gunseful

Pet's training points

Hi there, 

I'm sorry if this topic can't be posted in this section, but...

Help me please with my pet's training points.

He has always "-4", and I can't train anything

I have abandon my previous pet and get another but problem still exists. Me and my pet walking around the world, killing mobs. He has received a level, but still -4 training points. Wtf?

Oh and he's losing his mood very fast. I feeded him, then we killing 1-2 mobs and again I have to feed him. (just like my real life pets :D)

btw when I tamed the pet I feeded him instantly, and of course I gave him his favorite food (crabs love some fruit).

HELP PLS CANT PLAY :C

Hl0x_uBc0W8.jpg

Edited by gunseful

This is one of those slightly confusing things until you reach the "Oh, I see..." moment of understanding how stuff works.

Your Crab is Loyalty Level 1 ... Rebellious.  It's right there at the top of the Pet (Crab) window.  The number of Training Points a Pet has available is their Level (in this case, 11) ... multiplied by their Loyalty (in this case, 1) minus 1.  So, 11*(1-1)=?? ... and if you answered ZERO then you are correct.  If your Crab was at max Loyalty (6) and was still Level 11, it would have 11*(6-1)=55 Training Points.

But because your Pet is newly Tamed and still at the Loyalty 1 (Rebellious) stage, it has ZERO Training Points available.  Doesn't matter if it's Level 10 or Level 60, ALL Pets at the Rebellious stage of Loyalty have ZERO Training Points.  Thus, in order to get Training Points on your Pet that you can spend on things, you need to raise your Pet's Loyalty above 1.  How do you do that?  By keeping your Pet fed so that its Happiness level (the red/yellow/green face icon) stays green as much as possible.  Do not "spam" food at your Pet in rapid succession if you don't enjoy WASTING food, since the Feed Pet effect is a buff that takes time to take effect.  If you use Feed Pet again before the last buff has worn off, all you're doing is overwriting (and thus LOSING) the remaining benefits of the previous Feed Pet effect that got terminated early.

So when the Happiness icon for your Pet goes from green to yellow, Feed them ONCE ... WAIT for the Feed Pet buff to expire ... and then If And Only If the Happiness icon for your Pet isn't green yet, Feed them again ... WAIT for the buff to expire ... and so on.

Once the Happiness icon for your Pet is green, and you pay attention to keep it green, all you have to do is WAIT.  You don't have to fight anything, or have your Pet fight anything (and in some ways it's better if you don't have them fighting) ... you just need to spend Time Logged In with your Pet summoned beside you.  That's because Happiness is adding up on your Pet as time passes, and when Happiness stacks up over time to reach a certain threshold, your Pet's Loyalty will increase by +1, up to a maximum of 6 (Best Friend).

The thing to note is that the red/yellow/green Happiness level indicator will have its state "decay" over time away from green to yellow to red, and if you take too long to Feed your Pet while their Happiness is red level your Pet can Abandon YOU and never come back (because you refused to "care" for your Pet by Feeding them and keeping them Happy with the arrangement of staying with you).  How "rapidly" this Happiness level will decay over time depends on your Pet's Loyalty.  At Loyalty 1 (Rebellious) the red/yellow/green state of Happiness will decay quite rapidly, so you'll be needing to Feed your Pet every 5-10 minutes or so.  At Loyalty 6 (Best Friend) the red/yellow/green state of Happiness will decay remarkably slowly, so you'll be needing to Feed your Pet only once per hour or so of time played (together).

Note that raising Loyalty is NOT an XP grind.  It is not a Kill(s per hour) grind.  It isn't even, technically, a Food grind, although you will need to periodically Feed your Pet to keep them at green Happiness for the duration.  No, raising Loyalty is a TIME SPENT (with your Pet) grind.  You don't have to be "doing" anything with your Pet other than be logged in on your Hunter, have your Pet "out" beside you, and Feed them whenever their Happiness drops below green to yellow so as to keep them Happy and accrue Happiness towards their next Loyalty uprank.  That's it.

Ah ... but then why does your Crab have -4 Training Points instead of zero? (I hear you ask)

Well, that's because your Crab, when trained, comes with a "native" Pet Skill that it already knows (and keeps!) when you Tamed it.  You can see it on the Beast Training window, in grey (because your Pet already "knows" it) ... Claw (Rank 2).  That skill of Claw (Rank 2) doesn't come for "free" in terms of Training Points.  As you can clearly see, it costs 4 TP for a Pet to have that Pet Skill.

