vox182

Pop

38 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, DarknessCalls said:

It really needs to hit 4k+ minimum for it to be sustainable in the long run, but hey, maybe it will just keep on growing.

Retail vanilla had 2.5k cap, and those high pop servers were just fine.

This mentality that a server needs 2x+ the original server cap is just foolish. I understand people are used to 8k+ pop, but on the flip side of it some people don't want to be unable to quest in contested zones. Nost PvP was at a point where pepple begged for a PvE realm so they could actually enjoy the game. Nost PvE was fine until shit down back in 2016, and that server sat at 1.5-2.5k pop. It's been already said that the server is still growing so let's not stomp that growth by spread lies about what a healthy server is.

People should just relax and see what happens.

24 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Retail vanilla had 2.5k cap, and those high pop servers were just fine.

This mentality that a server needs 2x+ the original server cap is just foolish. I understand people are used to 8k+ pop, but on the flip side of it some people don't want to be unable to quest in contested zones. Nost PvP was at a point where pepple begged for a PvE realm so they could actually enjoy the game. Nost PvE was fine until shit down back in 2016, and that server sat at 1.5-2.5k pop. It's been already said that the server is still growing so let's not stomp that growth by spread lies about what a healthy server is.

People should just relax and see what happens.

Yes this is why high pop servers in early vanilla had 5k+ queues and Blizz raised the cap.

I'm not trying to stomp anything, hardly anyone checks forums anyhow, just giving facts, I've seen several fresh realms come and go these past years on vanilla.

56 minutes ago, DarknessCalls said:

Yes this is why high pop servers in early vanilla had 5k+ queues and Blizz raised the cap.

I'm not trying to stomp anything, hardly anyone checks forums anyhow, just giving facts, I've seen several fresh realms come and go these past years on vanilla.

I have played on private servers since the good old days of Feenix-Emerald dream, and Warsong before that, and the population of that server was far less than this one (0.75-1.5k, 2k would have been considered HUGE back then) and yet it still survived until nost came out. And it was a shitty quality server. Nost truly blew the standards of population out of the water.

My point is if people keep chasing the higher populations without understanding what healthy really means, any server less than 5K population is doomed from the start... players won't roll on said server just because people are claiming it's dead. Most of us old school private server players didn't have the luxury of such a high pop, but yet we still got to play on what seemed like healthy servers. And by healthy I mean it wasn't impossible to get groups, guilds were raiding, etc.

Right now this server is fresh of any corruption, and it's growing. 

All I am saying is let's not deter people with subjective opinions, otherwise this server will fall for sure. 

Wanting a 5k - 8k populatin server at start is just madness. The population is slowly rising because people know it's ok to get 2-3 weeks after the start to have the chance to do the quests in a decent time.

What's funny in camping 1 hour the starting area scorpions to complete a 100 exp quest?

At the moment the barrens are a dead zone, there are so many people that a mob die at the moment he spawn, with 5-6 people camping (Go see thorn hill or the forgotten pool). And we are almost 1 week after start with a server population of 2.5k... with 5k population you spend a week just to get out of the starting area!! Great fun eh?

There is a reason if Blizzard had 2.5k cap servers as I read in this thread.

Edited by exelion

If you've witnessed Elysium's first weeks or even Zeth'Kur's, you'll know why there are concerns.

On my part, I would gladly  join this realm but I want to secure my account with a 2FA first.

Went to 4000 online yesterday,that was Sunday. I play every day,and I have a /who macro, that I use every hour or so,to see how the population changes during the day. This is subjective,but this is what I've noticed so far- lowest is in the morning, around 1200.then during the day it gradually grows to about 1800-2200. And then it grows again closer to the evening when people come home from work/ school.  To about 2500- 2800. I'm from Denmark. EST+1.

My experience so far has been nothing but positive,always people around to do quests with and run dungeons. But ( and this is important for me) there are not to manny people,where the areas begin to feel overpopulated. Except for this Sunday, 4k online started to feel a bit to much for me,but like I said before on a typical day it's between 1300 and 2800. Feels perfect (for me).

Edited by PIRO

Look the activity of this forum, seem very fake for a 4k players realm .. 

You don't have to trust it,or me for that matter,but I can tell you that this Sunday the areas felt overpopulated, atleast to me,I don't think that they are faking the online numbers,but I would not be surprised if they did.

As to activity of this forum, I agree with you there,and I hope It will improve over time. I think the reason for low forum activity is that most people prefer to spend their free time in game. 

Edited by PIRO

On 11/8/2017 at 3:43 PM, DarknessCalls said:

It really needs to hit 4k+ minimum for it to be sustainable in the long run, but hey, maybe it will just keep on growing.

I created a new character just yesterday expecting no more than1K/ 1.5K max and being able to quest in relatively peace, and while in the starting areas, I find myself fighting for quest mobs as if this was Elysium all over again when it first launched, and I'm wondering "WTF! why I'm I fighting for quest mobs !?, and why does the starting area seem so dang crowded!? this server is supposed to be practically empty " I do a /who and I'll be damned, there's over 4K+ people on the server, and I'm like O.o what the frack is going on here?

14 hours ago, PIRO said:

You don't have to trust it,or me for that matter,but I can tell you that this Sunday the areas felt overpopulated, atleast to me,I don't think that they are faking the online numbers,but I would not be surprised if they did.

As to activity of this forum, I agree with you there,and I hope It will improve over time. I think the reason for low forum activity is that most people prefer to spend their free time in game. 

Thats what I think too. Why bother hanging around in the forums when you can just play. There are Guilds with hundreds of players, if you have anything to ask you can just do it ingame.

In general it always depends on what you want to see...if you want to see fake numbers you will find ways to make you belive it.

It doesn't really matter if they are fudging the numbers at this point, some have accused them of this because they used to be open source and no longer are. It's also a concern that not only are these forums mostly dead, but also their reddit is super SUPER dead with constant deleted posts. Compared to the LH reddit/forums which have posts very frequently each day.

Honestly it doesn't matter though, if you are having fun, then continue having fun leveling. Whether a server is viable and will survive or not will be determined many weeks after the 'freshness' has gone away once people begin raiding and an actual economy tries to get developed.

Hello Everyone, 

Good to meet you all, I will be joining the Horde ranks. First time trying a private server. I am an old school Vanilla player. Will be looking forward to grouping or ganking you throughout the upcoming days.

cheers,