Raziya

Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

8 hours ago, Forgot_Password said:

Hey!

Sorry about the long reply time, I haven't been able to log in to the forums for obvious reasons. >.>

A macro for Hawk and Cheetah? Sure, let's see... you probably won't want the distance one, you'll want the toggle between one... oh, but I should mention that toggling between Cheetah and Hawk can be impractical. Toggling Cheetah on and off by itself won't use too much mana and will prevent a global cooldown. Try it yourself - toggle between Cheetah and Hawk like three times, then try toggling Cheetah on and off by itself five times. Lots of mana lost, lots of GCDs. It may be preferable to simply toggle Cheetah on and off as needed, and swap back to hawk when you're confident you won't need Cheetah anymore!

Nevertheless, here's the macro you asked for, and I tested it myself in-game:

It worked for me, so I hope it helps you. I'm gonna go talk to the mods about my account.

thanks for the reply mate but this is not that i want

i want the cheetah and hawk version of this macro 

/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Hunter_AspectOfTheMonkey" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Monkey") else end

i want it because when i spam cheetah and hawk in pvp i dont want to the get  toggled off hawk and cheetah.

my english is bad sorry for mistakes...

thank you so much ...

41 minutes ago, Ebabil said:

thanks for the reply mate but this is not that i want

i want the cheetah and hawk version of this macro 

/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Hunter_AspectOfTheMonkey" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Monkey") else end

i want it because when i spam cheetah and hawk in pvp i dont want to the get  toggled off hawk and cheetah.

my english is bad sorry for mistakes...

thank you so much ...

Oh, that one, from the Deterrence macro! Right?

Hang on. Here you go:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Queriable_buff_effects

The first part with "Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Hunter_AspectOfTheMonkey" must be changed to the icon of Hawk or Cheetah. Those effects are as follows:

Spell_Nature_RavenForm
Ability_Mount_JungleTiger

It identifies the buff from the icon it has. Those are the icon names for Hawk and Cheetah respectively. Remember to also change the CastSpellByName entry to Aspect of the Hawk or Aspect of the Cheetah!

Hope that helps!

29 minutes ago, Forgot_Password said:

Oh, that one, from the Deterrence macro! Right?

Hang on. Here you go:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Queriable_buff_effects

The first part with "Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Hunter_AspectOfTheMonkey" must be changed to the icon of Hawk or Cheetah. Those effects are as follows:

Spell_Nature_RavenForm
Ability_Mount_JungleTiger

It identifies the buff from the icon it has. Those are the icon names for Hawk and Cheetah respectively. Remember to also change the CastSpellByName entry to Aspect of the Hawk or Aspect of the Cheetah!

Hope that helps!

thank you so much mate :) it works !!! :) ty ty ty

/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Mount_JungleTiger" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Cheetah") else end

/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Spell_Nature_RavenForm" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Hawk") else end

Just now, Ebabil said:

thank you so much mate :) it works !!! :) ty ty ty

/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Mount_JungleTiger" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Cheetah") else end

/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Spell_Nature_RavenForm" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Hawk") else end

Great, happy to hear. Hmu if you need anything else :p

Forgot_Password you are a good lad, thanks for the quick reply and fix for my melee macro.

Can you give me some advice on how to deal with Wing Clip most efficiently?

Currently I have you melee macro with Raptor STrike etc and WingClip as an alone separate button that i activate with Shift+2. Dont know if its the best solution since it feels awkward so maybe just a bit geting used to. Anyway if u have some advice how to deal with Wing Clip id appreciate it

I'm back!! Big thanks to Xiel on the Elysium staff team for helping me through the password e-mail reception problem. :D

19 hours ago, Ozolz said:

Forgot_Password you are a good lad, thanks for the quick reply and fix for my melee macro.

Can you give me some advice on how to deal with Wing Clip most efficiently?

Currently I have you melee macro with Raptor STrike etc and WingClip as an alone separate button that i activate with Shift+2. Dont know if its the best solution since it feels awkward so maybe just a bit geting used to. Anyway if u have some advice how to deal with Wing Clip id appreciate it

Right, so, Wing Clip is the kinda thing that you could most certainly spam, but it's not a damage ability. Not the kind of thing you'll want to keep spamming for the sake of damage, except in the most rare of circumstances where the minimal damage put out by Wing Clip will actually kill an aggressor. My recommendation is to keep doing what you're doing - use Wing Clip on a different keybind! Spam your melee for damage and use Wing Clip as needed.

