Aero

[Addon] Questie ~ A Vanilla Quest Helper

Questie

A Vanilla Quest Helper

Hey guys, glad to be here on the new forums. This post will be updated like the one on the original nost forum was. We will use it to keep you guys up to date as we work on Questie. You may also post about bugs here, but it is much easier for us if you post them on the GitHub issue tracker. Remember to check back periodically, Questie is still a work in progress and is updated regularly.

Current Development Status:

v3.5: I'm currently in the process of fixing a few critical bugs, these fixes will be available in v3.5 before Christmas weekend.
v4.0: The core code is being rewritten. Current focus is on properly (cleanly) rewriting all the hooks. Some of the solutions 3.x uses are not ideal.

Some screenshots:
iYna778.png
oRoWMvQ.jpg
NHiBRKd.jpg
I49Saph.png
tpjeodc.png
1fPc5qQ.jpg\

IPs1yk8.jpg

FAQ
- How do I move the QuestieTracker and QuestArrow?
       Hold down CTRL + Shift + Hold Left Mouse Button + Drag

- I get an error: "attempt to index global 'QuestieConfig' (a nil value)"
       This can be caused by upgrading from an older version of Questie or using it for the first time before a SavedVariables can be properly created. Please use '/questie clearconfig' while in game to clear/reset your config file.

- I can't seem to get my quests to appear in the tracker automatically.
       For those not running EQL3 or some other QuestLog mod. If you prefer the default wow QuestLog and Tracker that's fine but it's very limited. For example, if a quest doesn't have any objectives to "track" then it won't appear in the quest tracker and no Quest Arrow will be available for it. Additionally, quests will not automatically be tracked by the default WoW quest tracker. The way that it works is that if you have the option enabled in the games Interface Options --> "Automatic Quest Tracking" then yes, it will auto track a quest with an objective once you OBTAIN the first quest item. Then it will appear automatically in the list unless you manually Shift+Click the quest in the QuestLog but again, only if there is a "trackable" objective. Unlike EQL3 or other QuestLog/QuestTracker mods where pretty much anything is trackable, these quests will appear in the Questie QuestTracker. If the quest appears then map coordinates are cached and this allows the QuestieArrow to hook into the position and give you an arrow.

- Why isn't the QuestieArrow appearing?
       You have to click on an objective on the Minimap, Worldmap or the quest in the QuestieTracker. If a quest has never been tracked it won't appear until after it has appeared at least once in the QuestieTracker. If you disable the QuestieTracker, the QuestieArrow will not work.

LINKS
Download the latest Questie HERE: https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/releases (always up to date)
Support Questie by reporting bugs: https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/issues
Who is working on Questie? Check the contributors list!

Edited by Aero

A small update has been released to address the tooltip bug that came with v3.2/3.1

New in this version (v3.3):

• Improved mouseover tooltip performance by using caching (this can be improved more in the future)
  • Fixed "tooltip only showing once" bug

As always, you can download it here: https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/releases

EDIT: Woah, why cant I edit the OP? That's going to be a problem.

Edited by Aero

Hello and thanks for this addon :)

Is it possible to improve the questies markers on the minimap if this minimap is a SQUARE ?

Today the Questies markers are only concidering a circle minimap.

Hello and thanks for this addon :)

Is it possible to improve the questies markers on the minimap if this minimap is a SQUARE ?

Today the Questies markers are only concidering a circle minimap.

This is possible, but I'd have to look into the code again to see how difficult it would be.

I've created an issue on the issue tracker here: https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/issues/287

Check back there for updates on this. Also remember guys, you can always create a feature request issue like this yourself and we will respond to it!

Why is it not possible to just have a setting that allows me to tracker whatever quest I get?

In previous editions, Questie would automaticly add the quest to my tracker - except a very few times, where it failed.

Right now I have to open the quest log and click the quest to see it on the tracker.  It wasn't like this in past versions..

