Sign in to follow this  
Vallien

Prot Enchant/Libram Discussion

Hey Guys,

Just wondering about your thoughts of preferences for enchants and librams for prot spec? I am about to level 60 and am somewhat daunted by the lack of intellect on pre raid gear.. so i was wondering if slotting in mana/int enchants in places is worthwhile or not. Also for sheild enchant i would assume 2% block is absolutely the best but again my logic  might be found lacking.

Hit me up :) Cheers

9 hours ago, Vallien said:

Hey Guys,

Just wondering about your thoughts of preferences for enchants and librams for prot spec? I am about to level 60 and am somewhat daunted by the lack of intellect on pre raid gear.. so i was wondering if slotting in mana/int enchants in places is worthwhile or not. Also for sheild enchant i would assume 2% block is absolutely the best but again my logic  might be found lacking.

Hit me up :) Cheers

Stamina , nothing else as Prot until you pick ZG enchants, 2% block worth nothing for you on shield either , you want to focus on your weakness and that is Stamina and lack of HP .

lack of intellect doesn't matter at all and useless, you have seals/judges for mana and blessing for mana and pots/runes for mana .

/Kind regards Killerduki

Thanks for the reply Killer :) Solid advice... can you elaborate on the 2% block enchant? Is stamina always better.. even when better geared?

Also when it comes to librams is 100hp the best.. even over 125 armor? I'm now curious as to if the enchants adivce changes as you get better geared and if so how.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Vallien said:

Also when it comes to librams is 100hp the best.. even over 125 armor? I'm now curious as to if the enchants adivce changes as you get better geared and if so how.

Armor enchant will only get worse as your gear increases because of diminishing returns.

1 hour ago, Xaph said:

Armor enchant will only get worse as your gear increases because of diminishing returns.

For Paladin is not the same as Warrior , diminishing wont impact on Palas that much , Armor is good , but not the best choice.

7 hours ago, Vallien said:

Thanks for the reply Killer :) Solid advice... can you elaborate on the 2% block enchant? Is stamina always better.. even when better geared?

Thanks

2% chance to block wont affect much , since you already do block and avoid 60% of the swings thanks to Holy Shield , but you need extra HP pool to survive Crushing Blows  and you have lower Stamina Gear choice compare to Warrs.

Also you can't get Crush Cap so 2% Block is pointless unless there is some AoE fight.

/Kind regards Killerduki

11 hours ago, killerduki said:

For Paladin is not the same as Warrior , diminishing wont impact on Palas that much , Armor is good , but not the best choice.

2% chance to block wont affect much , since you already do block and avoid 60% of the swings thanks to Holy Shield , but you need extra HP pool to survive Crushing Blows  and you have lower Stamina Gear choice compare to Warrs.

Also you can't get Crush Cap so 2% Block is pointless unless there is some AoE fight.

/Kind regards Killerduki

I have a question. Would forcing a crit by sitting for redoubt be a valuable trade as you can only be crit the once and you could be immune to crushing blows as long as Holy Shield is active? I would think it would be as it makes the incoming damage more predictable and controlled.

11 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

I have a question. Would forcing a crit by sitting for redoubt be a valuable trade as you can only be crit the once and you could be immune to crushing blows as long as Holy Shield is active? I would think it would be as it makes the incoming damage more predictable and controlled.

That's even worse , i mean , people confuse Crushing Blows with something dangerous and monster and it leads many into false "OMG you will die from Crushing Blows".

In reality , there is 15% chance (can be reduced by overall avoidance "mainly high end gear") to eat crushing blow .

Crushing Blow is 50% more damage done toward tank per blow only (don't get confused with swing) (this will happen to Warrior even if he lost ticks from shield blocks and that makes paladin advantage due to 4 ticks).

Crushing Blow damage can be reduced by Armor .

What you get from /sit is "Critical"

Critical is 100% more damage done toward tank per Crit and it have much higher chance to land compare to Crushing Blow.

Critical Strike can be removed with "Avoidance Cap" same as Crushing Blows , unlike Warriors , we can't get Cap , but with high end gear we can reduce this to 5% or 10%.

Def Cap removes Critical Strikes.

Armor reduce the damage from Critical Strikes.

Crushing Blows are 50% damage done VS Critical Strike which are 100% damage done.

Hope this will make it clear why /Sit is so wrong to do as a Tank and false theory, unless you want to AoE for Aggro which in my opinion is not  a problem at all ;)

/Kind regards Killerduki

What I'm trying to say is that with redoubt and holy shield together you can be avoidance capped rather easily. This would guarentee that the next 4 hits would be either fully avoided or blocked leaving no room for crushing blows.

Though now that I'm thinking about it, trading 100% of a swing for only a 2% chance of  breaking even doesn't sound even remotely like a good idea. For the record: .3% for 3 in a row and .05% chance for 4 in a row.

Also is there a hard cap on defense?

12 hours ago, Whitewolf said:

What I'm trying to say is that with redoubt and holy shield together you can be avoidance capped rather easily. This would guarentee that the next 4 hits would be either fully avoided or blocked leaving no room for crushing blows.

Though now that I'm thinking about it, trading 100% of a swing for only a 2% chance of  breaking even doesn't sound even remotely like a good idea. For the record: .3% for 3 in a row and .05% chance for 4 in a row.

1 Critical Strike = 2x Crushing Blows

Because Crushing Blows are 15% chance (or less with gear), you will never get more than 1-2x over 10 seconds, which mean it's useless and even worse to do that.

440 is cap and can be achieved thru pre raid gear

true , that's why i said Stamina is better since HP pool is our weakness.

/Kind regards Killerduki

1 minute ago, Whitewolf said:

So there is no benefit what so ever beyond 440?

440 is crit immune only

There are minor benefits , but pointless and extremely hard to achieve .

each 25 defense will give you 1% dodge , 1% parry , 1% block , 1% miss

3 minutes ago, killerduki said:

440 is crit immune only

There are minor benefits , but pointless and extremely hard to achieve .

each 25 defense will give you 1% dodge , 1% parry , 1% block , 1% miss

That is what I thought. Every 6.25 defense is worth 1% avoidance. every 8.33 defense is worth 1% complete damage avoidance (dodge, parry, miss)

Def skill isn’t completely wasted after 440 skill, but you will get better bang for your buck by stacking block, dodge, and parry once you have 440 Def.