Sign in to follow this  
Jawohl

Naxxramas - World Buffs Y/N ?

Naxxramas - World Buffs  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Naxxramas - World Buffs Y/N

• World Buffs should be available for Naxxramas as originally scheluded ( next maintenance )
    • World Buffs should REMAIN UNAVAILABLE for Naxxramas longer than originally scheluded ( Until Re-Evaluating the situation )

It would be nice if the Guild masters / Re-Presentatives of major guilds on Anathema would share their thoughts or give their vote about this matter. Individuals are also free to give their Vote in the poll attached to give us potentially better understanding about the popular opinion. Please share the poll with your friends because

TIME IS RUNNING OUT ON US!

It have been a hot topic these past two weeks regarding the World buff's and Naxxramas in many of the guilds playing on Anathema. Is it bad or good thing? Should the World Buffs be kept out for a longer period of time even? Or should we just follow the original plan and Re~Implement the World buff's the next coming maintenance as intended?

It seems that however there are mixed opinions about this matter, the majority vote regarding this on the Horde side among the larger EU/US guilds, including mine, leans towards the opinion that : World Buff's should be kept away from Naxxramas for Longer period of time than originally intended.

Lets face it:

Guilds are highly geared so working our way in the survivability aspect of the fights by perfecting tactics and planning is doable for us all.
Guilds , great majority of them have not yet reached Sapphiron or Kel'Thuzad therefore not really gotten the idea and experience of searching ways and working together to overcome those long, exhausting and attrition based fights. The journey itself to reach those bosses is a thing, and then actually working your way thro them is another!
Guilds have not yet gotten good enough of sense that Naxxramas is very time consuming raid in wich you need to perfect your ways of handling it so that you can move forward and reach the end boss's, progress them and eventually kill them thus giving the sensation of succes.

Re-Implementing World Buff's  --WILL-- make almost every fight in Naxxramas become an overkill. They will overwrite the need for perfecting tactics and working together to overcome by instead giving us the opportunity to stomp everything, because lets be honest Naxxramas for the most part (all the way to 4HM/Sapph/KT) is rather "easy" already.

Gemt from Phoenix picked this topic up in the Horde World Boss Alliance  discord , we have had discussions about this inside the guild/guilds and it appears that great majority feels that it would be better for the Community of Anathema to simply keep the World Buff's out of Naxxramas for a longer period of time than the original 2 weeks intended.
It gives us a better chance, understanding and means to grow together as guilds and communities to slowly work our way thro the content with teamwork and planning, instead of DPS / Stack stamina Rushing.
It also maintains a certain level of brotherly competitiveness in the raiding between the Guilds and creating those small gaps between achievements. World Buffs could potentially destroy a great deal of that.

Thank you very much for your time.

Jawohl - Kaamos

Well summed up.

Seems all guilds raiding Naxx have a very large majority of players in favor of keeping them disabled either forever or at least for way longer than initially planned. 

However a part of players would also enjoy being able to test and push their limits on the above mentioned "easy bosses" when it comes to dps, raid dps, kill times and whatnot. 

I personally think there is no need for them to keep a "competitive" raiding atmosphere. But I do see the appeal of having buffs enabled for these parsing reasons. 

Perhaps a good alternative would be to enable them again in a near future for certain wings (following a retail progression for instance) while keeping them disabled for the last wing. 

Saph/KT and to some extent 4HM (the execution of the encounter and gear on specific classes has much more impact than on other bosses, thus decreasing the importance of buffs a bit) are truely challenging without buffs while remaining in the reach of most guilds considering the gear they have for it. 

Adding world buffs for these 2 or 3 would simply make them go from actual rewarding challenges (whose difficulties naturally decrease overtime as players get more gear) to simple loot pinatas. 

Some projects go with tuning hp dmg and whatnot, most of the time ending up being poor design choices with no actual calculations behind them. I do not think this is the proper answer seeing how the content remains relevant just by removing these world buffs. 

If you want to keep it difficult and competitive, just don't use the world buffs.

There's no need to restrict casual players like that.

I think the OP formulated it very well. And I never did like the world buffs. It is fun to compare and check raidstats, it doesn't define your skills, but it's fun. With world buffs those stats are a bit more of a "gamble" since you might die on many encounters without doing much wrong. 

And the argument that if we don't want buffs, don't use them then. That simply just removes any fun with raidstats :) since those that won't use the buffs will just drop down like rocks in water. If they work, people are pretty much obligated to take them or get kicked/loot banned etc from the guild ^^

World buffs gets a big nay from me. 

17 minutes ago, Oakenlix said:

If you want to keep it difficult and competitive, just don't use the world buffs.

There's no need to restrict casual players like that.

Naxxaramas is supposed to be hard, and the notion that casual players shoulden't have it hard is the reason that retail is shit.

