Sign in to follow this  
Varrak

1-60 in /played 3 days 9 hours 30 minutes

1 hour ago, donkey said:

Nice job of moving the goalposts you subhuman mong, only point I presented was that they made the game easier in TBC, it doesn't matter if its the last 5 seconds of the expansion (which it isn't), it'd still be true.

Now crawl back to your cave you absolute cretin and stop polluting this thread.

It does matter though in terms of what mangos is representing, pre-2.4 or post-2.4?

Cuz thats what the whole argument is about, whether or not elysium currently is harder than original vanilla.

MaNGOS has quest texts of cataclysm, it has game objects of WOTLK and later. It has TBC stats on mobs and other things.

It really doesn't matter, the point remains the same, elysium/MaNGOS vanilla isn't like retail vanilla.
It is 'Blizzlike' not 'Blizzcopy'.

9 hours ago, Oakenlix said:

It does matter though in terms of what mangos is representing, pre-2.4 or post-2.4?

Cuz thats what the whole argument is about, whether or not elysium currently is harder than original vanilla.

Not when the cretin's proposal was that TBC was harder in every way, which I responded to after he got off track the original subject.

And yes, MaNGOS still doesn't have the correct values for original vanilla, nor is the mob behaviour correct unless it's fixed.

Just want to throw in some "proper" data for this discussion, if you look at James old alliance leveling guide (http://www.wow-pro.com/leveling_guides/old_versions) he has screenshots of his xp/h for different quest/grind routes, by doing the exact same route and comparing your own xp/h its easy to see that you usually get a higher xp/h, regardless of class. 

I've looked at the differences in xp gain, and for example the first tiger quest in Stranglethorn gave me 1,300 xp, whereas it gave Joana 1,250. This is a very small difference. At higher levels the gap is wider, for example Mission Accomplished in Western Plaguelands (after finishing all four cauldrons) gave me 13,500, whereas it gave Joana 9,300. Certainly this difference in high level quest xp accounts for some of the difference in total time. However, even if you calculate 50 quests at 2k xp difference each, that's only 100k xp, which is less than half a level (near 60), and which amounts to a couple of hours of played time, at most.

I contend that my run is still significantly faster than his.

lvling 1-70 in TBC takes SAME amount of time as lvling 1-60 during Vanilla times. And yeah, ofc 60-70 "pre-nerfed" cause Blizzard wants people to "see" TBC content

Blizzard removed old world elite quests and increased XP gains in patch 2.3 for TBC. Before that, there had been no changes to levelling.

2 hours ago, Pottu said:

Blizzard removed old world elite quests and increased XP gains in patch 2.3 for TBC. Before that, there had been no changes to levelling.

Comments from the super coach!

Sometimes i feel like these forums are like american politics. If you disagree with me you must be a complete and utter idiot who I will immediatly insult and wish bodily harm to.

Sigh.

I instantly stopped watching when I saw it is on the PvE server... kek... And you are complaining about differences in between Vanilla and the Mangos core haha. This boy is playing a totally different game than I do.

36 minutes ago, Madmage said:

I instantly stopped watching when I saw it is on the PvE server... kek... And you are complaining about differences in between Vanilla and the Mangos core haha. This boy is playing a totally different game than I do.

PvP server adds a lot of randomness to levelling speed, competing there would make no sense.