A typical hunter PvP thing is to use RS and WC simultaneously in melee before darting back out, so to account for it being on a different keybind, placement is important, and you can also pre-emptively enable Raptor Strike and prepare to use Wing Clip the moment you get close enough.
WoWScrnShot_032817_235223.thumb.jpg.3c9093fabe6938a8cc024712f55ba794.jpg
My binds, as seen in the attachment, are shift + 3 and shift + 4 for standard melee and Wing Clip respectively. On the opposite side of the main bar, on 3 and 4 respectively, are Auto Shot and Concussive Shot. The intuitive setup and ease of access facilitate the technique mentioned above.

Edit: By the way, the Stockades trailer is up! While I'm working on the pet tutorial, I can release Stocks, at least. :p Turns out YouTube is removing the annotations system, so I'm gonna need to figure out a new way to commentate. Was thinking I'd use post-production text in one version of future videos, and link to an unlisted version of the video in the description with no such thing. If any of y'all have other suggestions, hit me up! Thanks.

Edited by Raziya

Sorry to report but this latest one u made doesnt work:

/run if x==9 then CastSpellByName("Raptor Strike") else end
/script if not IsAutoRepeatAction(10) then CastSpellByName("Attack"); end
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Mongoose Bite

Every time I can do Mongoose Bite, it does it and then just stops attacking. I dont have Counterattack yet so i removed it from the macro

Thanks for the wing clip advice, ill try it out

8 hours ago, Ozolz said:

Sorry to report but this latest one u made doesnt work:

/run if x==9 then CastSpellByName("Raptor Strike") else end
/script if not IsAutoRepeatAction(10) then CastSpellByName("Attack"); end
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Mongoose Bite

Every time I can do Mongoose Bite, it does it and then just stops attacking. I dont have Counterattack yet so i removed it from the macro

Thanks for the wing clip advice, ill try it out

Umm... and you changed the "10" to wherever the macro is on your bars, referencing the linked image, right? It's working fine for me!

The counterattack line won't make a difference. If you have it, it will be used when available. If not, nothing happens.

Edited by Raziya

Im getting some error using your macros ... for arcaneshot/other shots ... ill upload a screenshot of the error here ... please help me solve this ... it spamming chat is pissing me off ... the error text is from improved error frames addon (just found that out) ... http://imgur.com/a/iZZiW ... if there is nothing wrong with the macro but addon still thinks there is can u help me find a way to shut it up in chat ... also i tried using the same macro for shadowmeld on trueshot aura ... Ability_Trueshot is what i found on the internet to be the icon name but it doesnt seem to work ... can u make that macro for me also :P I fuggured out the problem ... i used up the 255 letters of the addon

and dont have the "end" at the end ... help pls !!!

I managed to fix it myself ... BUT I WOULD LOVE SOME HELP FOR TRUESHOT MACRO ... I ALWAYS USE IT TWICE AND WASTE 500 MANA ... so pls :D 

Edited by Fipro

9 hours ago, Fipro said:

Im getting some error using your macros ... for arcaneshot/other shots ... ill upload a screenshot of the error here ... please help me solve this ... it spamming chat is pissing me off ... the error text is from improved error frames addon (just found that out) ... http://imgur.com/a/iZZiW ... if there is nothing wrong with the macro but addon still thinks there is can u help me find a way to shut it up in chat ... also i tried using the same macro for shadowmeld on trueshot aura ... Ability_Trueshot is what i found on the internet to be the icon name but it doesnt seem to work ... can u make that macro for me also :P I fuggured out the problem ... i used up the 255 letters of the addon

and dont have the "end" at the end ... help pls !!!

I managed to fix it myself ... BUT I WOULD LOVE SOME HELP FOR TRUESHOT MACRO ... I ALWAYS USE IT TWICE AND WASTE 500 MANA ... so pls :D

You may be using the wrong version of the Arcane Shot macro. Please make sure you're using the shorter version of the macro in section 2.2.3! I have edited it to specify more clearly that the first macro goes over 255 characters.

As for Trueshot... hmm. I thought I had one of those macros in the OP, but it must have been discontinued. I wouldn't recommend using a macro like that for TSA, anyway, unless it's an added script to a macro you spam in combat that'll ensure you keep TSA up. I kept having to take it off and re-apply, since I keep an eye on my buffs and refresh before they fall off.

