Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Reddakh

Can we prevail?

Recommended Posts

Once in the past, when the Vanilla battle was extremely tight and it seemed to be grueling for the majority concerning the fact if Kronos only have released their server first and not Nostalrius - we would not have been here today. Because Nostalrius won that race and eventually was entrusted by the community, we are now having this opportunity to YET again play on a fresh realm.

What am I trying to say?

Elysium suffered a lot lately and all the utterly ugly words addressed to the game masters are in one way irrelevant. 

Why?

You see, the private server scene got bigger as the time wore on. Yet it experienced big enough dramas so they could simply put Blizzard in their shadow. How affirmative did the word Legacy sounded in 2017 in comparison to the thesis How is the new expansion going to look like?

In before the server release I would gladly invite everyone who is willing to experience the TRUE vanilla journey and content to stop shilling one server over another and thereafter use their choice of freedom to play wherever they want (now that we have one community split over 3 realms :///)

I wish everyone a happy hunting on Nightraven and hopefully a successful progress to TBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

perhaps if elysium owns up to the fact that the spirit of the true server is firmly in the hands of lights hope with commitment to not make a profit and to try to stop corruption. the only fragmenting is happening is here where you guys try to keep milking the cash cow instead of owning up to the corruption and ending it with some small shred of dignity. No? Ah well I tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe we can, but it will take effort from everyone. The community, the Elysium team, and even those from Light's Hope to put the past where it belongs, in the past. Continuing nonsensical fighting will only fragment the community and chase everyone away to other servers when they arrive.

I do not believe we should forget the debacles that caused the split, and I do not believe we should sweep them under the rug, but I think that if we move forward having learned from all of this, we can co-exist as two very powerful communities in the WoW legacy realm space, and that's something worth respecting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kern said:

I do not believe we should forget the debacles that caused the split, and I do not believe we should sweep them under the rug, but I think that if we move forward having learned from all of this, we can co-exist as two very powerful communities in the WoW legacy realm space, and that's something worth respecting.

I believe sweeping abuse and exploitation under the rug is exactly what an abuser and exploiter would want us to accept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Reddakh said:

Once in the past, when the Vanilla battle was extremely tight and it seemed to be grueling for the majority concerning the fact if Kronos only have released their server first and not Nostalrius - we would not have been here today. Because Nostalrius won that race and eventually was entrusted by the community, we are now having this opportunity to YET again play on a fresh realm.

What am I trying to say?

Elysium suffered a lot lately and all the utterly ugly words addressed to the game masters are in one way irrelevant. 

Why?

You see, the private server scene got bigger as the time wore on. Yet it experienced big enough dramas so they could simply put Blizzard in their shadow. How affirmative did the word Legacy sounded in 2017 in comparison to the thesis How is the new expansion going to look like?

In before the server release I would gladly invite everyone who is willing to experience the TRUE vanilla journey and content to stop shilling one server over another and thereafter use their choice of freedom to play wherever they want (now that we have one community split over 3 realms :///)

I wish everyone a happy hunting on Nightraven and hopefully a successful progress to TBC.

Why do you WANT to prevail?  Here?  You are a revenue source to these people, not a human being.  You exist to be lied to, exploited, and generally used as part of a cash scam.  What is there to prevail over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cybaster said:

Why do you WANT to prevail?  Here?  You are a revenue source to these people, not a human being.  You exist to be lied to, exploited, and generally used as part of a cash scam.  What is there to prevail over?

Does this mean we should quit life as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for my part, think that the team should look into competing with something else than some strict adherence to some special snowflake "more blizzlike than blizzard" formula, since the worst extremists have other servers to go nowadays. We should keep being blizzlike in preserving the atmosphere and cultural treasure this world is, but some custom content that are just vanity or enhances RP:ing (a mature, adult playerbase that 'B' has always but ignored) would be welcome. One example would be the opportunity to gain rep with the Scarlet Crusade in a manner similar to the Bloodsails (ie. by grinding Argent Dawns, for Alliance only ofc.). Another nice thing that could potentially draw a lot of revenue, especially after TBC is released, is the chance to pay for the opportunity to play as a High elf. Which would only be a cosmetic thing, a blood elf with exactly the same abilities but with blue eyes, on alliance starting in Elwynn like humans (you could have Dark Irons as a Horde equivalent.. maybe). Some other stuff that wouldn't break immersion nor be a heavy burden on people's potatoes - like new models - could also be a nice change.

Community does matter. For my own part - and I really had nothing to do with the stuff that took place - I was digsuisted to see 4chan trolls come and viciously attack people who have worked their backs off for years out of love for this community and the project. Surely a lot of those probably don't even play the game and was drawn there by neo-nazi propaganda videos on youtube - but it still kinda made me despair about the future of this community which used to be known for its adult playerbase and seeking to preserve some kind of immaterial values. Community matters and people matters. People are DM:ing me on Discord and telling that they wouldn't wanna play without Shenna, for example. The major reason for why this project have been at a disadvantage compared to the hackers is because they shut down our severs and also torched them purposely so that only they could offer people's toons with all of their character progression up to that point.

For my own part, I'm eagerly awaiting TBC - but I could already have gone playing on one of the already TBC servers. Community matters - and we should be able to compete well there through actually holding up the legacy banner of attracting the mature, adult playerbase that do not engage in petty drama, trolling or hacker attacks. That kind of community will always have a given segment of potential new players especially as people grow older.

Edited by Lionheart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lionheart said:

Community does matter.

Only if we go back to 11.2.2016 (the day Nostalrius announced the release date) and see how unified the community was - we would now  wish to drown in despair of how people and things have reversed over time.

However, in order to see a person's real face - you just need to grant him with wealth and power. So and the community was given that. We did not manage to integrate it and thereafter sustain as a whole. Instead, we kept piercing behind each other's backs which stationed us in this delusional condition, if I may say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×