But at Loyalty 1, your Pet has ZERO Training Points available for learning Pet Skills from your Hunter ... and zero minus four is ... -4.

Now if your Pet was Loyalty 2, at Level 11, it would have 11*(2-1)=11 Training Points ... but 4 of those Training Points would already have been spent on Claw (Rank 2), so you would only have another 7 Training Points to spend (because 11-4=7).

So the moral of the story is that you can't train ANY new skills into a newly Tamed Pet (aside from Growl, which costs no Training Points) no matter what Level that Pet is, because at the Rebellious stage of Loyalty they all start with zero (or negative, in this case) Training Points to spend.  It's only after increasing their Loyalty to 2+ that you start seeing a surplus of Training Points that allow you to start giving them extra Pet Skills.  At Loyalty 6 and Level 60, the maximum number of Training Points you'll have available to spend will be 300.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070221052606/http://petopia.brashendeavors.net:80/html/articles/skills_main.shtml

http://web.archive.org/web/20070221051250/http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/html/articles/skills_list.shtml

http://web.archive.org/web/20070226134300/http://petopia.brashendeavors.net:80/html/articles/resources/petcalc.html

2 часа назад, Roxanne Flowers сказал:

This is one of those slightly confusing things until you reach the "Oh, I see..." moment of understanding how stuff works.

Your Crab is Loyalty Level 1 ... Rebellious.  It's right there at the top of the Pet (Crab) window.  The number of Training Points a Pet has available is their Level (in this case, 11) ... multiplied by their Loyalty (in this case, 1) minus 1.  So, 11*(1-1)=?? ... and if you answered ZERO then you are correct.  If your Crab was at max Loyalty (6) and was still Level 11, it would have 11*(6-1)=55 Training Points.

But because your Pet is newly Tamed and still at the Loyalty 1 (Rebellious) stage, it has ZERO Training Points available.  Doesn't matter if it's Level 10 or Level 60, ALL Pets at the Rebellious stage of Loyalty have ZERO Training Points.  Thus, in order to get Training Points on your Pet that you can spend on things, you need to raise your Pet's Loyalty above 1.  How do you do that?  By keeping your Pet fed so that its Happiness level (the red/yellow/green face icon) stays green as much as possible.  Do not "spam" food at your Pet in rapid succession if you don't enjoy WASTING food, since the Feed Pet effect is a buff that takes time to take effect.  If you use Feed Pet again before the last buff has worn off, all you're doing is overwriting (and thus LOSING) the remaining benefits of the previous Feed Pet effect that got terminated early.

So when the Happiness icon for your Pet goes from green to yellow, Feed them ONCE ... WAIT for the Feed Pet buff to expire ... and then If And Only If the Happiness icon for your Pet isn't green yet, Feed them again ... WAIT for the buff to expire ... and so on.

Once the Happiness icon for your Pet is green, and you pay attention to keep it green, all you have to do is WAIT.  You don't have to fight anything, or have your Pet fight anything (and in some ways it's better if you don't have them fighting) ... you just need to spend Time Logged In with your Pet summoned beside you.  That's because Happiness is adding up on your Pet as time passes, and when Happiness stacks up over time to reach a certain threshold, your Pet's Loyalty will increase by +1, up to a maximum of 6 (Best Friend).

The thing to note is that the red/yellow/green Happiness level indicator will have its state "decay" over time away from green to yellow to red, and if you take too long to Feed your Pet while their Happiness is red level your Pet can Abandon YOU and never come back (because you refused to "care" for your Pet by Feeding them and keeping them Happy with the arrangement of staying with you).  How "rapidly" this Happiness level will decay over time depends on your Pet's Loyalty.  At Loyalty 1 (Rebellious) the red/yellow/green state of Happiness will decay quite rapidly, so you'll be needing to Feed your Pet every 5-10 minutes or so.  At Loyalty 6 (Best Friend) the red/yellow/green state of Happiness will decay remarkably slowly, so you'll be needing to Feed your Pet only once per hour or so of time played (together).

Note that raising Loyalty is NOT an XP grind.  It is not a Kill(s per hour) grind.  It isn't even, technically, a Food grind, although you will need to periodically Feed your Pet to keep them at green Happiness for the duration.  No, raising Loyalty is a TIME SPENT (with your Pet) grind.  You don't have to be "doing" anything with your Pet other than be logged in on your Hunter, have your Pet "out" beside you, and Feed them whenever their Happiness drops below green to yellow so as to keep them Happy and accrue Happiness towards their next Loyalty uprank.  That's it.

