Raziya

Hunter Macros & Tips [Redux]

3 hours ago, Trales said:

Thanks for reuploading, but it still bugs out after 1 or 2 aimed shots.

I will try it out again once im 60, where i maybe have to setup some other addons anyway.

That's really unfortunate. I wish I knew what the problem was! It makes me sad that other hunters are having difficulty with it. Alas, the original developer for the addon is back on the original Nost forums, as far as I know; I'm not sure if they're here, or if they would have any other answer for you. I can only say it works for me.

You may want to consider trying the AttackBar addon. It can time your Auto Shots and melee strikes. Not sure about Aimed. Perhaps that will work better for you? I like rais more, but I haven't had difficulty with it, so. :p

54 minutes ago, Oakenlix said:

I have a noob question. Does using instant-cast abilities during autoshot wind-up delay the autoshot?

Nope, but you can still maximize your power by taking advantage of their instant nature during the Auto Shot cooldown. Strafe away and shoot, rather than just fire 'em off without care!

Pardon me, I realize you didn't ask for advice, but I'm kind of a captain obvious. :)

Edited by Raziya

2 hours ago, Raziya said:

Nope, but you can still maximize your power by taking advantage of their instant nature during the Auto Shot cooldown. Strafe away and shoot, rather than just fire 'em off without care!

Pardon me, I realize you didn't ask for advice, but I'm kind of a captain obvious. :)

Hey, any advice is always appreciated. Thank you, I was a bit confused by how Rais addon displayed the autoshot timer after my instant spells.

On 1/30/2017 at 10:09 AM, Oakenlix said:

I have a noob question. Does using instant-cast abilities during autoshot wind-up delay the autoshot?

On 1/30/2017 at 10:52 AM, Raziya said:

I was under the impression that if you were in the middle of your .5 second auto windup and used multi it would reset your windup on your auto delaying it further. RAIS seems to support that, as does old postings I've seen

0.0 - 0.5 seconds Auto Shot

0.5 - 1.0 seconds multi-shot

vs

0.0 - 0.3 autoshot interrupted for multishot

0.3 - 0.8 multishot

0.8 - 1.3 autoshot

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/72509-arrowdeis-hunter-pve-guide-confessions-of-a-god/

^easiest to access off the top of my head

1 minute ago, Ironsides said:

I was under the impression that if you were in the middle of your .5 second auto windup and used multi it would reset your windup on your auto delaying it further. RAIS seems to support that, as does old postings I've seen

0.0 - 0.5 seconds Auto Shot

0.5 - 1.0 seconds multi-shot

vs

0.0 - 0.3 autoshot interrupted for multishot

0.3 - 0.8 multishot

0.8 - 1.3 autoshot

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/72509-arrowdeis-hunter-pve-guide-confessions-of-a-god/

^easiest to access off the top of my head

Multi has a 0.5 second cast time. It's not instant.

Edited by Raziya

5 hours ago, Fridolin said:

What is RAIS ?
Its possible to see a castbar for aimed shot?

I have found a solution for the Aimed Shot problem.

The creator of Luna recently updated the addon's Aimed Shot cast timer to function properly and you can see it in action in the Alterac Valley video near the bottom of the OP. If you're still having trouble with the Aimed Shot cast timer showing up with rais, I'd say, give Luna a try instead. Here's a download link:
https://github.com/Aviana/LunaUnitFrames/archive/master.zip

That SHOULD be the right link. Lemme know if it's not, and I'll fix it. Just remember to remove the "-master" from the end of the folder name. In your Addons folder, it should only be called "LunaUnitFrames" - anything else will cause it to not show up! It's a github thing, adding that to the end of downloads.

If a UI overhaul isn't an idea you're fond of, he's also working on improving rais_AutoShot. We're in touch. I'll be sure to drop a link to his work here when he's done. :)

Hi guys, 

im a bit of a rookie when it comes to vanilla macros. when ever i use this macro i get spammed with text in my chat box... any way to stop this ? sorta annoying because it just pushes all my chat out of the window.

/script if GetUnitName("target")==nil then TargetNearestEnemy() end
/cast Arcane Shot(rank 1)
/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) and (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() elseif not IsAutoRepeatAction(3) then CastSpellByName("Auto Shot") end

4 hours ago, razbug said:

Hi guys, 

im a bit of a rookie when it comes to vanilla macros. when ever i use this macro i get spammed with text in my chat box... any way to stop this ? sorta annoying because it just pushes all my chat out of the window.

/script if GetUnitName("target")==nil then TargetNearestEnemy() end
/cast Arcane Shot(rank 1)
/run if CheckInteractDistance("target", 3) and (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() elseif not IsAutoRepeatAction(3) then CastSpellByName("Auto Shot") end

Hey there.

That script is too long for the standard 255 characters allowed in a macro. If you lack an addon like SuperMacro, the script may be incomplete, and that's why it's spamming you. If you do have one such addon, I don't know why it's causing whatever error you have - it works fine for me.

In section 2.2.3, a third macro is listed below that one, and it does fit in the 255 character limit. See for further details. Replace the third line with this:
/script if not IsAutoRepeatAction(3) then CastSpellByName("Auto Shot"); end

And, perhaps, it'll work better. Please do remember to change the 3 in that line to wherever you have your Auto Shot on your bars!