Either way, I'm not sure what would be the problem if Ability_TrueShot didn't work. Perhaps you should try putting this there instead?
"Interface\\Icons\\Ability_TrueShot"

Try putting that in the quotes. That might fix it.

21 minutes ago, greenkomodo said:

Sooo which spec for a recent level 60 Hunter who is just running instances to get BiS gear?

Hey there!

If you have a guild waiting on you, I'd recommend trying an MM spec with Surefooted from Survival if you lack hit. It's not the optimal DPS, but it'll help you get into raids faster. If you're gonna be gathering gear for a while, 20/31/0 is a fine spec to play. Practice keeping your pet alive in the dungeons you run and maybe you'll be able to pull it off in raids!

Just remember, if you have serious mana issues, try downranking your Multi-Shot until you've got better gear and it should help a lot.

I was just about to head out, but ya caught me at a good time. If you have any more questions, I'll answer them when I can. Hope that helps!

hi Raziya is it possible to add tranq shot to this macro ?

/script if GetUnitName("target")==nil then TargetNearestEnemy() end
/script class=UnitClass("target"); if ((class=="Rogue") or (class=="Warrior")) then CastSpellByName("Scorpid Sting"); else CastSpellByName("Viper Sting"); end

scorpid sting to rogue and warrior

viper sting to other classes

tranq shot to bosses when needed ?

The Vanilla Pets tutorial and Stockades dungeon videos have been added to the OP and published. Enjoy!

9 hours ago, Ebabil said:

hi Raziya is it possible to add tranq shot to this macro ?

/script if GetUnitName("target")==nil then TargetNearestEnemy() end
/script class=UnitClass("target"); if ((class=="Rogue") or (class=="Warrior")) then CastSpellByName("Scorpid Sting"); else CastSpellByName("Viper Sting"); end

scorpid sting to rogue and warrior

viper sting to other classes

tranq shot to bosses when needed ?

Hmm...

Well, the way I would think to do that is by checking for the Frenzy buff. If I remember correctly, Chromaggus and Flamegor have the same icon for Frenzy, but I don't remember for Magmadar, and I don't know about Huhuran. Funny you should ask, though, I actually replace SS/VS on my bars and use that keybind for Tranq Shot during raids.

Oh, whaddya know? It looks to be the same for Magmadar through Huhuran. All have the same icon for Frenzy. So, with the icon name being:
Ability_Druid_ChallangingRoar

It should be possible to make a macro to tranq shot when frenzy is up, and create a fall-through macro effectively. However, my testing is being kind of wonky at the moment, and I can't get my modified Shadowmeld macro to do what it's meant to do - fire off a Serpent Sting if target's UnitDebuff frame does not have Serpent Sting already. Ah, well! Maybe I'll figure it out at some point... or maybe you will?

I checked the icon name by using the macro below on a Dun Morogh wolf while a druid Challenging Roared. Same icon as Frenzy.
/script function m(s) DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(s); end for i=1,16 do s=UnitBuff("target", i); if(s) then m("B "..i..": "..s); end s=UnitDebuff("target", i); if(s) then m("D "..i..": "..s); end end

Yes, it did have an "a" in Challenging Roar. Don't know why.

Edited by Raziya

8 hours ago, greenkomodo said:

Any BiS list of gear for people just dinged 60 and trying to gear up?

Aye. You're gonna need 9% hit for raiding, so it's up to you how to go about that, as long as you have 31 points in Marksman for Trueshot Aura. Then you can feel free to go for Surefooted or stuff in BM. A popular pre-raid spec is 2/31/18, with Improved Aspect of the Hawk, Trueshot Aura, and Surefooted. Something like this:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#cbZVVRhthtILbboh
Feel free to swap some stuff around. I have my own preferences for my own reasons, you probably won't want Improved Arcane Shot. My only piece of advice is that you refrain from taking Entrapment for a PvE spec, since if you root some enemies and healers are nearby, the enemies will go right on the healers and gib them.

My friend Gerwulf from Kronos worked up a BiS list for hunters. He ran a lot of numbers and it checks out to me. While I can't share the spreadsheet, I can give you some advice by following it, myself. Not all of Elysium's servers are in the same state, and I don't know what dungeons are out and what dungeons aren't, so I'm going to list some alternatives in case some of his recommendations are not available or are too bothersome to acquire. I'm also going to refrain from mentioning PvP options, except in the case of Bloodseeker and Don Julio's.

