Sign in to follow this  
thepparker

Development Update 14.10.2017

25 posts in this topic

dev-update20171410.thumb.jpg.049b7496605c67eaf40b39b44e3c600a.jpg

This patch is currently only live on Elysium.

Elysium

Patch 1.7 Rise of the Blood god is now live! Zul'Gurub is available, along with a number of class quests. There are a significant number of item statistic changes in this patch, so be sure to clear your WDB folder to receive the updated versions.

We are aware of some issues pertaining to Zul'Gurub items, namely the token rewards, and will rectify these over the coming days.

General

• Players can no longer loot chests while under the effects of immunity spells such as Divine Shield
  • The Darkmoon Steam Tonk has received significant improvements
  • Reduced the radius of Campfires and Bonfires
  • Bosses that kill themselves will now correctly save players to the instance

Dungeons

• Blackrock Spire
    • The loot tables for Highlord Omokk, War Master Voone and Urok Doomhowl have been revised
    • Players will no longer be ejected from instances for a raid reset
    • General Drakkisath's loot table has been rebalanced for patches where certain items are not available
  • Shadowfang Keep
    • The Deathsworn Captain now has the correct chance to spawn, and has had his movement updated
  • Stratholme
    • Adjusted Timmy the Cruel's spawn point and pathing
    • Magistrate Barthilas can no longer be pulled with pets
  • Maraudon
    • Primordial Behemoths should now correctly chase players

Raids

• The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
    • Resolved an issue causing the Anubisath Sentinel's Thunderclap to deal damage twice
  • Blackwing Lair
    • Chromaggus will now always enter enrage mode once he reaches 20% health

Abilities

• Self damage is now correctly transferred with Soul Link and Blessing of Sacrifice
  • Spells and talents that give resistance to specific mechanics will now work for all spells that fall under the corresponding mechanic (some spells have differing ways of applying the mechanic)
    •     eg. Improved Concentration Aura now correctly gives a chance to resist the interrupt from a Rogue's Kick
  • Positive periodic spells will now correctly apply ticks when the target has full health without doing any actual healing
  • Non-exclusive spells of different ranks that apply buffs and debuffs should now be able to be casted on the same target
    • eg. Corruption, Mind Flay, Shadow Word: Pain, etc.

Classes

• Hunter
    • Spirit Bond will no longer generate threat
  • Druid
    • The Tier 3 2 set bonus now procs while the target is at full health
    • The Tier 3 6 set bonus now procs on Regrowth cast as well as ticks, and will proc while the target is at full health
  • Priest
    • Power Word: Shield now correctly generates threat equal to 50% of the shield amount

Quests

• Resolved an issue with the First Aid Triage quest that allowed players to walk under water
  • Corrected the race requirement for level 10 Night Elf hunter quests
  • Noble Deaths now rewards reputation for the correct faction
  • Prevented some quests from being able to spawn multiple NPCs for their objectives
  • Corrected some spelling issues with the Monument to Grom Hellscream
  • The Darkmoon Faire quest "Vibrant Plumes" now has the correct maximum reputation requirement
  • Further improvements have been made to the Missing Diplomat quest chain
    • Dashel Stonefist has returned to Stormwind City

NPCs

• Argent Medics residing at Light's Hope Chapel will now cure players of diseases acquired in the Plaguelands if they are at Honoured reputation
  • Reduced the damage and health of Number Two in accordance with the Beastiary
  • Adjusted the drops for Gerard Tiller
  • Martie Jainrose now correctly greets players when they have multiple available quests
  • Roberto Pupellyverbos, Elaine Trias and Alma Jainrose now have the correct gossip menus
  • Lady Jaina Proudmoore will now properly cast spells when engaged in combat
  • The Emerald Dragon Whelp now has the correct AI

Professions

• Artisan Fishing can no longer be learnt directly from a trainer

Items

• Implemented the Elixir of Dream Vision
  • Increased the drop chance of Draconic For Dummies chapters II and III slightly
  • Corrected the drop sources for Tromping Miner's Boots
  • Added Spellshock Leggings to the loot table of Antu'sul and Chief Ukorz Sandscalp in Zul'Furrak
  • All types of skinning hides will now stack in units of 5 until patch 1.11, where they will stack in units of 10
  • The Blasted Lands buffs should now stack with more similar, but shorter duration, effects

Love the ZG patch.

