Sign in to follow this  
brunoviek

Why people want fresh so much?

I'm so hype for the new server. Watching your expectations get dumpstered is gonna be BiS. Ganking is going to be far worse, economy will be far worse, queue will be far worse and you're still going to be behind because the dumpster kings Grizzly are better then you and will start a dumpster fire to burn up all this trash and then just walk away.

The vast majority of people playing in the "fresh" realm will be playing on private servers for the first time, oh I'm sure you can tell me all about these "top" nost guilds transferring but in reality it's the eu guilds that can't compete to be number one here and want to try for it their with less real competition. So you've got rejected tryhards, retail kids and grizzly. So that sweet vanilla community everyone loves so much, ваууing lol its not even gonna be there.

I was really for the fresh start at first, but then it seemed nice to have a bunch of content out to do. In the end I'm going to be on the fresh start because that's what it is, a fresh start. I have my nost chars and gear but I don't really care about it so much. Sure the first few weeks will be aids as вау but that doesn't matter to me so much. I like rushing to 60, and getting pre raid bis is easy, so for me it'll be months of fun pvping in pre bis where raid gear is bleh anyways. So long as I no life the first week, I'll get 60 in a timely manner, farm my epic mount, engi/alc and be good to go for a few months.

1) Nostarius PvP is overcrowded, questing is a nightmare and we often have Qs.

2) Huge power gap between old and new players. New players are useless in PvP and have a hard time joining raids.

3) The economy is crap for new players, 2g for a lvl 5 green, wtf? Impossible to make money from professions.

4) New players get perma ganked by no life 60s. Stupid.

5) More servers means more players and more players means more support for the project.

Been questing and doing market PvP since the relaunch and this is simply blowing it out of proportion...

Because starting on a fresh, blizz-like, vanilla PVP server is a very rare opportunity. It may be the last great opportunity. The community is at its peak, the Nost core/code is in a very good place, and it is a PVP server.

I started on Nost PVP around the ZG patch, got to 60 and did some raiding. It's not the same after BWL is already on farm. I want to play while UBRS is on farm and Ragnaros hasn't been downed.

Ragnaros will be killed before you hit Stanglethorn.

A guild called GRIZZLY are the apex try hards. They plan to cash in sick days to level to 60 in a week. another week to farm preraid bis. consumables. and the sm dog whistle x40 for easy rag.

as well as stacking an all range raid comp.

Raganros will be dead before 90% of the server is level 20.

It happened on original Nost it will happen on fresh.

I am not trying to convince people to not roll on fresh i just think the age of a vanilla server is meaningless. you could lvl to 60 on original nost and find a guild thats trying to start MC or farm pre raid bis and be the crucial piece to an existing raids roster.

it isnt black and white. theres no "catching up"

Ragnaros will be dead. and the absolutle no lifers who know they can shut down ppl from entering everlook will be kings.

add in theres a chance retial ppl choose this server. gank central.

If you just enjoy the game. roll old Nost like i know many of you already have.

if you still want that feeling of being on the cutting edge of leveling then go for it but it literally will not be original nost. it will be the hard core and the mew ppl. with such a gap in the middle its unreal.

Well indeed no-lifers will be no-lifers, and it's normal with such time investment they will be top guilds no matter what.

But like you said, for 90% of the server it will still be a fair and hard struggle competition, that's nowhere to be find if you begin now on the old Nost PVP.

Edited by (TheReal) Krom

So basically the arguments against a fresh start server by those in the know can be summed up with a patronizing "You think you do, but you don't"?

Guys nobody cares if some no life account sharing  guild gets BiS in 3 days on a private server nobody's ever heard of.

The great majority of players don't give a rat's попа about being numero uno, only no life morons do.

Get a ваууing life.

Ragnaros will be killed before you hit Stanglethorn.

A guild called GRIZZLY are the apex try hards. They plan to cash in sick days to level to 60 in a week. another week to farm preraid bis. consumables. and the sm dog whistle x40 for easy rag.

as well as stacking an all range raid comp.

Raganros will be dead before 90% of the server is level 20.

It happened on original Nost it will happen on fresh.

I am not trying to convince people to not roll on fresh i just think the age of a vanilla server is meaningless. you could lvl to 60 on original nost and find a guild thats trying to start MC or farm pre raid bis and be the crucial piece to an existing raids roster.

it isnt black and white. theres no "catching up"

Ragnaros will be dead. and the absolutle no lifers who know they can shut down ppl from entering everlook will be kings.

add in theres a chance retial ppl choose this server. gank central.

If you just enjoy the game. roll old Nost like i know many of you already have.

if you still want that feeling of being on the cutting edge of leveling then go for it but it literally will not be original nost. it will be the hard core and the mew ppl. with such a gap in the middle its unreal.

LMAO, sounds like one of the most try-hard guilds in vanilla existence. I hope Elysium cucks them by locking MC for a while, that would be hilarious. On another note though, there's gonna be way more people than them who call in sick so there's gonna be more than enough people who will be on par with them level-wise. The problem is - as you mentioned - beating them in the actual race for the kills.

Edited by GTR

Been questing and doing market PvP since the relaunch and this is simply blowing it out of proportion...