For weapons, Bloodseeker from Alterac Valley is pre-raid BiS. If you can't get that yet, Carapace Spine Crossbow from Strath UD. If you want +hit on your weapon, Blackcrow from LBRS is the pre-raid BiS weapon with hit. As for melee, nothing compares to the Barbarous Blade from DM N. The next best option, unless you are willing to enchant your blues (in which case it compares), is 2x Bone Slicing Hatchet from Strath UD with +15 agility on each.

In case of emergency +hit, you may want to pick yourself up a Warmonger, a BoE blue. That fantastic melee weapon will give you +3% hit, so if you're ever playing with gear combinations and need that extra hit for a tranq shot boss... you may need one down the line anyway, since you will lose a lot of hit by wearing resistance equipment against tough bosses and need something like this to make up the difference.

Get yourself the Backwood Helm from that DM W quest for a pre-raid BiS helm. The next best is the Crown of Tyranny from Strath Live.

For neck, the Mark of Fordring is BiS until you get the Onyxia Tooth Necklace. If you can pick up an Imperial Jewel along the way in BRD, it's an inferior, but decent stand-in until you get the Mark.

The Wyrmtongue Shoulders from Strath Live are the pre-raid BiS shoulders. You can find Spaulders of the Unseen on the auction house if you'd like a slightly inferior alternative. Notable shoulder armor with +hit is Truestrike Shoulders from UBRS.

For cloak, the Cape of the Black Baron from Strat UD has no equal. Be warned, it's so good that you will most likely be competing with rogues and warriors for it! The significantly inferior next-best is Shadow Prowler's Cloak from UBRS.

Chest is a little tricky. Post-buff, the Savage Gladiator Chain from BRD arena is pre-raid BiS, but that's quite rare! The next best is Beastmaster's Tunic, but I don't believe the quest for that is out on most of Elysium's servers. If you can't get that, Ogre Forged Hauberk from DM N is BiS and easy to acquire, but if even that isn't out, go for Cadaverous Armor from Scholomance... but that's also kind of a really rare drop. Under Cadaverous Armor is pre-patch Savage Gladiator Chain, but once again, if you don't want to farm that, the only options below are Deathdealer Breastplate from BRD, another rare drop, or Beaststalker's Tunic from UBRS. Good luck.

Your pre-raid BiS wrist armor is Bracers of the Eclipse from DM W. If you can't get that, Beastmaster's Bindings. Otherwise, Beaststalker's Bindings. The good news about the Beaststalker's Bindings is that you can find it on the auction house - it's BoE.

Gloves? Devilsaur Gauntlets, crafted. The Gauntlets of Accuracy from DM W are the only easy-to-acquire close comparison, and they're not close. Oh, and there are the Cadaverous Gloves from Scholo, but those are only better than Gauntlets of Accuracy post-buff. And, they're kinda hard to find.

Warpwood Binding from DM W is an awesome pre-raid BiS belt if it's available. Under that is Beastmaster's Belt, Cadaverous Belt (post-buff) from Scholo, and Frostbite Girdle from scholo, respectively. If you want a BoE alternative, the next-best after all those is Serpentine Sash.

For legs, Devilsaur Leggings have no equal, especially with the matching gauntlets. Beastmaster's Pants is second best, followed by the BoE Windrunner Legguards, followed by the Beaststalker's Pants from Strath UD.

Beastmaster's Boots is pre-raid BiS foot armor. Mongoose Boots, crafted Dire Maul leather, are the next-best alternative, but if you can't get those, Beaststalker's Boots from Strath UD are third-best.

For rings, Don Julio's Band from AV and Painweaver Band from UBRS are your pre-raid BiS rings. An awesome ring if you still need hit % is the Tarnished Elven Ring from DM T, which is not unique! You can get two of them! If Dire Maul and Alterac Valley aren't out on your server, aside from Painweaver Band, the BoE Innervating Band is the next best ring you can get.

Trinkets are pretty tricky. As a hunter, you may want to switch trinkets during a boss fight to do more damage. My recommendations are the Devilsaur Eye, a world quest, and Blackhand's Breadth from a Blackrock Spire quest. For trinket swapping, I'd suggest swapping Devilsaur Eye out with Royal Seal of Eldre'thalas from the Dire Maul hunter book. If that isn't available, the Rune of the Guard Captain from a Hinterlands quest will do, if you're a Horde player. If you're Alliance, the Hand of Justice from BRD offers 20 RAP, but good luck convincing a melee DPS to let you take it; it's much better for them than it is for us. You don't NEED to swap trinkets, but I've listed these in case you really, really want to.

