vox182

Pop

38 posts in this topic

Its currently around 900. Ofc people are at work/school/uni now. But is it really worth it if pop will stay around 1-1.5k?

I'm mostly PvP oriented and would really love to start on a fresh server, so I wouldn't have to catch up (which is not really possible in Vanilla if these people continue their progression in AQ/Nax) with all the MC/BWL+ geared people in order to not to get stomped in wPvP/BGs. But not being able to play BGs (AV with 1k population?) is also not an option.

The idea of leveling for few weeks just to check how it goes is also quite depressing.

Edited by Floren

1500 will be totally fine. To confirm your concern, there will be a lot of PvPers.

Best Regards;
Reddakh

49 minutes ago, Reddakh said:

1500 will be totally fine. To confirm your concern, there will be a lot of PvPers.

Best Regards;
Reddakh

Well, I really hope so... Spending a month leveling just to see that there are 500 online is sad. :)

As well as leveling for a month and getting one-shotted by geared people and having to spend 3-4 more months to at least be able to fight back.

Edited by Floren

Honestly? I don't think the pop will remain high at all. Within 2 weeks we will have lost many of the "hypers". You can expect 300-500 to remain unless something drastic happens and people miraculously start trusting the Elysium staff again.

It's around 1-1.8k max when server launched.This includes it was a Sunday , release day , all of elysiums other servers were down so this was the only option and also generally hypers and people who play a few hours and then leave.

Can't talk in chat doesn't make it better.Alot of us couldn't talk.Give it a week and max pop will be 1k and the Ely team should be happy with that.

The other vanilla sv has 5-8k with no lag since we aren't hitting that 10k mark no more.Most people will go their rather than here.No reason to take Ely sv over the other one in this current state.

4 hours ago, Reddakh said:

Best Regards;
Reddakh

There is no way the server will sustain that amount of population.

Hitting less than 2k on a release day on a weekend is pitiful, majority of the players will leave after the "fresh" feeling goes away (just a fact, this affects all new servers, even when Elysium first launched).

This server is in danger of being more dead than Anathema (on LH)

There's a general trend among private servers that fail to get above a critical population threshold. It's usually a slow, sad death. It's not just a numbers game, either: there needs to be a sense of true enthusiasm for the new world.

Played classic in the old days and wanted to give the private servers a shot. But reading thorugh the comments here I don't get a good feeling about the population. Since I cant really judge if 1k-1.5k will be enough to get into good pve groups regarding dungeons and raiding, my question for you guys, will it be enough?

This is just facts and i'm not trying to be negative but the pop on this server is not healthy at all. Everyone is low level so it doesn't seem that bad, but once player start hitting higher levels you will see a deserted server. BG's Q will be as long as a 5k marathon. Open world PVP is going to be like seeing a shooting star because you won't see any opponent consistently. Players who stick around for the late stages will have there tight knit groups or small guild which leaves other players having hard time to find groups consistently. At the end of the day you judge a server population and how it affects gameplay not at the beginning but at the endgame stages. As of right now, with today's population numbers, it doesn't look good at all for endgame PVE and PVP.

1 hour ago, LegendaryDestiny said:

This is just facts and i'm not trying to be negative but the pop on this server is not healthy at all. Everyone is low level so it doesn't seem that bad, but once player start hitting higher levels you will see a deserted server. BG's Q will be as long as a 5k marathon. Open world PVP is going to be like seeing a shooting star because you won't see any opponent consistently. Players who stick around for the late stages will have there tight knit groups or small guild which leaves other players having hard time to find groups consistently. At the end of the day you judge a server population and how it affects gameplay not at the beginning but at the endgame stages. As of right now, with today's population numbers, it doesn't look good at all for endgame PVE and PVP.

sounds blizzlike to me

2 hours ago, TarLC said:

Played classic in the old days and wanted to give the private servers a shot. But reading thorugh the comments here I don't get a good feeling about the population. Since I cant really judge if 1k-1.5k will be enough to get into good pve groups regarding dungeons and raiding, my question for you guys, will it be enough?

Right now, these numbers are not too good.

When Elysium PvP first launched as fresh many months ago, it was at capacity with long daily queues (5k+), then the pop slowly died down as the 'fresh' feeling went away, but it still maintains a healthy consistent 5-8k pop on Light's Hope every day.

This server will lose population once the 'freshness' goes away, it's inevitable for all new servers, just depends on how many stick around. Too early to tell, but I have seen many fresh servers come and go, based on the fact this hit less than 2k on opening day, it is in big danger of turning into a ghost town based on earlier trends.

ALL THAT BEING SAID - I could end up being wrong, like I said I point to earlier trends but now we have classic WoW coming out, so perhaps an influx of new players will keep joining up to replace those that leave, time will tell. BUT - even if the server maintains its average 1.5k population, that's still on the very low end of what it needs to be a sustainable, healthy server...

Edited by DarknessCalls

Looks like it is currently slightly growing. Rose to 2.2 peak (1.8 on start day).

36 minutes ago, Floren said:

Looks like it is currently slightly growing. Rose to 2.2 peak (1.8 on start day).

It really needs to hit 4k+ minimum for it to be sustainable in the long run, but hey, maybe it will just keep on growing.

When I find the way to setup a 2FA to protect my account, I'll join this realm.