Maybe include that you removed the set bonus from Black Dragonscale?

Just now, Flexi said:

I noticed since yesterday the setbonuses on the Black Dragonscale set dont seem to work. In fact when I deleted WDB the items did not display set bonuses at all. What is going on here? Is this part of the patch?

"Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): The Black Dragonscale Leatherworking Armor pieces are now parts of a set and have set bonuses so they should be significantly more desirable."

They were never meant to have a set bonus until 1.8
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Black_Dragonscale_Boots

9 minutes ago, Jalle said:

Love the ZG patch.

Maybe include that you removed the set bonus from Black Dragonscale?

Well, it's not really a part of this update though, set bonus for Black Dragonscale shouldn't exist on Elysium so this was fixed with the new progressive database if I have understood it correctly. 

Set bonus for BD items was introduced in patch 1.8.0

So thats why the bonuses did not seem to do anything.

Thats kinda lame. I spent hundreds of gold on this set and have passed items like Truestrike and Cadaverous to guildies because of the bonuses. Im really not a big fan of retroactively nerfing item sets like this with no prior warning. I mean sure, you can say its my fault and all for not checking, but if I had to go dig into every single item in the game that I think about aquiring, and then get backup gear for every slot while trying to balance hitcaps for every possible item nerf, well. I would never have the time to play the game.

1 minute ago, Flexi said:

So thats why the bonuses did not seem to do anything.

Thats kinda lame. I spent hundreds of gold on this set and have passed items like Truestrike and Cadaverous to guildies because of the bonuses.Im really not a big fan of retroactively nerfing item sets like this with no prior warning. I mean sure, you can say its my fault and all for not checking, but if I had to go dig into every single item in the game that I think about aquiring, and then get backup gear for every slot while trying to balance hitcaps for every possible item nerf, well. I would never have the time to play the game.

It is entirely your own fault for not doing research when it is pretty public information that a lot items haven't been displaying the correct stats on Elysium until now. As the items weren't nerfed at all, the tooltip was fixed. 

2 minutes ago, lovemonkey said:

It is entirely your own fault for not doing research when it is pretty public information that a lot items haven't been displaying the correct stats on Elysium until now. As the items weren't nerfed at all, the tooltip was fixed. 

I agree

26 minutes ago, thepparker said:

Professions

• Artisan Fishing can no longer be learnt directly from a trainer

Before hand too you couldn't learn fishing from a trainer. You had to do the Nat Pagle quest to get artisan fishing.

25 минут назад, thepparker сказал:

This patch is currently only live on Elysium.

Raids

• The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
    • Resolved an issue causing the Anubisath Sentinel's Thunderclap to deal damage twice

Wut?

5 minutes ago, lovemonkey said:

So wait, are you saying the bonuses never worked? How come so many were using the set?

7 minutes ago, HDwarrior said:

Wut?

The Elysium realm runs on the latest version of the core, which includes a fully scripted AQ and Naxx. Through a simple switch in the core's config, we can set the patch of the realm (which disables the ability for normal players to enter these zones). So yes, that change is currently useless for the realm Elysium, but the same software will be also applied to the other realms asap and will of course be useful for Elysium once we switch the patch to 1.9.

Best regards!

9 minutes ago, Flexi said:

So wait, are you saying the bonuses never worked? How come so many were using the set?

Because either they didn't do research, or simply because the individual pieces are still pretty good without the setbonus. 

