Ashteloren

Which path will you choose in the future?

I know: "god, not a poll". However, no new Elysium servers are coming out anytime soon, not before 2018 is well on its way, so it's not about hyping anything, I was simply thinking that it would be interesting to see what you guys want to do next year when you have more options, where exactly you want to be, and of course: why?

Here's the poll: http://www.strawpoll.me/14145329

Like I said, it would be kind of you to add a comment (and, more importantly, it would probably be an interesting read).

Thank you guys, have fun on Elyium ;-)

nb: yes, I also made a thread on reddit about it.

4 minutes ago, killerduki said:

The last thing someone would do is Crestfall

Not even sure what that means? You mean the last thing someone should vote for or something?

Human beings tend to project their hopes and wishes onto an upcoming product. The mechanism is commonly referred to as "hype". Maybe Crestfall will live up to its hype. Maybe it will turn out to be vaporware like CoreCraft. We will see...

22 minutes ago, Mahtan said:

Human beings tend to project their hopes and wishes onto an upcoming product. The mechanism is commonly referred to as "hype". Maybe Crestfall will live up to its hype. Maybe it will turn out to be vaporware like CoreCraft. We will see...

I think it's about people learning their lessons.

Don't take me wrong, If there's one project out there that I'm interested in, it's crestfall, it was the case before and it still is.

However, with all these disappointments:

-Corecraft's failure

-PlayTBC (lol who didn't see that one coming though)

-Nostalrius's shutdown (although they decided to do it)

-The Elysium drama and the end of the LGN partnership

-Felmyst's shutdown (and this time, Blizzard went as far as to send someone to the guy's place)

How could people not be careful about literally every new thing that comes out on the private server scene?

I agree with @TheDruidCode here: I'm keeping a close eye on crestfall, I'm watching it evolve, I'll try out the open beta for sure, and I'll be there if the server releases, but I'm not going to go "OMG JESUS IS COMING BACK PEOPLE" like so many people did in the past.

tldr: let's wait and see, and let's manage our expectations.

37 minutes ago, killerduki said:

The last thing someone would do is Crestfall , that project is already Titanic before it even release.

/Kind regards Killerduki

Dude we get it... you don't like CF. 

18 minutes ago, Da-name checks out said:

I think it's about people learning their lessons.

Don't take me wrong, If there's one project out there that I'm interested in, it's crestfall, it was the case before and it still is.

However, with all these disappointments:

-Corecraft's failure

-PlayTBC (lol who didn't see that one coming though)

-Nostalrius's shutdown (although they decided to do it)

-The Elysium drama and the end of the LGN partnership

-Felmyst's shutdown (and this time, Blizzard went as far as to send someone to the guy's place)

How could people not be careful about literally every new thing that comes out on the private server scene?

I agree with @TheDruidCode here: I'm keeping a close eye on crestfall, I'm watching it evolve, I'll try out the open beta for sure, and I'll be there if the server releases, but I'm not going to go "OMG JESUS IS COMING BACK PEOPLE" like so many people did in the past.

tldr: let's wait and see, and let's manage our expectations.

Can't really argue with that. However, concerning the end of the LGN alliance, iirc it was due to crestfall being worried about how all of this could have "stained" (lol) their reputation right?

I think that the current Elysium team is in a MUCH better state than it was 6-7 months ago: the staff seems professional to me in general (apart from the GM thing that happened recently), and they are actually keeping people updated when an issue arises, so I doubt that any big internal problem could cause something really bad in the future.

image.thumb.png.e07cb2574579896b41ae85cd463cab12.png

Something many tend to ignore.

The Mythical Niko and lack of ability to work with Ascent.

Question is , what this Screenshot matters with my opinion given early in this Topic? Well , the answer lies right there if anyone tend to even think wise enough.

/Kind regards Killerduki

9 minutes ago, killerduki said:

image.thumb.png.e07cb2574579896b41ae85cd463cab12.png

Something many tend to ignore.

The Mythical Niko and lack of ability to work with Ascent.

Question is , what this Screenshot matters with my opinion given early in this Topic? Well , the answer lies right there if anyone tend to even think wise enough.

/Kind regards Killerduki

I'm just saying (since it's kinda stupid to say you're wrong like a fanboy when it's a possibility after all), but I'm not sure what's so special about this? What you're saying is that Niko might or might not exist, well that's a given. BUT, people said the same thing for some elysium staff members in the past, and for other project's staff members, hell some people even said that Gummy didn't exist because he never communicates wih people.

It's not entirely impossible that they did it to reassure people, since drama is to easy to create around these parts, but it's also very likely that this Niko guy just doesn't want to be involved with the community and just wants to help out with the project?

Let's not be too hasty when it comes to judging people ;-)

1 hour ago, Mahtan said:

Maybe it will turn out to be vaporware like CoreCraft.

Please, don't mention that which must not be named, it's still too soon buddy :s

Just registered an account here since the crestfall forum will soon disappear, and it's already completely inactive :s.

All those who still want vanilla will simply abandon the old vanilla servers for crestfall, and all those who want TBC will just go to the new TBC servers, it's quite simple.

Also, I don't think this poll is accurate at all: crestfall will be quite populated, but the majority of the population will go to the tbc servers...although I'm a bit worried about the quality of Crogge's project overall.

Edited by Whichy

Yeah I'm going for TBC. 

I was a wrath player so I never got to try vanilla and TBC. 

The idea of crestfall sounds really cool though and if I hadn't started playing yet, I'd consider playing on a PTE server. I even still might do depending on how it all goes.

5 minutes ago, ScottK1994 said:

Yeah I'm going for TBC. 

The idea of crestfall sounds really cool though and if I hadn't started playing yet, I'd consider playing on a PTE server. I even still might do depending on how it all goes.

Seriously though, just wait for the legacy crusade's open beta to see if it's actually a good server or not, and decide depending on what it's really worth.

Edited by Whichy

18 hours ago, ScottK1994 said:

Yeah I'm going for TBC. 

Nothing prevents you to play on both servers...apart from the time factor of course.

Definitely going for TBC. It was generally better than vanilla anyway, but mostly because thats where all my nostalgic feelings really belong since thats when I started playing. Sad part is I already play on a TBC server with a few level 70 chars and I'll have to leave them behind, but there's not too much you can do with a peak server pop of like 800.