I have tried both settings - no change.

Why is it not possible to just have a setting that allows me to tracker whatever quest I get?

In previous editions, Questie would automaticly add the quest to my tracker - except a very few times, where it failed.

Right now I have to open the quest log and click the quest to see it on the tracker.  It wasn't like this in past versions..

I have tried both settings - no change.

I originally designed the default mode to just track whatever quests are close to you. If it really is missing from the current version it will be returning very soon.

I'm also going to add an option to make the frame drag-able without holding ctrl+shft (as it used to be) and change the default binding to just ctrl (ctrl+shift will still work)

I originally designed the default mode to just track whatever quests are close to you. If it really is missing from the current version it will be returning very soon.

I'm also going to add an option to make the frame drag-able without holding ctrl+shft (as it used to be) and change the default binding to just ctrl (ctrl+shift will still work)

That, my friend, is something I would really appreciate.

Hey, i'm using Questies last version and EQL3 3.7.12b. My quests are not tracked automatically even when i obtain quest item. If i try to track quest manually, when i shift+click on quest in EQL, my game Not Respodning anymore...

Any suggestions? Want to be fully prepared for Elysium PVP realm launch ^.^

P.S. Configuring AddOns on Kronos and saw few posts on reddit that it's not working that good on this realm, dunno

Edited by Legron

bump

lxpe0.jpg

I will take a look into this shortly, should be fixed in v3.4 Sorry for the late reply, I've been pretty busy with holiday stuff

Thanks for replying Aero, maybe it was a client problem, i had stormrage client...Yesterday downloaded client from Elysium and it's works now. 

Im really appreciate your job mate <3

Hey Aero,

Thanks so much for all you guys great jobs!  

It would be better if multiple-language could be supported in the following weeks/months.  :diver:

Hey Aero,

Thanks so much for all you guys great jobs!  

It would be better if multiple-language could be supported in the following weeks/months.  :diver:

I agree! That's something that's currently being worked on internally. Check back here for info: https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/issues/282

The core rewrite for language support will be in v4.0. Russian might come in v4.1 but it's too far away to be sure.

Thanks for all your kind words guys! :D I'm always glad to hear that people are putting my work to good use

I agree! That's something that's currently being worked on internally. Check back here for info: https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/issues/282

The core rewrite for language support will be in v4.0. Russian might come in v4.1 but it's too far away to be sure.

Thanks for all your kind words guys! :D I'm always glad to hear that people are putting my work to good use

You couldn't image how lucky i felt when i found out Questie,  :icecream: 

The "ruRU classic DB" seems to be ready according to https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev/issues/282,   how about other languages DB ? :training1:

Is one able to resize the quest tracker arrow? I can only figure out how to configure it on/off and move it. 

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a way currently. It would be relatively easy to add this though. You can create a feature request on the issue tracker if you want. (Or I can if you don't have a github account)

Is it possible to only have quest objectives appear on the world map and not clutter up the outer edges of the minimap? I love the addon but I can't stand the little loot bags on the edges of my minimap, I only want to see those when I open world map. Is there an option to configure this? 

I have a problem,for some reason is show 2 times the requests from the quest.Plz help me senpai,i love this addon. https://postimg.org/image/m70sc375r/

Could you send me your addon list? I'm currently in the process of fixing this bug (others have reported it)

Should be fixed in the next version (v3.4) which will be out before the 17th

Also, if possible give v3.1 a try and let me know if it still happens on that one.

Edited by Aero

Could you send me your addon list? I'm currently in the process of fixing this bug (others have reported it)

Should be fixed in the next version (v3.4) which will be out before the 17th

Also, if possible give v3.1 a try and let me know if it still happens on that one.

this are me addons https://postimg.org/image/h2wvv55z3/ and https://i.imgsafe.org/07afe174a9.png

The last addon from the first image is click it in the secound image so you can see easy.

Edited by eklipsa