If you're interested in enchants, I'll tell you a few. The Libram of Voracity offers +8 agility to helm and legs until Falcon's Call from ZG, which requires Rapidity, if I remember correctly, and is more beneficial. You can get 3 agility on cloak, 7 agil on gloves (15 agil if folks have been raiding AQ), 7 agil on boots, 15 on each weapon... the only bracer enchantment with agility out there is 1 agility, so you could opt out of that for 4 MP5. 4 stats on chest is the best you can find, but if you can't afford or find it, 100 health or mana are much cheaper alternatives, unless you want to go for 3 stats. Get yourself a Sniper Scope on your ranged weapon. If you need hit and have a good weapon to blow one on, Biznicks 247x128 Accurascope offers 3% hit. If you're wondering about shoulder enchants, the Argent Dawn offers resistance enchantments. Other than that, being exalted with the Zandalar Tribe grants you access to the Zandalar Signet of Might, which gives +30 AP.

I recommend enchanting your pre-raid BiS with attention to what you can afford or acquire easily because you will need to go all-out once you start getting raiding gear. If you have the time or gold to go all-out on your pre-raid BiS, go ahead if you'd like.

For consumables, the Elixir of Greater Agility is a cheap, but effective 25 agility elixir you could hold on to for most occasions. For raiding, Elixir of the Mongoose is better by a huge margin, but quite pricey. Other consumables include Ground Scorpok Assay, another 25 agility buff from the Blasted Lands quests, Juju Might, 40 AP for ten minutes from Frostmaul E'ko in Winterspring, and Scrolls of Agility IV, which you can find often on the AH. You may also want to consider stocking up on Grilled Squid for 10 agility for 10 minutes, but with mana issues, Nightfin Soup or Sagefish Delight will help you there. Or, you know, mana potions so you can use that food buff slot for Grilled Squid instead, but I've scarcely needed to pop off a mana potion in the middle of a raid as a hunter.

I recommend being economically conscious about your consumables, such as popping off a Juju Might when you'll get the most out of it - like during the trash after Broodlord Lashlayer, not during BWL's suppression room - and using a combination of Elixirs of Greater Agility and Elixirs of the Mongoose to avoid using too many more expensive elixirs in a single night, unless otherwise directed by your class leader.

Hopefully all that helps you prepare for raiding. If you have any more questions, hit me up, fam.

Wow that's incredible, thank you. Also I currently have a 60 cat from the Barrens lol. Should I be looking to get something else? I've tried for Broken Tooth or Lupos but it's impossible!

3 hours ago, greenkomodo said:

Wow that's incredible, thank you. Also I currently have a 60 cat from the Barrens lol. Should I be looking to get something else? I've tried for Broken Tooth or Lupos but it's impossible!

It's tough, for sure, but not impossible! And totally worth it.

If you want to try for them, I'd recommend finding a timer and sticking to it, coming back and/or logging on to check for them before the timer is up. You could also try logging your hunter at one of the spawn locations and playing an alt until a server crash, if it's happening often for some reason. Server restarts will not respawn things! Server crashes will, and those are quite unpredictable. You could also do the old-fashioned way of camping it AFK, putting on a movie or doing some chores or whatever it is you have to do, and taming it as soon as it's up. However, this isn't really practical for Broken Tooth or Lupos given their multiple spawn locations. On the plus side, I've seen them just up with no one taming them a couple of times as a result!

If you want more information on pets, the pet tutorial came out recently. See section 3.2.2 in the OP of this thread for a link.

fustercluck.jpg

hi raziya , can you give us a totem pet attack macro , it will be very usefull against shamans in pvp.

4 hours ago, Ebabil said:

hi raziya , can you give us a totem pet attack macro , it will be very usefull against shamans in pvp.

Howdy!

Uhh... I think that depends on what kind of totem you want your pet to attack. With the name of the totem, that's easy.
/script TargetByName("totemnamehere")

So, like, if you see a grounding totem or earthbind or whatever it is you hate the most. You could cram a bunch of target-by-name scripts into the macro if you'd like! Other than that, I'd recommend the standard automatic targeting script in most of the shot macros in the OP.

i want a one simple macro like this

when i spaming this macro

if there is no totem pet attacks the target

if there is a totem pet attaks the totem 

when the pet kills the totem immediately attaks the target again.

and this macro must  include all totems .

Edited by Ebabil