Sign in to follow this  
Arigatos

Is Enchanting one of the hardest and most expensive prof to lvl up with?

Well from my experience in nostalrius, creating a char for the 1st time in wow and lvling with enchanting was a pain in the попа. It was time and money consuming as hell. Although it is easier to lvl it up after u hit 60, it will be even more expensive in my point of view. Another difficulty I encountered in late game with enchanting is that it is not as proffitable as I imagined. Even though the profit cap with enchanting is literally huge it needs tons of work and farming to get recipes and to farm materials that can be sold for a descent price in the AH. Most of the "profitable" recipes are rare drops from world mobs, recipes gained from reputation farming, or raid recipes which u will never get :P , the materials can be obtained through dungeon farming which is very time consuming and straining.

I am not posting this to panic newbies or someone that he is clueless with enchanting, anyway rumours said that blacksmithing is harder due to the enormous amount of ores u need to farm. I am posting this to hear oppinions on this issue and to warn u that u will have to use some kinda guide. Enchanting has many pros and many cons, the fact is that u have to work a lot on it to make the pros come to work. 

Guides, tips and tricks, info, intel everything is welcome

Edited by Arigatos

A mage that can solo farm Dire Maul East (DME) for example won't be as hindered by the material costs. Same goes for anyone who can duo farm DME with a miner (for the arcane crystals). Not as time consuming aswell if you have a friend or befriend someone to do these with you. 

Yeah as a priest i had lots of premades for dme but u have to consider that dme is not released on the earlier patch. But even then u had to farm farm for insane amounts of time considering that u have to split the earnings. The last week for example i famed 30 hours and i made 1200g which i had to split in half. If u consider i needed 10 flasks and 100 NR pots only for Ahn'Quiraz this amount of money is a joke. Also as the time was passing the enchanting materials ere loosing their value due to the material inflation on the AH. What u said is true tho, u can farm ur own materials for ur enchants.

The cost for just making an arcanite rod is staggering to someone who just hit 60. Worst, on nost because of the population the recipe you have to have to even be able to make the rod was going for crazy prices. It was literally a legitimate way to make money - sit there and wait for the pattern to appear. That aspect alone makes enchanting rough for leveling.

How would anyone know that? There was literally like 5 blacksmiths on all of nost. I remember one day I wanted mithril spurs on my boots. I spammed trade saying I'd tip for like a half hour and no one took me up on my offer. Then I started getting a little angry. Finally someone said they'd log onto an alt to do it. I couldn't belive the hassle of trying to find even a single blacksmith... But maybe that proves your point. lol

How would anyone know that? There was literally like 5 blacksmiths on all of nost. I remember one day I wanted mithril spurs on my boots. I spammed trade saying I'd tip for like a half hour and no one took me up on my offer. Then I started getting a little angry. Finally someone said they'd log onto an alt to do it. I couldn't belive the hassle of trying to find even a single blacksmith... But maybe that proves your point. lol

You are on that many peoples ignore list eh? :)

Seriously though, like myself, I don't hang out in world chat so many that is why you struggled some.

Edited by Undertanker

I am realy not sure if enchanthing is harder than BS. They are both very hard to even get them to lvl 300. U need tons of g and effort. There were many blacksmiths tho in nost i don't think it was that hard to find someone with mithrill spears or similiar recipes. But the Lionheart helm, sulfurion hammer, stronghold gaundlets in BS and some other enchants were so hard to find that u had to make ur own acquaintances to get them. If u had recipes like that u could be "the" moneymaker 

You are on that many peoples ignore list eh? :)

Seriously though, like myself, I don't hang out in world chat so many that is why you struggled some.

Lol possibly. People probably get sick of the enchanting and leatherworking spam I put out. Sorry people!

Honestly, it is not expensive but time consuming. Sure you can pay for convenience and spend a lot of coin to power level it to 300. I reality by the time you reach 60 if you have been grinding/questing/dungeon running should have reached 300 profession with ease due to the mass amount of green/blues you get. 

I haven't maxed out enchanting yet on one of these vanilla servers yet, but I had a max level enchanter in retail through Cata. I never actually sold an enchant until parchments became availablr to sell scrolls. before that, I made all my money disenchanting and selling the crafting mats on the AH. Disenchanting is much easier than enchanting IMHO, and steady profit if you farm instances.