The displayed set bonuses were active while they were on the items. There are a lot of retro-active changes on old items, and that is the nature of itemization as you will notice with nerfed defense stats and items that have their stats re-allocated to match their item level in Blizzard's timeline. It is our hope in the future to be more consistent in this regard, and ideally we shouldn't have any items released that are unintentionally stronger than they were on retail at the time of their availability (items with spell effects that we cannot replicate due to client limitations aside).

>Shadowfang Keep

• The Deathsworn Captain now has the correct chance to spawn, and has the had his movement updated

Nice to hear that, but what with Darrowshire? I'm trying to get this Captain for 3 days by now. I've tried like 30 or 40 resets and still got nothing! And Darrowshire is PVE server, so that means that I can explore dungeons an get a fun it it. And now i'm getting only butthurt. I doesnt want to insult or blame, but really.... This is really getting my ass burned. Can you please check and fix this guy on the Darrowshire realm too, please. 

2 minutes ago, thepparker said:

The displayed set bonuses were active while they were on the items. There are a lot of retro-active changes on old items, and that is the nature of itemization as you will notice with nerfed defense stats and items that have their stats re-allocated to match their item level in Blizzard's timeline. It is our hope in the future to be more consistent in this regard, and ideally we shouldn't have any items released that are unintentionally stronger than they were on retail at the time of their availability.

Ok thanks. This is what I wanted to know. Certainly a much better reply than the one I got above. Perhaps players should try and be a little less know-it-all when they dont actually know.

30 minutes ago, lovemonkey said:

1 hour ago, JotaroKujo said:

>Shadowfang Keep

• The Deathsworn Captain now has the correct chance to spawn, and has the had his movement updated

Nice to hear that, but what with Darrowshire? I'm trying to get this Captain for 3 days by now. I've tried like 30 or 40 resets and still got nothing! And Darrowshire is PVE server, so that means that I can explore dungeons an get a fun it it. And now i'm getting only butthurt. I doesnt want to insult or blame, but really.... This is really getting my ass burned. Can you please check and fix this guy on the Darrowshire realm too, please. 

It was a bug, that is now fixed. I am sure the fixes will be applied on Darrowshire & Anathema soon (probably Wednesday), so you just need to be patient for a bit.

I understand the desire to have authentic vanilla experience, but then why don't you stop "fixing" things that blizzard didn't? 

Example: Reworking the King in tribute runs so that people are forced to teleport to him, which was not like vanilla. Tribute farming by hunters was an effective way to EARN 100g an hour roughly because not everyone can do it. There is quite a bit that can go wrong when doing this method.

On that same note when you are you going to fix BRD so that mages cannot farm 300g an hour? I know blizzard played favorites with classes and races, but this is just bullying.

References:

Edited by Qfox
Video references

Dashel Stonefist is unfortunately not there  for the missing diplomat quest chain :(

Stratholme

• Adjusted Timmy the Cruel's spawn point and pathing
  • Magistrate Barthilas can no longer be pulled with pets

Great work! /cheer

17 hours ago, Qfox said:

I understand the desire to have authentic vanilla experience, but then why don't you stop "fixing" things that blizzard didn't? 

Example: Reworking the King in tribute runs so that people are forced to teleport to him, which was not like vanilla. Tribute farming by hunters was an effective way to EARN 100g an hour roughly because not everyone can do it. There is quite a bit that can go wrong when doing this method.

On that same note when you are you going to fix BRD so that mages cannot farm 300g an hour? I know blizzard played favorites with classes and races, but this is just bullying.

References:

half of my guild already leveled up a hunteralt to farm maraudon, which still has about 80g / h.

brd was already nerfed months ago, think around april.

Wonder if they know that the flight path in Un'goro didn't exist until 1.11?

On 2017-10-15 at 9:18 AM, Qfox said:

References:

Mage farming 300g an hour in BRD? You’re lucky to get 1/10 of that now since it’s been nerfed to the ground drop wise. Get real. Also with this lag lately good luck on the elite farming. Aoe farming is a nightmare. 

Edited by Benjignome
Added note.