promote testing! Example right now I don't know the correct proc of some trinkets and I personally don't believe to answers on forums to be correct, unless some1 attach the part of code where that proc is implemented. IF we put target dummies on server people could test stuff easier on live servers and it will also help to identify the bugs.

I'm not asking to implement flying pigs I was curious what people think about something that  was already avaliable on PTR and maybe we can implement it on live server with minimal impact to blizzlikeness.

Also 25g change also made great impact on PvE don't you think? Is that blizzlike?

Just as a little thought... there's 8k players on Elysium at nearly all times. There's like 500 people on the PTR whenever it's going. The main method of finding out bugs, exploits and broken mechanics is usually hitting target dummies on the PTR.

Wouldn't it be nice if people could test shit on Elysium itself instead of having to run to the PTR? You can argue "but they could just go on the PTR" but again: 8k players vs 500 players. Surely it'd aid the overall atmosphere of testing things and help improve the server.

As for the weapon skill concern, I assume they could just turn it off on those. And if not... to be honest I dont think it would cheapen a single aspect of the game if you could just afk next to a training dummy and get 300 wep skill eventually. It's not like weapon skill training actually adds anything to the game. It's just pointless time wasting anyways.

3 hours ago, Caber said:

Just as a little thought... there's 8k players on Elysium at nearly all times. There's like 500 people on the PTR whenever it's going. The main method of finding out bugs, exploits and broken mechanics is usually hitting target dummies on the PTR.

Wouldn't it be nice if people could test shit on Elysium itself instead of having to run to the PTR? You can argue "but they could just go on the PTR" but again: 8k players vs 500 players. Surely it'd aid the overall atmosphere of testing things and help improve the server.

As for the weapon skill concern, I assume they could just turn it off on those. And if not... to be honest I dont think it would cheapen a single aspect of the game if you could just afk next to a training dummy and get 300 wep skill eventually. It's not like weapon skill training actually adds anything to the game. It's just pointless time wasting anyways.

You hit the ptr to test. Not for the atmosphere. 

Wanna test on elysium? Go to blasted lands

On 9/23/2017 at 11:15 AM, Justme said:

You hit the ptr to test. Not for the atmosphere. 

Wanna test on elysium? Go to blasted lands

Yeah except nobody does that. You'd still have more people testing in the end.

I completely understand why they wouldn't do it, but there's distinct benefits

Blizz like gets thrown around here like it means something. When none of i prob ever played wow with no addons and raided mc-naxx aswell.  most of u dont understand true vanilla blizzlike LOL... there are a bunch of non blizz like changes this company had made and it turned out to be good... since i feel like being a smart ass.. True Vanilla= no addons @ all.. even in raids.. but none of u seem to do that anymore.. so if u gunna run nolamik down.. look at urself u all use addons which in smart terms is not true blizzlike.  On a side note alot of people rewrote or made new addons for 1.12.1 which u guys use.. Guess what?????? thats not blizzlike either.. His idea is a good one

I think adding dummies would be a good idea for new players.. How many true vanilla vets are on here and leveld 1-60 with no addons and cleared all raids with no addons ? i cant be the only one..

Don't worry Nolamik.. alright of people on here think there hardcore vanilla vets... there mad since there last cheese got stuck in there keyboard and now they QQ

40 minutes ago, BlowUp said:

Don't worry Nolamik.. alright of people on here think there hardcore vanilla vets... there mad since there last cheese got stuck in there keyboard and now they QQ

huge flaw in your argument, most of these addons existed and were used frequently in vanilla. I would consider them blizzlike and true vanilla.

And what is with that last statement? Only person I see QQ'ing at this moment is you, and if you are trying to use a player you met earlier as an example, you probably pissed him off with all your misinformed, elitist fallacies of "I'm right YOU'RE wrong no matter what!"

Lol im not QQing.. im sick of ppl hating on ppl trying ti come up with ideas.. and if u played wow in beta and at launch.. very few addons were around and if you want to put a label on it.. the "hardcore raiders" didnt use addons.. if u ever applied to any those guilds.. these questions were on the applications frequently. Addons didnt get popular till after tier 2 patch... even then most raiders atleast the good one who took the time to do there research and not get spoon fed with noobish addons. Apparently timing and re planning fights is to hard for people. When it is'nt it takes practice. Unfortunalty ppl like to take the easy way out now a days.. which is not a TRUE blizz like vanilla... This place is blizzlike but not True blizzlike so people need to stop throwing the word TRUE in there all the time.. when they have no idea what true blizzlike really is.

I didnt say im right nor wrong lol read the posts.. He had a good idea with the training dummies.. and ppl are saying ppl would abuse it to increase wep skill.. well Dummies do u not think the dev could script it so ur wep skill doesnt increase when u attack the dummy? Dummies were made to help u perfect u spec and play style not to increase ur wep skill.. which is what those ppl above were saying.

Im not qqing im sticking up for the original author.. There is no RIGHT or WRONG at the end of the day its all based on ones opinion... thats what a forum is all about... The Author said his... the ppl before me said theres.. and i said mine.. and now you've said yours.. next time dig deeper rather than jump in and tryna be the cool dude haha.. anyways god bless riplip