The ganking in some zones is crazy stupid. Players outright stopping low levels from doing anything. For example Redridge

The ganking in some zones is crazy stupid. Players outright stopping low levels from doing anything. For example Redridge

I encountered 1 situation where Kurzen's camp in STV was camped by a lvl 60. I simply bypassed the quest. The solutions are really not that hard. Just go to a different quest, zone, dungeon or just grind some mobs and bypass it. In a few weeks you will have these twats running around on fresh doing the same thing.... 

PvP server and all.

The sole reason for this need is to ease the load on the current servers. It doesn't mean they will stop fixing and further perfecting the current servers.

Keep leveling and enjoy. Bug after bug, it will get better.

2) Huge power gap between old and new players. New players are useless in PvP and have a hard time joining raids.

3) The economy is crap for new players, 2g for a lvl 5 green, wtf? Impossible to make money from professions.

5) More servers means more players and more players means more support for the project.

Trust me most of this problems affect geared lvl 60 players too.

- 1) fresh server will also be overcrowded, because everyone wil be in the same zones.

- 2) This point I agree with the fact that there is a power level gap, it is expected, however joining raids isn't hard: most guilds are currently recruiting fresh 60's to fill up raid cores, not caring if they are geared or not; most guilds or pugs only require you to have some pre-raid bis items so you are not completly useless, but I've seen people walking into MC/ZG in greens and coming out in epics.

- 3) The economy is bad for everyone, even for lvl 60's.

- 4) Level 60's get ganked by no life pvpers, that usually attack you in small groups of 3 or 4 people, mainly in blackrock mountain, everlook, silithus, EPL, etc. Thats just what pvpers do.

All this factors are also going to be a problem in the fresh server. The economy might be cheaper for leveling gear, but will be more expensive for resources, wil be hugely expensive for rare items and so on. Its not a better economy, just a different one. And while the power gap won't be huge there will be one in the early weeks. People that level faster will have an edge, and guilds that raid will get gear faster (there won't be pugs until people can get fully epics and carry others). PvPers will gank people regardless of level.

Don't get me wrong, I do think the fresh server is a nice option, but I don't think we should promote mistaken ideas of what it will be. The fresh server merely gives you the possibility of being among the first people to complete something. It will still be incredibly competitive, hard, grindy, and exasperating at times.

Agreed, there is only 1 problem with the fresh server, the problem is it is not released YET.

Dont know why people are worried about server pops anyway right now there are probably more people waiting in que than any vanilla retail server ever had online.

Edited by KimmyG

- 4) Level 60's get ganked by no life pvpers, that usually attack you in small groups of 3 or 4 people, mainly in blackrock mountain, everlook, silithus, EPL, etc. Thats just what pvpers do.

No I think he is talking about redridge and westfall. Where packs of 60s kill lowbies all day long.

Sorry 1 shoting a level 15 is not PVP contrary to popular belief.

I dont even have an issue with 60s raiding alliance zone. There is just a few though that make it a full time job and spend hours on end blocking completion. I think the defias traitor was actually camped by 60s 24/7.

I also predict another project I wont name will steal the hype by then and take a big chunk of population because that's how the scene works resulting in fresh start + Nost PvP merging.

which is unfortunate but reality.  I really wish all private servers would just unite and get legacy done together, this pissing contest rips us apart.

I think if this was possible, it would have been done already. The two projects have some serious differences in philosophy, I think. The "you know which" intervenes a lot, changes or fixes things both mechanics and/or even loot. They will have tbc progression as well. This one has the love of the people that played and invested time. If "you know which" beta test goes well, it might attract hype. If they focus on perfecting it and not delivering the thing, they will end up like Corecraft.

I am personally very excited for the opening of the fresh start realm.  Maybe the queue for the PvE realm won't be as horrendous after it opens.

However, I'm a little confused by some peoples' views on the economy.  Having lvl 5 greens cost 2g a pop is a great thing for new players.  Let the people leveling alts subsidize your mount!  Put those greens on the AH.  Get gathering professions and put those resources up on the AH.  The issue with new servers is that the AH doesn't make as much sense as vendoring things half the time.  You're auctioning things off for maybe 5-10% over vendor prices and if they fail to sell even once, the deposit just cost you more than the little bit of profit you'd have made.  Which also means that it's very hard to find oddball items on the auction house, because nobody is going to put something up that they don't think will sell.  I remember on both the PvP and the PvE servers, when they were newer, making money through the purchase of items that I could literally vendor for more than the buyout price.  I mean, great for me, I guess, but that's a pretty ваууing shitty economy to my mind.

But yeah, super stoked for fresh start.  The deadest hours for the PvE server still have 3-4k players, which is really what I'd want to see for peak times.  And hour long queues suck.

Because starting on a fresh, blizz-like, vanilla PVP server is a very rare opportunity.  It may be the last great opportunity.  The community is at its peak, the Nost core/code is in a very good place, and it is a PVP server.

I started on Nost PVP around the ZG patch, got to 60 and did some raiding.  It's not the same after BWL is already on farm.  I want to play while UBRS is on farm and Ragnaros hasn't been downed.

I can pretty much Echo this, in addition that I've been away from Vanilla private servers for many years and with the choice, I would prefer to start from ground zero than the 100th floor with a group of my friends. Another thing is knowing the server life will be bright for at least 2-3 years where the old server will become average with Naxx out and on farm eventually for guilds.