Ah ... but then why does your Crab have -4 Training Points instead of zero? (I hear you ask)

Well, that's because your Crab, when trained, comes with a "native" Pet Skill that it already knows (and keeps!) when you Tamed it.  You can see it on the Beast Training window, in grey (because your Pet already "knows" it) ... Claw (Rank 2).  That skill of Claw (Rank 2) doesn't come for "free" in terms of Training Points.  As you can clearly see, it costs 4 TP for a Pet to have that Pet Skill.

But at Loyalty 1, your Pet has ZERO Training Points available for learning Pet Skills from your Hunter ... and zero minus four is ... -4.

Now if your Pet was Loyalty 2, at Level 11, it would have 11*(2-1)=11 Training Points ... but 4 of those Training Points would already have been spent on Claw (Rank 2), so you would only have another 7 Training Points to spend (because 11-4=7).

So the moral of the story is that you can't train ANY new skills into a newly Tamed Pet (aside from Growl, which costs no Training Points) no matter what Level that Pet is, because at the Rebellious stage of Loyalty they all start with zero (or negative, in this case) Training Points to spend.  It's only after increasing their Loyalty to 2+ that you start seeing a surplus of Training Points that allow you to start giving them extra Pet Skills.  At Loyalty 6 and Level 60, the maximum number of Training Points you'll have available to spend will be 300.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070221052606/http://petopia.brashendeavors.net:80/html/articles/skills_main.shtml

http://web.archive.org/web/20070221051250/http://petopia.brashendeavors.net/html/articles/skills_list.shtml

http://web.archive.org/web/20070226134300/http://petopia.brashendeavors.net:80/html/articles/resources/petcalc.html

wow man

I love you <3

thx a lot

in fact if there is a way to do "online blowjob", I'd do it for you, just soooo good help.

:D :D 

Edited by gunseful

9 hours ago, gunseful said:

wow man

I love you <3

thx a lot

in fact if there is a way to do "online blowjob", I'd do it for you, just soooo good help.

:D :D 

Careful where you point that firehose of gratitude you're holding there (^_~).  If you go looking for the kinds of topics I've started, and opinions I've posted, in the Priest, Mage, Rogue and Hunter Forums, you'll find that my sensibilities are WELL outside the mainstream of what most Players are looking for ... but then I've never been the type who is happy to conform to cookie cutters and follow the well worn Conventional Wisdom ground into the wagon ruts of where EVERYONE Has Gone Before™.

Oh and some of my posts have a WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOU!!! quality of verbosity to them, although I'd like to think that the conversational style of my writing yields more signal than noise.  Your mileage may vary, of course.  But then I'm the sort of person that believes that, quote ... Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer ... unquote.  Ye ken hoo i'tis.

In my experience, no you don't.  You can do that, but you don't have to do that.  I know this because I recently (within the past couple of weeks) Tamed Lupos on Darrowshire, fought hardly anything at all with my Tamed Lupos and have already reached Loyalty 6 just by going AFK with my Hunter while eating breakfast myself (Feed Player, Feed Pet ... well, at least there is symmetry) and just letting the Loyalty increases roll in over time.  So in this case I'm pretty sure I'm standing on firm ground, simply because I've done it (recently).

On 9/24/2017 at 4:06 PM, Oakenlix said:

@Roxanne Flowers, you do need to kill mobs that give exp to your pet though, to improve loyalty. Or at the very least it speeds up the process.

I was under the impression that your pet needed to get 5% of the xp you, the player, needed to gain another level, in order to increase loyalty.

You need to kill mobs for your Pet to gain XP to raise their (combat) Level, all the way up to Level 60.

You need to keep your Pet fed and Happy to raise their Loyalty, all the way up to Loyalty 6 (Best Friend).

The former requires combat.  The latter requires time spent logged in with the Pet "out" beside you (and in a Happy state condition).  These are different things.

On 9/27/2017 at 9:01 AM, Roxanne Flowers said:

You need to kill mobs for your Pet to gain XP to raise their (combat) Level, all the way up to Level 60.

You need to keep your Pet fed and Happy to raise their Loyalty, all the way up to Loyalty 6 (Best Friend).

The former requires combat.  The latter requires time spent logged in with the Pet "out" beside you (and in a Happy state condition).  These are different things.

I can also say that loyalty and happiness is different and correct. You don't "need" to kill mobs and level your pet to gain loyalty. Just feed it and keep it happy and loyalty will follow....just slower.