Overtime

"The Hunt for Rhok'delar" Guide

39 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2017 at 1:42 AM, EddieHunter said:

A bit offtopic - whats that addon name which shows trap/mark/sting/wing clip timers?

I am curious too? Really useful addon

On 4/6/2017 at 1:42 AM, EddieHunter said:

A bit offtopic - whats that addon name which shows trap/mark/sting/wing clip timers?

@Raziya maybe u know it mate?

Umm... hmm...

Well, I know of sorren's hunter timers. Does the same thing, not sure that's it though. Looks a little different. Maybe just a different version. Either way, check out sorren's, that may be what you're looking for!

dotimer is a good addon for keeping track of debuff etc uptimes - shows a nice bar for each ability and even keeps track on multiple mobs (as long as they aren't identical)

On 8/7/2017 at 5:51 AM, Manara said:

respawn timer of a dead demon on Elysium pls?

20/25mins is not right

It's dynamic, based on the population.  With a population of around 6,000 the respawn was around 90 minutes.  If The Cleaner is spawned the respawn is 15 minutes.

You know, my guildies told me that it takes a good hunter to do this quest. That it's like a test of skill.

I've always been a PvPer and think a scripted mob will never take skill to beat compared to a player who thinks on their own and doesn't use spells on a cue.

So I scoffed in self amusement at what they said. And it turns out those 4 elites are just the Dark Souls of WoW, they have a few gimmicks and all it takes is a few tries to get it right. No ACTUAL difficulty, just "try it a few times until you get it right"

I don't quite understand how it was considered a true prestige to have Rhok'delar back in the day. I did not cheese any encounter with shit like having an extra hunter at Simone for NR or having a Warlock make me fear immune on Solenar and I still think the quest was rather easy.

Downed Un'goro and Burning Steppes in one try ( didn't kite Simone, outright melee'd her ) and Solenar in 3 or 4 once I figured out a pathing to kite the beetles in. The only one that gave me trouble was the Winterspring one because I kept running out of range due to a faulty kiting route ( I was doing a lot of jumps downhill which put me out of aggro range )

Of course it's not difficult after you've researched exactly what to do. You meta gamed something that wasn't designed for it. The difficulty was supposed to come from not having any idea how to fight these things, and figuring that out for yourself. Beyond that, there's still plenty of room for error. These demons can kill you quite quickly.

9 hours ago, Drain said:

Of course it's not difficult after you've researched exactly what to do. You meta gamed something that wasn't designed for it. The difficulty was supposed to come from not having any idea how to fight these things, and figuring that out for yourself. Beyond that, there's still plenty of room for error. These demons can kill you quite quickly.

Literally everyone who plays WoW does that. So the quest was only hard in 2005 when most people sucked?

2 hours ago, alexinho said:

Literally everyone who plays WoW does that. So the quest was only hard in 2005 when most people were not ridiculously over informed?

Fixed that for you.

13 minutes ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

Fixed that for you.

No, just sucked.

The first thing I thought of when I heard Solenar fears you was " Can't I get an Alliance Warlock to cast the curse on me? "

Back in 2005 most people were terribad.

i have good gear too. tried tanking simone straight up just like you explain but i dont make it.. whats the trick??  I even interupt all her lightnings, with either scatter shot or i exit melee with wing clip and reslience her. The melee  damage from felhound and simone eventually becomes to great. 

Dear Hunters,

atm iam doing my Rhok'Delar Questchain. I killed 3 Demons but iam really struggeling with Simone the Seductress.

I already tried a few ways:

1. Icetrapping her Pet and fighting with the common rotation on her. She's not the problem. But when her pet comes out the Trap he's hitting me very hard that i have to FD quickly and reset quickly.

so i decided to try the way i did it in retail classic:

2. Start with Aimed Shot on her Pet on max range and putting Simone in the Frost Trap. I tried to kite her pet like in the linked video.

But Simone always evades and after a few seconds her pet evades too. Yesterday evening she evades but the pet was still running behind me. When i had it on 11% it evades suddenly too. This morning her pet already evades after a few seconds. I saw another video where she evades and the hunter killed her pet alone. Then he regged full and started on her.

Iam really confused about that cuz in retail she and the guy in the burning stepps were the easiest demons after a few trys.

My Question:

How did u killed her?