Hey guys, posted a new video. Search 'Shadowglen' in the original post.

Who says leveling without a pet is that difficult? :D

15 hours ago, HudsonHawk said:

vid

Perhaps I should link the video in my latest comment as well, if I am to alert folks to new ones. Thanks for the idea!

4 hours ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

Been there. Done that. Don't need the Not So Instant Replay.

Huh?

Also, hello! Welcome to my thread. :D

Not trying to slam you Raz or anything (^_~), but any video that includes the "Welcome To N00bland" intro for the first minute and a half is really only going to be of interest to someone who has never played the race before.  For those of us who have played Night Elves, there's a sense of "get on with it already!" that gets prompted by watching that into (again).  And the hilarious thing is, I'm one of the more patient people ... but even I have my limits (^_~).

Edited by Roxanne Flowers

14 hours ago, Roxanne Flowers said:

Not trying to slam you Raz or anything (^_~), but any video that includes the "Welcome To N00bland" intro for the first minute and a half is really only going to be of interest to someone who has never played the race before.  For those of us who have played Night Elves, there's a sense of "get on with it already!" that gets prompted by watching that into (again).  And the hilarious thing is, I'm one of the more patient people ... but even I have my limits (^_~).

There is a skip list in the description. :p

The reason I use speed-ups and slow-downs, and skip lists, is to keep pace and be complete. I'd rather not leave stuff out.

Personally, I look back at these videos sometimes and remember. Nostalgia is a thing - and it's big in a vanilla community.

/script if (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() end
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Counterattack
/cast Mongoose Bite

that macro, the mob gets near me i hit the macro and do raptor strike (im a lowlvl dont have all the spells in macro) then when raptor strike is ready again i hit it and the attack stops. Whats wrong?

hi  Raziya 

can you give me a macro that will not be toggled off aspect of the cheetah and aspect of the hawk ?

you make the same macro for monkey and its working fine

i try to change the name cheetah and hawk in the monkey macro bu it dont worked :(

can you help me pls

On 3/23/2017 at 5:09 PM, Ebabil said:

hi  Raziya 

can you give me a macro that will not be toggled off aspect of the cheetah and aspect of the hawk ?

you make the same macro for monkey and its working fine

i try to change the name cheetah and hawk in the monkey macro bu it dont worked :(

can you help me pls

Hey!

Sorry about the long reply time, I haven't been able to log in to the forums for obvious reasons. >.>

A macro for Hawk and Cheetah? Sure, let's see... you probably won't want the distance one, you'll want the toggle between one... oh, but I should mention that toggling between Cheetah and Hawk can be impractical. Toggling Cheetah on and off by itself won't use too much mana and will prevent a global cooldown. Try it yourself - toggle between Cheetah and Hawk like three times, then try toggling Cheetah on and off by itself five times. Lots of mana lost, lots of GCDs. It may be preferable to simply toggle Cheetah on and off as needed, and swap back to hawk when you're confident you won't need Cheetah anymore!

Nevertheless, here's the macro you asked for, and I tested it myself in-game:

On 3/5/2017 at 2:09 AM, Raziya said:

/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Spell_Nature_RavenForm" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Hawk") else CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Cheetah") end

It worked for me, so I hope it helps you. I'm gonna go talk to the mods about my account.

...oh, dear, someone else posted something too. Hang on...

On 3/23/2017 at 6:58 AM, Ozolz said:

/script if (not PlayerFrame.inCombat) then AttackTarget() end
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Counterattack
/cast Mongoose Bite

that macro, the mob gets near me i hit the macro and do raptor strike (im a lowlvl dont have all the spells in macro) then when raptor strike is ready again i hit it and the attack stops. Whats wrong?

Hey, that macro toggles auto attack off. Sorry about that. I did a quick patch job on it just now, and tested it. Here it is:

On 3/5/2017 at 2:09 AM, Raziya said:

/run if x==9 then CastSpellByName("Raptor Strike") else end
/script if not IsAutoRepeatAction(10) then CastSpellByName("Attack"); end
/cast Raptor Strike
/cast Counterattack(Rank 1)
/cast Mongoose Bite

The first line is meant to show the cooldown of Raptor Strike. It does not actually cast Raptor Strike, because X is never defined.

The second line will turn auto attack on and prevent it from being toggled off. Just like the Auto Shot macro, you must change the "10" to wherever you have Raptor Strike on your bars. If you need a reference, here it is: http://i.imgur.com/VGArn.jpg

The third line enables Raptor Strike. If this line is placed first, it will prevent Auto Attack from staying on entirely.

The fourth line prioritizes Counterattack, if it's available, over Mongoose Bite.

The fifth line will cast Mongoose Bite if it's available.

It worked for me, so I hope it helps you. NOW I'm gonna go talk to the mods about my account...

thanks for the reply mate but this is not that i want

i want the cheetah and hawk version of this macro 

/run local i,x=1,0 while UnitBuff("player",i) do if UnitBuff("player",i)=="Interface\\Icons\\Ability_Hunter_AspectOfTheMonkey" then x=1 end i=i+1 end if x==0 then CastSpellByName("Aspect of the Monkey") else end

i want it because when i spam cheetah and hawk in pvp i dont want to the get  toggled off hawk and cheetah.

my english is bad sorry for mistakes...

thank you so much ...