Extend it for atleast another 2 weeks and let almost everyone have some good times on the final 3 bosses imo. 

Speaking for my meme guild, we are enjoying progressing through the raid as it is. I would say keep them disabled permanently, nevermind another 2 weeks.

The fights are fun and interesting. Its nice pushing through a challenging fight instead of just getting wbuffs and rolling through after failing to kill it without buffs. Also I would have thought casual players would enjoy not having to spend so much time preparing to raid, getting buffs. 

2 hours ago, Trazer said:

Naxxaramas is supposed to be hard, and the notion that casual players shoulden't have it hard is the reason that retail is shit.

It is hard enough as it is, the point is that you want it to be hard for you and your guild to enjoy this content, and in that case you can just leave the buffs out. You don't have to restrict other players from it just because you enjoy it this way.

Scuba Cops (newly 15/15 Naxx no World buffs!) reporting in:

The general consensus is we're having a fucking BLAST doing Naxx without having to

1. Worry about buffing 5 hours before raid and remaining logged out (we get to play our mains on raid day!)
  2. Actually struggling with many bosses is player execution is off slightly.

Overall most of our members enjoy not having World Buffs in Naxx, but there are still a handful in our guild that are interested to see what Naxx is like when we have them back since it is technically Blizzlike.

Short suggestion that was breifly mentioned among the Scuba player base would be to only enable World Buffs in Naxx during Dark Moon Faire week or something if the server wanted to go the route of disabling them forever, this might give people something to look forward too every month.

TLDR - Keep World Buffs out for a little longer, but still a portion of the community that wants them back eventually.

27 minutes ago, Oakenlix said:

It is hard enough as it is, the point is that you want it to be hard for you and your guild to enjoy this content, and in that case you can just leave the buffs out. You don't have to restrict other players from it just because you enjoy it this way.

You say its so hard, i wonder how far your guild is in naxx, because with just adding some more dps and health you can ignore alot of mechanics and make hard fights like loatheb easy due to the shorter fight length and  high healeth making it easy to control. And the cased to "just leave the buffs out" is just not possible, if a guild doesn't use wbuffs they wont be able to stay competitive, and they might loose members to other "better" guilds that have it easier with wbuffs

Have to agree with the idea of having no world buffs for at least another couple weeks. I also really like having no world buffs. Your HP pool actually matters as a mage in the current state, thus actually making naxx gear dependant for more people (not just the maintank).

1 hour ago, Forest_ said:

Scuba Cops (newly 15/15 Naxx no World buffs!) reporting in:

The general consensus is we're having a fucking BLAST doing Naxx without having to

1. Worry about buffing 5 hours before raid and remaining logged out (we get to play our mains on raid day!)
  2. Actually struggling with many bosses if player execution is off slightly.

This basically. Keep that shit disabled except on DMF weeks. 

Edited by Azs

I think some sort of balance would be best for everyone's interests. Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but I really like the idea of world buffs only during Darkmoon Faire.

10 minutes ago, Ash said:

I hide in the shadows, reading posts.

Are you the homeless man living in my closet?

also I'm down for an extension, but they should be added in so sappers can take them away again ;)

3 hours ago, Dozzy said:

Extend it for atleast another 2 weeks and let almost everyone have some good times on the final 3 bosses imo. 

I feel like this is a good compromise.

Elysium players, you can talk about this when you get naxx next year, but for now, let the big bois talk about it

Please, disable them for all the raids, spending +2 hours getting DMT+Songflower+ZG Buff+Ony/Nef buff+DMF is autistic as fuck

3 minutes ago, Althea said:

Elysium players, you can talk about this when you get naxx next year, but for now, let the big bois talk about it

I'm not entirely sure who are you referring to, but I play only on Anathema.

1 minute ago, Keala said:

I'm not entirely sure who are you referring to, but I play only on Anathema.

I was speaking to the guy who said that naxx is hard

4 minutes ago, Althea said:

Please, disable them for all the raids, spending +2 hours getting DMT+Songflower+ZG Buff+Ony/Nef buff+DMF is autistic as fuck

I think there is a better middleground to this, having wbuffs disabled for the highest tier of content would make it challenging and much more competitive while wbuffs for the easier content makes it less of a burdon to do and makes it easier for lower tier guilds to catch up and begin on the harder content.

Dreamstate tuning in.

We do not oppose prolonging the current measure which prevents worldbuffs in Naxxramas.

However, we are not the ones affected the most by it. The race is over for us and we will clear Naxxramas every week with or without worldbuffs.

The opinions of the guilds still progressing should matter slightly more on this topic then the opinions of the guilds that are done progressing.

Hey there!

World buffs will be disabled for a bit longer. This will not be permanent but due to the vast majority of higher tier guilds and even casual players..they will remain unavailable for a bit longer.